Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

January 2019 Babies

Replies

• Options

Sounds like Colic bandaid... You must be exhausted. 😔 Have you tried gripe water and the likes for the wind? 

• Options

Definitely sounds like colic. We used infacol which is great for breaking wind but it did make him constipated. Gripe water is a hit or a miss for us 

• Options

I think she’s too young for gripe. I haven’t tried infacol. She does did eventually settle and then has two good aleeps of 3 hours. Poor thing is just in so much pain until then ☹️

• Options

Theres also colief and dentinox colic drops too. You have to give them around 3 days to get into their system xx

• Options

Emily is hard work between 7pm and 11pm, my poor husband can't settle her at all. My health visitor said this is normal. 

Doesn't bloody feel it though! 

She is getting more and more alert though which is lovely :-) 

• Options

We have tried everything over the counter for colic and ended up back using infacol. Gripe water can only be used after 4 weeks. Health visitor just advised us to ensure we keep winding frequently through the day. Logans colic seems to be a bit better now, only cries for about an hour at night now. Hot bath maybe? 

• Options

Ah not just us then! I feel for you all! Its so horrible hearing them crying. Jdoo we did a bath last night and some massage to no avail. It’s only been the last 3 nights so far. We wind after every feed and she’s very good at bringing  it up! we Will just persevere with what we are doing.

in terms of infacol are you giving  His at every feed? 

• Options

Bandaid yeh giving it at every feed and now he's about older we are giving the double dose. It does take a couple of days to make a difference. Wev found Logan seems to settle better when he's up on our shoulder and he sometimes burps himself up there too. 

Hope you get on a bit better soon, we are hoping it's going to change at the magic 8 week mark, fingers crossed! 

• Options

Try wind her a few times during a feed, don't wait till the end.. Thankfully Brodie hardly ever cries, she's pretty content. 

The health visitor said to me that every baby she has seen recently has had colic so seems to be rife! I haven't had to use anything but I remember infacol being rubbish for Kendall when she was a baby .I used crystal stuff instead?! Can't remember the name though. 

• Options

We burp her half way through a feed and at the end. Poor love she has to contend with a strong let down and quite often gets sprayed in the face 😂😂 going to try a breast feeding clinic next week to see it maybe we can adjust her latch to stop her taking in as much air! It’s only started the last 3 days. We thought she was a none cryer before then! Thanks for all the advice! Will let you know how we get on 

• Options

What a wee shame! Let us know how you get on x

• Options

Hello ladies, just catching up with the chat what lovely little babies you all have. Congratulations Zoe she’s a doll!! 

Althougah this is not my first I feel so lost in it. Those periods of nothing but screams and nothing seems to sooth her or the hours of being awake and only wants to be held. I cant eat because I’m feeding or holding her, simply things like preparing a meal or geting dressed is over. My husband comes in from work and maybe hold her for ten minutes then he off to do other things or sleep. Going back to work soon and I’m not ready things are a lot harder then I expected but there are good days but it’s hard to put it in words. I know it’s all worth it and I’d do it all over again. 

• Options

Aw dee2dee I know it sounds weird but I'm glad to hear you say stuff like that. Reassures me that it's not just me that's feeling like this. It is so hard listening to them scream and not being able to console them but then Logan smiles and I melt 

• Options

I can third that. It’s so reassuring hearing other people are struggling like us. We are sort of lucky in that Arden doesn’t cry too much but he does not sleep. He will literally be awake for 6 hours at a time, he doesn’t seem to need much sleep at all, day or night. He’ll just lay awake and jabber away to himself just loud enough to stop us from sleeping. I didn’t think babies were capable of this. Not to mention he’s getting gradually worse at breaking his wind and infacol is making him super constipated. This parenting thing is hard but theyre not babies forever 💙

• Options

Chech Logan is exactly the same just lies there babbling and stretching out constantly. I'm such a light sleeper as well. I'm trying a lavender spray that one of the mum's at my wee group told me about but doesn't seem to make much difference. He only sleeps longer than 30minutes when he is being cuddled and can sleep up to 4 hours when he is which is frustrating! 

• Options

Arden will only sleep when it suits him. getting Him to sleep at night can be anywhere between 1am and 4am but then he’ll sleep for 4 hours or until his next feed is due. It’s so annoying because people are like “oh you’ve spoiled him, you must let him sleep all day”. Well nah Cos he doesn’t get to sleep on us and he’s awake all day too so they’re wrong. 

im looking forward to going to groups with him. Can’t drive post c section until next week. Have signed him up for Rythym time starting in April Cos he loves music.

Found out during the week that the reason I was kept in hospital for 5 days was I had sepsis! 

• Options

Oh wow that must have been scary. Hope you are recovering well. Thankfully I'm walking distance from the wee group I take Logan so have been going since he was 2 weeks old. Needed to get out the house for my own sanity. It's peeps we go to which is like baby sensory, also did baby massage too. He's only just starting to take an interest but I'm loving seeing his development each week. 

I will put Logan down but he has usually fell asleep on me, purely cos I'm keeping him upright after a feed for his reflux

• Options

I didn’t even know until I got a letter about Arden saying they were happy He hasn’t contracted it, just me.

we have a lady coming to teach us baby massage on Thursday I’m looking Forward to it. 

Mostly Arden will fall asleep on one of us but we put him straight down because we didn’t want him to get too used to it, there’s no winning with this kid he really does do what he wants 🤣

• Options

Brodie is like Arden I think. She is awake between 10pm and 3am every night then sleeps for about 4 hours. She just makes wee noises and isn't upset but she's got day and night mixed up. She does sleep through the day however but I find it I try keep her up then ... She gets cranky and sleeps less at nights. My friend said her baby rectified this herself when she was about 8 weeks so hoping she will be the same!

Dee I really feel for you. My first daughter was like that and I found simple things like getting dressed to be a nightmare. Plus I was a single parent then... She came out of it pretty early though and became the most amazing sleeper you could imagine. So hopefully your wee one is the same. It is incredibly hard going but you're not alone. You must be exhausted . 

• Options

Hey ladies, just catching up! 

This parent thing is much more tiring than I ever thought but they are so, so worth it! 

Evie has been sleeping through the night the past 3/4 nights and just waking for her feeds, being winded and then going back to sleep but we do have that period at about 9/10pm where she literally screams for no apparent reason For a good hour or so and we can’t seem to settle her u tip her next bottle! 

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions