Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

May 16 Babies

Replies

• Options

Can you ladies tell me how much milk your baby takes per feed and how often they feed during the day/night. My girls started only taking an ounce or two per feed, shes six weeks and isn't gaining weight :( she's a baby baby and I feed on demands and offer her 4 ounces each time I feed her. Feel so helpless :(

• Options

Thats meant to say happy baby lol 

• Options

My baby feeds every 4 hours roughly and takes up to 5oz a time. shes 5 weeks old. 

That doesn't sound like very much, is she just snacking and having little and often?

• Options

She feeds about every two hours, but she won't go any longer than that usually.  I just wish shed take more :( I don't know what to do, it's not like I can force a bottle in her mouth :( x

• Options

I track her feeds now. So far since midnight I have managed to give her 16oz... 

She has lots of wet nappies and poos between 1 and two times in 24 hours. 

• Options

Based on the nappies she's obviously getting enough. Can you drag the time out between feeds so she might take a bit more? 

I think my baby usually takes about 23-26Oz per 24 hours. 

• Options

She screams and screams if I try to drag it out. But she's perked up now and in the last 2 and a half hours she's had 4oz :) so by 12 tonight which will be 24 hours since I tracked it she should hopefully have about 24oz which is about right I think! X

• Options

My little one is taking 5oz every 3-4 hours in the day. Takes most of the bottle each time. Her last feed is usually between 10-11pm and she only wakes up about 4am for her next feed so goes a good 5-6 hours at night. She is a big baby though so may be that's why she takes most of the feed each time. She is just over 5 weeks old. We've had a stressful few days toilet training my eldest, she will be 4 on Tuesday and has had an irrational fear of the toilet since she was 2, after suffering with water infections and associating it with being in pain. Finally cracked it these last few days! She's done 4 days of weeing on the toilet! I feel like shouting it from the roof tops I'm that relieved and over the moon :)

• Options

imageimage

Making funny faces at mommy lol will be 10 weeks Wed! Man how time flies!💗

• Options

awwww he's adorable!!

• Options

imageimage

• Options

Lovely photos! 

Is anyone having a go at self soothing? My baby refuses to sleep on her own if I put her down awake. I feel a lot of pressure  lie her down awake but it doesn't work, she is then wide awake? I think 6 weeks is a bit young for it but wondered if anyone else had tried. In the daytime I can barely put her down wheb she's asleep as she wakes up and then it messes with her naps!! 

• Options

Mya has never went to sleep when I've put her down awake- she would just cry. I generally feed her to sleep or she'll go over if she's walked about. 

Shes still so young and I'm happy enough no I'm trying not to feel pressurised to have her in a routeine and for her to self soothe. You should read up on attachment parenting. we know our own babies - each one is unique and our instincts will tell us what is best for them- trust your instincts x

• Options

Heidi hasn't lost any of her hair! 😍 She's such a happy girl, it's great being able to enjoy these prescious moments that I couldn't with my first because of her colic. Couldn't imagine life without her now, she's completed our little family :) xx

• Options

Well Shellington, if that isn't just the most incredible pic of Heidi - and YAY she kept her hair!!! So glad you escaped the dreaded colic too - so lucky! Gorgeous babygrow too. 

• Options

image Shellington she's gorgeous and look at all that hair. I love this little face with her smiles and she has started being very vocal. Learning her different crys has been interesting. We can definitely tell the difference between a feed me cry and a cry for attention :D 

• Options

Hi everyone, do you have children aged 4 to 11? If so, we’re running a school uniform product test and are looking for children to take part. To enter to be a tester, all you have to do is post on THIS THREAD the age of your child and whether you have a boy or girl. 

You’d get to keep all the uniform you’re sent, and there’s a chance to win a lovely gift voucher too, so it’s win, win! 

Please do come and check out the product test on THIS THREAD so you know what it’s all about. 

• Options

Hi everyone, there are two things we’re talking about on the forum today.

The first is, do you think smoking should be banned in playgrounds and parks? That’s over on this thread HERE!

The other thing we’re talking about are these lyrics to a song (see pic), a child was sent home with to learn for their school production which really poke fun at parent’s evening… do you think this sends kids the wrong the message? Please do check out this thread, over HERE!

Thank you!  

• Options

Hi everyone, 

We wanted to let you know about our brand new MadeForMums Toys, where children rate and review toys on video. And some of these children might even belong to you!

Please do come and check out the videos, we would REALLY appreciate any comments you have - good or bad!  

You can post comments on our YouTube channel, or please head over to this THREAD - we truly would love to hear what you think. Thank you so much! 

• Options

Hi Coxy1985, did you have a go at the self-soothing in the end? 

EmmaR2608, how's the reflux going? And did your mastitis clear up? 

Shellington, did you make any progress with the constipation? 

Bet124, how is Emellia doing? Did you manage to get her back on the boob or is she on special formula now? 

Hi everyone else too, how are you and your babies coping on this scorching day? Are they taking extra feeds due to the heat or are you finding their feeding is the same? 

We're running a thread about how big your baby was at birth, and whether they were bigger or smaller than you were told to expect. Read all about it over here on THIS thread. We'd love to hear how your baby measured up.