Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

May 16 Babies

Replies

• Options

ive successfully done it 3 times now which is great. I'm using the baby ehisperer shush pat method. it takes quite a long time but she doesn't cry which is great. only thing is she usually only sleeps for 45 mins in the day!! By he end of the day she's so overtired it's a bit of a nightmare. That said she does sleep up to 8/9 hours at a time so I can't complain. 

anyone else using self soothing yet? I know some peoples babies just do it on their own - jealous !! 

• Options

Coxy, that's fantastic progress!!! And this is coming from a mum who ended up hiring a sleep trainer (but that's a story for another day!)

• Options

Hi! Heidi's constipation is all sorted now,  she's nice and regular again :) She's been great in the heat too actually. She's still only up once in the night and settles pretty quickly again. Tonight will be a scorcher though so we'll see how she does later xx Hope everyone is well xx

• Options

Hello Danielle :) Emellia is now on similac alimentum, she took to it good, and her rash has disappeared now :)! She had her first lot of injections today and this weather is a nightmare trying to nurse her to sleep and it's too warm! Constantly been feeding today on and off. Has been taking some cool boiled water also. 

Coxy I baught my little one Ewan the sheep. It's really good!he's got a red light on him and plays soothing music with a heart beat noise in the background. Also I play "white noise" on my mobile for her (which is on youtube) and she will just stare at the red light and fall asleep. But if she starts crying I will just cuddle her to sleep xxx

• Options

awww gorgeous pic !! I've attachéd one too. 

I do actually have a Ewan but havent used it that way. Good idea - I've not put anything in the Moses basket with her though as im a bit worried too. Is your little one in her cot? That said, im a total rule breaker as I do put her down on her stomach...she's got reflux and i windy so j find it helps !

• Options

She's beautiful coxy. I'm a total rule braker aswell coxy. My little one sleeps on her side. And also a pillow under her head as she falls asleep on her milk and doesn't get wind up and on some occasions goes sick. I stick ewan the sheep's tail around the handle of the moses basket and he's wedged in the handle xxx

• Options

Oh I see - good idea I will have a go at that ! I do side sleeping too when she's napping in the day. Anything but back sleeping really as she just doesn't seem comfortable at all on it ! And she's sick. Don't blame her, I wouldn't be comfortable either. My HV said it was 'dangerous'. Really don't think that's true, I spent hours and hours reading about sids and there are so many factors at play. Not just position. 

• Options

image Gorgeous pics. Can't believe Olivia is 9 weeks old already,time has definitely flown by. We have our jabs next week, not looking forward to that at all. How has your babies been with them? 

• Options

Mya was fine with her jabs- she just slept loads after them and didn't want to feed much through the night but by the morning she was back to normal apart from the big bump from her meningitis b jab. Just have calpol on hand.

myas reflux has settled well and I have weaned her off her medication which is great and it was a nightmare getting her to take it. breastfeeding is going well and don't think it'll be stopping any time soon and she is refusing to let a bottle anywhere near her mouth lol. 

Ewan the sheep is amazing!! Mya loves it and it settles her all the time, I use it everywhere lol

glad to hear everyone is doing well, they are all getting so big! Mya is 11 weeks today!

xx

• Options

Wow Emma, it seems like last week you were super overdue, and all of a sudden Mya is 11 weeks old! Great news she's off the meds now too. 

• Options

Hi everyone, we hope you're all really well. We we're wondering for those of you with more than one child, when it's one of your children's birthday, do you buy their sibling a gift so they don't feel left out? Please do come and let us know over on THIS NEW THREAD! 

• Options

I've been to the doctors today as the gaviscon hasn't sorted the reflux. she still cries and won't take her whole feed. Have been given prescription milk as they think she has a cows milk protein allergy. It'S called Nutramigen. Really hope it works, horrible to see her crying through feeds. 

• Options

Some of these posts are really upsetting to read, bringing back memories of my first born with the horrendous colic 😫 Luckily, Heidi has been great and its made life much easier 😂 

• Options

Coxy, I totally feel for you - my second had colic, and all I can say is, living it is SO hard, but it will pass. 

• Options

I just feel bad for her. so far no crying with the new milk though, and last night she slept 10.30 til 7. bless her !

• Options

Coxy mine had to have a change of milk due to allergy and she's so much better and settled on it. (Similac Alimentum) the protein is broken down a lot in it. Same as nutramigen I'm glad your little one is better now it's awful seeing them in pain xxx

• Options

It seems to be fairly common! I'm quite surprised. She seems happier anf less windy on this one. she did fuss a bit over abottle earlier, but she was tired so could have been that. Also I've read it takes 48 hours at least to work - how soon did you notice a difference Bet124? 

im startingnto wonder if feeds every 3 hours is too much?!. When I let her sleep this morning she went 4.5 hours before wanting it. She's 8 weeks - what do other formula feeders do?? 

• Options

She was more settled quite soon maybe a day or two. It took her a few feeds to get used to it. On cow and gate that she was on before she used to arch her back in pain after feeds and during feeding. But she's soo good now! She was projectile vomitting after every feeds. Now she only has a little sick up maybe 3 times a week.The rash took about a week to clear. The blood in her poo went after a day. She took about 4 days to get settled into her feeds. She used to go about 4 hours at first and sometimes she would Feed every hour but now she feeds every four hours and  takes 5 ounce bottles :) xxx

• Options

Aw that's brill. im On day 2 now and she's had a couple of fussy feeds still - not as bad but last feed she only took 3.5Oz. That said, sometimes I think she's just not that hungry after only 3 hours?!. I just want to make sure she has enough milk in the day to sleep through!! Hopefully ins couple of days she will take every feed well then. i tried her without gaviscon earlier but she was sick a lot. The nutrigamen  quote watery isn't it?!.