Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

May 16 Babies

Replies

• Options

Have any of you ladies with windy babies tried Colief in their bottles? It's really expensive but worked wonders for my first born. It breaks down the milk to make it easier for the baby to digest. Luckily, Heidi has been great on Aptamil and is pretty good with getting her wind up. She's taking 5oz every 4 hours but I think I'll be upping her to 6oz this week as she seems to be getting hungry quicker. My eldest just adores her, they are so cute together 😍

• Options

Lovely picture! i did hear of colief but having to make the bottle half an hour before put me off! I've got a perfect prep machine and it kind of defeats the object! I think the nutrimagen  working pretty well for now, with the Gaviscon. She did her best slep ever last night - 10.20 til 8.10!!  

• Options

Shellington, what a cracking pic! Coxy, that's a great chunk of sleep - did you manage to sleep to or did you spend the night waiting for her to wake up? 

• Options

ha, I woke up at 6 then 7 and 8! Couldn't believe it. I got up at 7 and had a shower, tidied up etc, using the time to my advantage and couldn't believe she was still asleep. she usually sleeps to 5.30n- 6.30am ish  she's still very good. today she woke up at 6 and it felt like dawn! 

• Options

Hi May mums, we don't suppose any of you had prolonged bleeding post birth? If so, might you be able to help this newbie we have? Her thread is over here...

• Options

I'm still bleeding 9 weeks in 😫 Just commented on that new thread x

• Options

Thanks Shellington, and blimey, that seems like a long time! Have you mentioned it to any health visitors or gp in passing? 

• Options

I'm still waiting for my post natal check which is booked for the 4th Aug. My doctor retired a couple of weeks ago so we've been switched to a new surgery which has been a nightmare. I'll mention it then. We got signed off from the midwives and HV pretty early so I didn't think it was an issue that I was still bleeding then. I'm not in any pain or anything, it's just annoying! Ive promised my eldest I'll take her swimming when I'm better and she's getting impatient xx

• Options

I was bleeding for 7 weeks after, stopped for 2 days then my first period started. I had the period as I had stopped breastfeeding. 

• Options

Hi all, are you or your kids playing Pokemon Go? We've heard it's so massive now, some peeps are even naming their kids after Pokemon! We're talking about it over on this thread here....please do come and tell us if you'd name you child after a Pokemon! (Our tongue is firmly in our cheek on this one!) 

• Options

Ha. My husband is playing it 😂

• Options

I play it and so does my fiance. It's good for getting me out of the house :D 

• Options

Oh good. I'm relieved there are other adults playing it !! Ha. It's good exercise in fairness. 

• Options

Hello everyone, how are you and your babies doing? We've started a new thread today about what's a great gift to give to a new mum? Did you guys get anything good? If so, won't you come and tell us on this new thread here please? 

• Options

Hi! Heidi is doing fab thanks, still has her lovely thick hair and definitely no signs of it falling out 😀 I've finally got my post natal check on Thursday, 10 weeks post birth. Still bleeding, so hopefully they can give me something to stop it 😫 I've started exercising again now and can't wait to shift my baby weight :) 

• Options

Mya is good too. Only problem is she won't take a bottle. I've tried different bottles, expressed milk, formula milk, different temps, different feeding positions, different feeders but no joy. Its hard cause I have absolutely no time to myself and it's getting to a stage where she hates being held by anyone else even. I don't know what to do.... I can't go on feeding her myself forever as have to start back to work in a few months. Hubby wouldn't even take her off me for half an hour the other day so i could have my first bath since having her cause he says she didn't settle for him.  😔

• Options

Ah Emma I feel for you. Have you tried different types of bottles? there are some tnat are meant to replicate the nipple. Must be hard for you. I have to say though, Alice Is bottle fed and she quite often won't settle (if she's overtired or upset) for anyone but me. Maybe it's how they are at this age?!. I dont know. I'm planning Two nights away with my sister in October and debating whether i can leave her. But worried she won't settle!!

shellington lovely pic of Heidi. That car seat looks comfy. Alice hates the car at the moment. I have to put her in the front so j can put her dummy in if she gets whiney !

• Options

Hi all, are any of your babies suffering with colic? If so, would you like to try and test some anti-colic bottles for us? If so, please PM me with your email addy asap. 

• Options

Hello everyone,

We just wanted to stop by and let you know about two threads we’re talking about today.

The first is a competition we are running with Dulux. If you have a child who can draw, and fancy trying to nab £500 B&Q vouchers, just have your child draw a picky of their dream bedroom and ask them to tell you about it. Please do read the opening post about how to enter. 

The second thread is about Christmas! Yup, some people are already doing their Xmas shopping… is this insane, or do you think it’s better to start to early! That thread is over here! 

Thank you! 

• Options

Hi everyone, we hope you're all doing really well and enjoying the sunshine!

Today we are talking about swaddling your baby - did you swaddle or not? Please do come and let us know on this new thread over here! 

Also, if you received a pack of Chicco nappies from us, we'd love to hear what you thought of them and how you found them?