Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Rainbow Babies 🌈👶

Replies

• Options

I have a little bit of advice mummytolilyandharry  not sure it’s revolutionary.

i know you said it was like this before Harry but ttc, pregnancy and then a new baby really does take their toll on you both. You’ll be tired, easily aggrivated and anything you both do will feel magnified by 100 to annoy you both. 

You genuinely need a day or a night out (or in) together, without children, without phones, without work or housework etc because it’s hard and you need to talk, laugh, go over good memories and remember why you’re together in the first place. 

Please don’t panic or do anything rash because a lot of couples go through this when they have a young baby or toddler because sometimes it feels your doing everything on your own anyway.

find a tv series you both like and look forward to watching together, even if it’s the only 45 minutes you get to chill begore bed etc.

and, don’t keep going over the past because you’ve both grown since that stupid mistake he made when you had lily! Although it was mega, mega stupid!!!

i hope I’ve not gone on.., but relationships are hard work, there’s nothing easy about them!!!

xxx

• Options

Sending you a big hug.xxx 

• Options

Oh and the last one is, just accept that men are so much lazier than women!!!😜😜 it stops it from annoying you quite so much!!xxx

• Options

Awww mummytolilly&harry what a hard situation it must be so difficult with everything youve been through it’s  no wonder things are tough especially with A history with messaging other girls and if it’s happened again

i would suggest starting over to A degree maybe date nights and remember you as a couple before being parents and having these responsibilities and stresses 

I hope you can resolve it but just remember that being a happy family whichever way it turns out is whats important 

• Options

Mummytolilyandharry she was 5lb 13 but dropped to 5lb 6 I think it was before going back up again. She's completely caught up, on the 50th centile now and everything (not that the centiles matter - got myself so worked up over them far too many times for nothing!). We would like another but would like the same sort of age gap that you have. We are 28 now and I'd definitely like a second by 35 i think but preferably the age gap you have. Can't believe how much Harry has grown. Hallie is a short arse and doesn't move when sleeping so still fits in her moses basket but we really need to move her to her cot soon. It's in her own room though and won't fit in our room and I'm not quite ready to let go yet! She's 6 months on Saturday!!!

Also in relation to your post tonight, I'm so sorry you're feeling like this but I agree with emj3. Has he been messaging girls this time too or was that just after Lily? If this time too then I do think you need to speak to him about it. As hard as it is try not to fly off the handle as that'll cause a row before you get your answers and I'm sure you want 4i hear what he has to say.

Try and take some time out for you both and do a date night, even if it's a date night in and see if you can rekindle the romance. It might take a while but I'm sure it'll come back.

Sending lots of love xx

• Options

MummytoL+H I'm sorry I can't offer any advice but just wanted you to know I totally understand where you're coming from. If you've told him how you're feeling I would hope he bucks his ideas up a bit and pays you more attention and is willing to put some work in to prove to you how he feels!

Hubby is in the bad books in our house. I can't remember if I said but he was away out for a leaving night last and promised he would be home by midnight (I'm still really nervous being alone with Eve). He stumbled in the door at 2am, tried to lift Eve (no chance in his state!) then went upstairs and puked everywhere. Of course I had to clean it up because he only made it worse. Today he's felt sorry for himself all day so we had a girls day and went to visit my mum! I wonder how they'd react if we after the same way they do? 

• Options

Mummytolily so sorry you are having a tough time with oh.  EMJ - so well said your comments.  The way I see it is, men are so fickle and he might feel he isn’t getting as much attention as he wants, especially if you are busy looking after 2 little ones!! Maybe he needs some ego stroking?!  It absolutely doesn’t take away from what he is doing/done, but most men can’t settle into normal life and need excitement and attention unfortunately.... I hope you get things sorted out, and remember you are doing an amazing job of being a mum 😁

We have had a bit of a crappy week.  Both me and Amelie have had D&V - her first, then me and then her again 😔 been really difficult!!  I will try and get her weighed later in the week, but have such worry over her being underweight anyway, she still hasn’t made it to 13lb yet and is almost 6 months old.....Dairy allergy has made it so much tougher as the lactose free formula is disgusting, and she won’t drink it at all.  So with both of us being so ill, it has been a nightmare to get anything in her or to stay in 😔

My Aunty has been diagnosed with Cancer, she is one of few relatives I get on/care about.  We expected it for a few weeks, but had it finally confirmed today and an upcoming treatment plan.  I will see her later in the week, but she lives an hour away from me, and once she starts treatment, we won’t be able to visit due to her immune difficulties linked to Chemo and Amelie’s MRSA 😔 She is too far away at the mo for me to leave Amelie and go see her without her.

Last grumble, had a massive row with my friend that I am meant to be going to Paris with, she was super mean and nasty about me not making and effort because I said I couldn’t afford to go to Moulin Rouge.  I am now not goin to paris or talking to her - we have been best friends for 33 years!

so that’s my week 🎉

MrsB love the outfits, so cute!!  

• Options

Mrs fish how awful of your (ex) friend! She sounds a bit like she's all 'Me me me'. If you want to make up then I do hope you sort things out and if not then good on you as to be honest you don't need people like that in your life.

Don't worry about Amelie and her weight. All babies are different, although I do get it. She's clearly thriving and is a happy baby and that's the key thing. If the professionals are worried they'll soon put something in place but in the meantime try not to worry. I really hope you're both feeling a bit better now 😘 I have my own issues with weight too...

Basically I've always been wary of my own weight for a long time. It's silly really because I'm not a big girl. Far from it, I'm only a size 10. Anyway about 10 years ago I was in a bad place and just stopped eating. At first it was just because I felt sick all the time and Mike and I weren't in a happy place (we've been together since just before I turned 17 with 1 short and one 3 month breakup right in the first year or so) but anyway then it stared to become a control thing. It was only when Mike broke up with me (the short break up) and said he'd only get back with me if I started eating and put on the weight again that I started eating again. A risky move from him but it worked!

I've never fallen back into that spiral but I get very very anxious when I put on weight and go over a certain weight on the scales. I still want to lose weight now but at the same time I'm a lot more comfortable now so not as obsessive over it and most of the time I just enjoy treats etc and don't get upset although I have my break down moments! 

Anyway, I do have a point to this story I promise! So basically as you know Hallie was born tiny. Anyway, she's done so well as you know and is now 16lb 5! She's on the 50th centile and has maintained this from around 12-16 weeks or so (can't remember exactly when and not got the red book to hand). Anyway I'm paranoid that I over fed her at the start as she jumped so much even though the HV assure me that as she's stayed on the 50th since getting there it's obviously just where she was meant to be and that's why there was the jump as she was tiny. I'm also paranoid of overfeeding her now and making her fat which is ridiculous. She's chubby anyway and it's absolutely adorable with it but I always have this niggling fear of making her fat. I think it's due to my own body hang ups. 

So basically, even though it's completely different I get how weight can be a worry. My worries are 100% different but it also just shows how each baby is different as Hallie was once so small and now is on the 50th so please don't worry about her size Mrs fish. It sounds like she's maintained her small size for a while now so maybe that's just where she is meant to be.

I'd just like to point out I feed Hallie on demand and feed her the correct amounts! I'd never not feed her, I'm not a bad mum lol. It's all in my head but I'd never not feed her due to my stupid thoughts about over feeding her or her putting on too much weight!

I really hope that doesn't make me sound like a bad mum!

• Options

Lisl thank you for being so honest about your struggles with weight.  I think my worries stem from my MIL insinuating that she isn’t getting enough milk from me - so am super paranoid about it, most annoyingly Dave’s son was also very skinny and underweight as well as short (Millie is 75th for length) so am pretty sure it’s genetic, but being that I am fairly big and my son was on 90th centile and she was big  when I was pg and delivered, it does make me worry that she isn’t getting enough from me.

I also think she is going to be a fussy eater like her Dad, as she won’t eat any veg at all!! Gags and spits it out, but loves fruit 😬  when I was pg I couldnt eat veg either would gag on them, somwonder if that’s connected?  Weaning is super hard due to the dairy issue, as so many things she cant have - she can’t just eat sweet stuff 😔

• Options

Also Hallie is the most gorgeous smiley girl, who is perfect.  We all know how loved she is and how well you look after her xx 

• Options

It sound genetic to me! Just ignore the MIL - they do like to stick the nose in too much sometimes!

Hallie has had baby rice once a day for 3 days now. She didnt eat much on Saturday or Sunday but ate more today. She kept opening her mouth for more but then would gag and pull a funny face when I put it in 🤦‍♀️

We tried carrot last week and her reaction sounds exactly the same. She was pulling away, turning her head, gagging, spitting it out, throwing her head to the side.. the list goes on! I think we are going to have sweet toothed one too!

• Options

And thank you. As is Millie 😘

• Options

Sorry totally off topic ladies, but I'm now 2 weeks post partum and I keep getting odd sensations in my belly and wondered if anyone could confirm if it's 'normal'. It's almost a tickly/tingly sensation right across the middle of my belly and it's weirding me out a little! I'm hoping it's to do with everything shrinking back down a bit!

• Options

Thank you so much everyone you’ve all made me feel better! But no hsent done anything so stupid like that again and we were in a really bad place when done it! 

emj you’ve really helped me with your advice thank you so much ❤️ 

Mrs b picking up baby drunk is a big no no! If only we didn’t all think we were invincible when drunk 😂 I hope he’s apologised! They definitely couldn’t handle it if it was us stumbles in in the early hours!

Mrs fish  wow your friend (if you can even call her that) sounds like a spoilt brat! I don’t blame you for not going, I do hope you sort things out as it would be such a shame to throw away a friendship that’s lasted that long but only on the conditions that she apologises and doesn’t do anything like that again! I’m so sorry to hear about your auntie I really hope the treatment is quite straight forward and she makes a speedy recovery sending you & your family big hugs xx Millie is perfect don’t listen to mil! If she was hungry she’d Soon let you know 😂 i bet she’ll always be naturally slim! My friend has a little girl whose about 2 months older than lily and she’s always been tiny she’s quite tall but so slim whenever ive picked her up I can’t believe how light she is she could probably still fit into 18-24 months everything except for length and she‘s So healthy there’s not one thing wrong with her it’s just how she’s naturally built! Theyre the girls that everyone’s gunna envy when they’re older able to eat everything they want and not gain a pound 😂 

Lisil you do not sound like a bad mum at all! I’ve also always struggled with my weight at normal im a size 12 but I’ve just ordered a size 16 pair of jeans and I’m not even 100% sure they’re going to fit yet 😞 and I’m excatly the same with lily as you’re with Hallie, I don’t think you should worry to much whilst she’s still having formula, it’s when they start Eating food all the time you have to worry and keep an eye out! Lily had an ice cream after school today as there was a van there just as a treat and then oh went to give her another one after dinner not knowing sheNd already had one luckily before he opened it I had told him she had already had one and she was gutted thinking she was lucky enough to have two in one day 😂 but this afternoon she was like I have a lovely body and when she was moaning wanting that second ice cream I said to her remember you have a lovely body you want to keep it that way! I’ve made sure to teach her that healthy things we can eat lots And lots of but unhealthy things we can just have a little bit, sometimes she’ll ask is this healthy and I’ll say no and she says just a little bit then it’s safe to say she had an apple after dinner 😂 I just don’t want her to ever be bullied about her weight, I want her to know that treats are just that - treats they are not an everyday thing, luckily enough she completely understands that, she doesn’t over eat at all she knows when she’s had enough and doesn’t carry on eating for the sake of it! However if she wants a pudding (usually a yoghurt) she has to eat all her veg/salad! She’s never really been a massive eater anyway, about 2 years ago she was obsessed with cows milk out out of a baby bottle she was having about 4 bottles a day!! With her being my first I just thought it was fine she wasn’t really eating much like she doesn’t anyway and I noticed she was putting on weight so quickly and I was so confused as she wasn’t over eating! Then I realised ahe was having over 800cals in milk a day!!! I reduced it to one bottle at night and she soon slimmed back down again! I’ve never denied her anything and I don’t tell her anything is ‘bad’ food just that there are some food better than others! 

Sorry for rambling on 😂 

fhabks everyone again for advice on my last post you’ve all been So helpful I’m so grateful to have you all! 

• Options

It’s so important to teach children healthy eating! Sounds like you are doing an amazing job MummytoL&H - both me and my son have real issues with food - we both have a diagnosis of ADHD neither of us really take meds as we aren’t keen on the side effects so tend to self medicate with food and caffeine - I exercise too (he smokes stuff he shouldn’t)  I am around a size 18 and struggle to stay there - at best I have been a 12/14 but find it super hard to maintain that as feel like I am on a diet all the time......

my boy is average, he is a 32 waisted which is perfect, can sneak up to a 34 if he binges a lot. I stress at him about becoming overweight having spent my entire life struggling with my weight, I don’t want him too.....With the ADHD food rewards the brain, releases endorphins asuch.  But it’s hard to remember oh Inhave already eaten xyz or be organised with meal planning etc.

mummytoL&H why don’t you see if your mum will have Harry one day and take OH out for lunch whilst lily is at school?

MrsB, must have missed the post about oh picking up Evie drunk 😳 I think I remember feeling a bit funny inside with uterus shrinking back - could you call midwife/HV/GP and just get it checked out - it’s a delicate time inside post delivery so always better to be safe then sorry xx 

• Options

Mrs b I agree with Mrs fish - best to be checked out but also try not to worry as it's probably just everything shrinking back.

Mrs fish I must have missed the bit about your Auntie being ill. I'm so sorry and hope the treatment I successful 🤞

Thank you everyone for your comments and advice. I really appreciate it. Mummytolilyandharry it sounds like your attitude towards food and Lily is perfect. I need to be like you when Hallie is bigger!

• Options

I applaud you girls with the healthy eating too many parents shut there kids up with food rather than actually doing something with them, I will definetly be following you guys when I get there 

you all have beautiful babies and they are all perfect and growing healthy all babies develop quickly and when they start walking and burning off calories everything will fall into shape 

for those who don’t like veg what about sweet potatoe or something to sweeten up the veg a bit obviously they aren’t allowed honey but could something else do it then wen them off of it by adding less??? 

• Options

He appears apologised for being so drunk and claims that's him off drink for the foreseeable - we shall see! He doesn't really drink often and I think I've had maybe 2 glasses of wine since we got married a year past April!

I totally get the worries about weight. I've always been pretty fat since about 14. I was a size 18/20 when I fell pregnant and I'm over the moon to be fitting into size 16/18 now - I'm hoping to get another stone off before we go to the US. Eve's weight does worry me a bit and she's so greedy for milk -- she was a ''big baby' although shes very long and lean. A lot of his family are that stereotypical fat American (think XXXL+) and I don't want her going that way. Hubby is a 32/34 waist so not that big but it's still a fear.

MrsRees sweet potato is a good idea. I'm sure I've seen baby foods where it's mixed with butternut squash and some apple. I know it's more fruit but it might be worth it to get some veggies in? Also parsnips are my fave and naturally quite sweet :)

• Options

We’ve tried sweet potato and corgette, seeet potato and carrot and carrot and swede, all been poo poo’d I am giving it a bit of a rest for a few days as she brought up all her food again yesterday (first solids after sickness bug) but I have read to alternate the flavours, a spoon of sweet and then savoury, so might try that.

I weighed this morning and lost 1/2 stone with the D+V so hopefully can keep it off 😜

I have ranged from a 12-24 in adult life, hoping to get down to the lower range.  I understand myself so much better now mentally that I feel it will have to be a big thing that sends me back to binge eating - I am more into breathing tecniques now (sound like a hippy, but it seriously works for me) 

xx

• Options

Watching her mobile whilst I was putting the washing away - she loved it!! 

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions