Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

September 2017 Babies

Replies

• Options

imageimage

Hi am new to this one I wasnt due till Halloween 👻 but  ended up in emergency Caesarean on the 9th September (8weeks earl) to a little girl weighing only 3lb 7oz we are home now af 3 weeks in hospital and 12 days on special care she's now 4lb 9oz 

• Options

Hi everyone, the boys are doing very well. They are 12 weeks today (4 weeks corrected age).. They had their first developmental appt yesterday and all going well. They finally are nice weights - Georgie is 8lbs 8 and Teddy is 8lbs15. Bless their hearts. 

Hope you are all well xxx

• Options

Congrats Nats28 she's gorgeous! 

Wow chelseajojo, 12 weeks already?! They're so cute. 

imageNellie has started smiling the last week 😍! And she only woke once last night which felt amazing. She's currently mouth drops as she has oral thrush but theyre helping. She is 5 Weeks old and weighed 10lb 5oz last week (chubby chops). 

Weve got a wedding this weekend which is 3 hours from home... packing is going to be fun for a 2 night stay! Xx

• Options

Welcome Nats28, your little girl is gorgeous and looking so healthy too! What's her name and how are you finding be home after being in hospital for so long? 

Chelseajoj, your boys are looking fantastic - how are you coping you juggling two? 

Katie93, so lovely to hear from you and see Nellie - those first smiles are the best aren't they! Pack everything and more for the weekend - who is getting married? 

• Options

thank you Katie and enjoy the wedding  and Danielle she's called Georgina Elizabeth and it's so much nicer being home and being in my own bed it was scary at first with not having all the nurses around or watching a  Machine to no she's still breathing she's still  jaundice but is under the treatment level x

• Options

You know Nats28, your posts about being home and not having the machinery totally made us think of this thread - you might find it helpful. 

• Options

Is anyone on here breastfeeding? I've been having a difficult time of it and max isn't putting on weight very quickly, we're at 7lb9oz (bw was 7lb2oz) at 7 weeks, he consistently puts on but small amounts. No one seems concerned as he's tracking the bottom centile but i just wondered if anyone else was having slow weight gain? some days I think it's more hassle than it's worth! He's being topped up now with formula each feed but he's still only gaining small amounts x

• Options

Hi everyone sorry not been in much my little man Bobby now 1 month old going so fast image

• Options

Gorgeous Babies!!! 

I know I said after the labour I wouldnt do it again but I'm ready now! Who is with me? 😂 Joking about the now bit.....maybe when Bella is one I might start trying again. 

Frankie86..... Just so you have a comparison. Obviously every baby is different. Bella is bottle fed. She was born 7.3lb. She was 4 weeks old yesterday. I had her weighed at 3 weeks and she was 8.8lb. So guessing she will be around 8.13lbs now. Bella is on 4oz every 3-4 hours and she goes 6 hours at night time. I've only ever Done one night feed since she came home. How many oz of Formula are you topping little man up with? If the professionals aren't concerned then Keep just keep persisting with it. 

Heres Bella Today meeting some new pals. She wasn't impressed 😂

• Options

Thanks babyboom, it's good to know how other people are getting on, he's feedihg every 2 1/2-3 hours and I offer 3oz he sometimes has 2oz from that or the full 3. I don't top up in the middle of the night feed and he sleeps up to 4-5 hours at night sometimes less but settles back down ok after his feed. It's so difficult to know what to do for the best, I feel like the stress of it all outweighs the benefits sometimes! He's quite a content baby and very alert x

• Options

I’m breastfeeding and the first 8 weeks are the worst/hardest, my little one is 5 weeks now and its Starting to get easier Ish. If you want to breastfeed stick with it, it will get easier and in the long run is so much more convenient when out and about etc (my first 2 were bottle fed and my 3rd and now 4🔌th breastfed) I didn’t realise about wonder weeks and growth spurts and cluster feeding etc with the first two and found it very tough so switched to bottles but for number 3 I joined some Facebook breastfeeding groups and it just reassured me when the going got tough 

I wouldn’t worry about the weight gain if health visitor etc aren’t worried, some babies just dont gain quickly and if he’s following the line Then that’s what they look for I think 

• Options

thanks bsby04 some days it's easy and I'm ok and others it's horrible! Glad to hear it gets better after 8 weeks, I think I'll persevere til his next weigh in at least to see how he's getting on! I think it's made it a little worwe because we introduced a bottle:/ although it wasn't perfect before lol! I'm going to a breastfeeding support this week, hoping that helps! X

• Options

Good news you're getting some breastfeeding support Frankie86 - breastfeeding can be really tough, so we're really pleased you're getting some help. 

• Options

Hi everyone, how are you all doing? We'd love to hear from you and know how you're getting on.

We also wanted to let you know about two new threads. 

When you had your baby, did your partner sleep in a different room to you and the baby, and if so why? We'd love to hear from you on this thread here. 

Also, do you receive our Monday newsletter emails? If so, please come and share your thoughts on them, and we're offering a prize for your feedback on this thread here. 

• Options

Testers needed! 
    Hello! We just wanted to let you know about this new product test for the Rockit Rocker- you can read more about it on this thread and also sign up to try and test it too.  

• Options

hey, how you all doing & the gorgeous babies? 

Nellie had her jabs today, she was so brave 💗

image Still smiley as ever after 😍 Had her 3 doses of calpol and she seems ok. 

We are off to Newcastle this weekend (4 hour drive🙈) to see our honeymoon friends who have 4 month old triplets.

xx

• Options

Hi Ladies, 

It's soo lovely to see everyone's little ones - they're all so cute! 

I went 13 days overdue and gave birth to Georgie on 30/09/2017. He weighed 8 pounds, 11 ounces.

I can't believe he's 5 weeks old already! 

We've had a tough time of it recently, he's got quite severe silent reflux which he has just started to be medicated for! Has anyone else's little one's been diagnosed with this? (I really hope not because it's awful seeing him in so much pain!) I'm hoping the medication starts to work soon and we see an improvement! 

Here's a picture of my beautiful little boy! <3 

• Options

Max had been struggling at night and was screaming and it sounded like he was constantly swallowing and pulling faces like he had a nasty taste in his mouth! Also frequent hiccups after feeds and pain, drawing his knees up but managing to clear his wind. So he started on ranitidine 3 days ago and it seems to be helping much more settled and less pain/ crying!! X

• Options

Hiya ladies,

hope you are all well. Lovely photos of your little ones :)

My boys are doing really well. Teddy now weighs 10lbs5 and Georgie 9lbs10. They are 3 months old now and doing very very well considering they were 32 weekers.

Georgie on the left Teddy on the right

• Options

Aww so lovely to see all the bubbas growing nicely! I know the first year goes so quickly but I’m still shocked some days that She’s actually here and nearly 8 weeks old!! 

Hope your little ones start feeling better now they are on medication Emma & frankie 💕

my second was badly cockily but never diagnosed with reflux.. but was put on baby gaviscon to help which it did xx

my little chubba was exactly 8lb at birth she was weighed at her 6 week check last week weighing in at a healthy 11lb 2oz’s now 😍