Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

February 2019 Babies

Replies

• Options
    @MrsTK :The baby carrier has been given by my sister, she used it for my niece who is now 14!:smile:

I think it's this one here. It's not cheap but I'm sure there are cheaper ones which are as good or perhaps you can get a second hand one? I'm thinking if I have another child then it's worth it. Only thing is I think the little one is now used to it  :/

He's been poorly since last night, I thought he had colic as he was having screaming sessions for an hour at the same time for a few days now (around 7pm) and infacol seemed to work instantly but he now has mucus on the back of his throat, poor thing. No need to say we didn't get much sleep...He was uncomfortable sleeping in his Moses basket on his back even though I elevated the head a bit. 

He slept in my arms or in the carrier and is now doing the same. He seems to eat less but perhaps often (and falls asleep on the breast) and there's a lot of comfort sucking. It means I don't get any sleep and was crying this morning as I hate to see him like this. 

I gave him a bath in a steamy bathroom (I opened the hot tap before running his bath), used saline drops, and a nasal aspirator and he seems slightly better now but I dread the evening where it seems to get worse. His nose is fairly ok, although I get mucus out here once in a while with the nasal aspirator, but as I said it is mainly in his throat. 
    I read it can be common and can last weeks and no need to go to GP as he will tell me to do what I'm already doing  :s

Anyone having a baby with similar symptoms? Could the Infacol be the reason he is coughing and having mucus? Could it be reflux (he's breastfed)? Is it a cold? Should I contact my GP? 

@SmanfaX : I sincerely hope your little one gets better. Do you have any support? Can family and friends come to help you so you can get a bit of rest? You have to think about yourself too, you don't want to exhaust yourself. What does your health visitor say? 

• Options

Hi everyone. We have a question, on behalf of Shared Parental Leave where they’d like to know about the kind of childcare the dads do in your home (if there isn’t a dad around, you can totally say that too). There’s a £200 Amazon voucher up for grabs, so might be worth a shot! To enter, head to this thread.

• Options
    Hey ladies
    quick tmi question!
    so my pp bleeding had completely stopped for a week and now it seems to have started again but it bright red and heavier like an actual period. Emily is 5 weeks tomorrow so thought it was too early for my period as I’m breastfeeding - but my supply has also dropped massively which apparently happens when your period comes -
    anyone heard of periods returning so early?
  • Options
    Hi @MrsBeeL i didnt think that happened,my baby 7 weeks and i stopped pp bleed a week ago. With my other daughter i stopped my bkeed at 5 weeks pp and then didnt have a period until she was a year old. Im guessing everyone is different though. Id ask ypur gp or health visitor. I no ive heard milk supply does drop,is baby have less feeds at all x also jist so you no i have started a breastfeeding thread xx
  • Options
    MummyoffiveMummyoffive Regular
    edited Apr 1, 2019 9:35AM
  • Options
    HAPPY MOTHERS DAY everyone, hope you all have a great day. 
    This time last year I really didn't think I would be having my first mothers day. What a difference a year makes.  😊😍💓💓💓
  • Options
    How was your Mother's Day everyone? Did anyone get treated? 
  • Options
    Hi ladies. Hope you all had a lovely mothersday. I took all my first size baby clothes and any nappys etc that baby doesnt fit into anymore to a women and childrens shelter, where women go to either on there own,pregnant or with children in emergancy situations, so most of the time all they have is what they are wearing. I wanted to brighten up someone elses mothers day, then i went for a lovely meal with all mine. It felt lovely xx
  • Options

Hey guys, I need your help, I’m pregnant from 8 months ago and I am looking for a baby milestone app to edit my pregnancy pictures and baby milestones pics too.

• Options
    Qwe!1357 said:

Hey guys, I need your help, I’m pregnant from 8 months ago and I am looking for a baby milestone app to edit my pregnancy pictures and baby milestones pics too.

Hi @Qwe!1357 that's a great question actually - we'd love it you started a new thread with your question in, as we reckon there must be loads of apps people use. Let us know if you need any help doing that. 
    Quick announcement! We’ve a £200 Aldi voucher up for grabs. Just head to latest discussions to enter! 
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing this.
  • Options
    Hi everyone, how’s it all going? Do you have any nice plans for the Easter break? 
    We wanted to let you know about this sponsored discussion - Tell Aldi about your fave Easter recipes and you could win a £200 Aldi voucher. 
    You can find the thread here in Latest Discussions
  • Options
    I think everyone has gone quiet xx
  • Options
    Hi there,

Sorry I've gone a bit quiet. I think we are all hitting the demanding/exhausting 6-12 weeks old time :) 

Baby Jasper is growing well, still exclusively breastfeeding. He sleeps slightly better at night after a tough couple of weeks where he would sometimes be up every hour to feed.

He started to have winds a couple of days ago so I have started giving him Infacol to see if it helps. 

My only problem is daytime naps, he refuses to have them if not in the baby carrier  :(
    I tried to transfer him while drowsy, asleep, awake but nothing works. He goes in his cot fine at night so it's a bit frustrating. 

In the carrier means I can carry on with a few activities but not that many and not sure how good it is for his back (and mine!). Am I the only one having this problem? Should I persevere or risk giving him very bad habits? 

Hope you're all well and hang in there, they'll soon be 12 weeks when I've been told things get better. 

• Options
    Mary58 said:
    Hi there,

Sorry I've gone a bit quiet. I think we are all hitting the demanding/exhausting 6-12 weeks old time :) 

Baby Jasper is growing well, still exclusively breastfeeding. He sleeps slightly better at night after a tough couple of weeks where he would sometimes be up every hour to feed.

He started to have winds a couple of days ago so I have started giving him Infacol to see if it helps. 

My only problem is daytime naps, he refuses to have them if not in the baby carrier  :(
    I tried to transfer him while drowsy, asleep, awake but nothing works. He goes in his cot fine at night so it's a bit frustrating. 

In the carrier means I can carry on with a few activities but not that many and not sure how good it is for his back (and mine!). Am I the only one having this problem? Should I persevere or risk giving him very bad habits? 

Hope you're all well and hang in there, they'll soon be 12 weeks when I've been told things get better. 

Hiya, I agree the 6/8 weeks have been pretty tough. She’s started to sleep slightly more in the day although it’s not always guaranteed.

I too am still exclusively breastfeeding, it’s going well but the cluster feeding days during growth spurts are tough. However they’ve been doing their job and she’s now 10lbs 4ozs 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼 So really happy with her weight gain. It gives me that reassurance that I’m doing it right and well. 

mary I wouldn’t worry about keeping him in the carrier to do jobs as they can’t get into a bad habit. They say they sleep so well in there because it mimics them being inside the womb. I also do that and have friends who do the same. I’ve been researching into it and they said they won’t form a habit. So don’t worry about it, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Aria normally has a good feed during the day and falls asleep I then put her down and she generally will sleep at least an hour sometimes longer. Keep trying with it anyways xx

hope everyone else is doing well xx
  • Options
    Hi, hope everyone is well, cant believe where the time is going. Eli is doing well, he was 8 weeks yesterday, last Tuesday in weighed 13lb 7oz so he's putting on weight well...must take after his mummy!!! He's sleeping well too, he's been going to bed at 8.30, then he'll have a feed at 2, another at 5 then we get up at 8.30ish...ive probably jinxed that now and he'll be up all night tonight. How's everyones elses little ones doing? Xx 
  • Options
    Harrietts doing well apart from colic, reflux, constipation and stomach acid and now looks like she has started teething 🤦🏼‍♀️. Shes still surprisingly very happy and smiley through it all and sleeps from 10pm till 6.30pm. Cant believe shes nearly 3 months! 😳. Hope everyone is well xxx
  • Options
    Quick announcement! 
    We’re giving away a family holiday to Croatia! To be in with a chance of winning it, just check out Latest Discussions to enter! 
  • Options
    Hello Ladies,

hope you're still hanging out :) 

Little Jasper had his jabs last Friday and he did really well (better than Mummy who shed a few tears too... :blush:
    At 8 weeks and 5 days he was 11lb 6oz, om the slim side like his Daddy. 
    Nights are still up and down and he has a longer stretches (like 4-5 hours) but usually early in the night (from 8pm-ish) but after that it is erratic and every hour until 5-6am where he refuses to be put back into his cot :( All of his daytime naps are in the baby carrier now as I tried to transfer him at various stages but he always wakes up no matter what and then get himself worked up and overtired. 

I know it's too early for a routine but how you guys doing? Do you time feeds? Any tips for him to sleep longer or is it the exclusive and on-demand breastfeeding downside? I still feel so tired and my partner is travelling for work so can't help too much. I try to make night feeds as boring as possible but there are just times when he is wide awake and it takes time to settle him back to sleep.  

I know 12 weeks is approaching and I'm told it'll start going better...well unless they are teething lol 
    Jasper has been sucking his hands a great deal for the past couple of weeks, in fact I'm a bit worried his hands will be irritated from all that sucking! 

Sorry for the novel haha.

• Options

@Mary58 omg he is absolutely gorgeous!
    harriett has her second jabs on friday they were so much easier than the first ones! But absolutely dreading the 3rd ones! 
    Harriett sleeps from about 930pm till 6.30pm and shes on timed feeds due to her gaviscon and she can only have 6 feeds a day so got into a routine from quite early on because of it. 
    She is now 12lb 6oz and is nearly 13 weeks old! Cant believe how quick it goes!

take care everyone 
    sophie xx