Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

January 2019 Babies - Part 2

Replies

• Options
    We’ve booked a holiday for next year and I’d like Arden to be at least buoyant in the water because he floats like a brick but I’ve no idea how to teach a baby to swim. The lessons are soo expensive though 
  • Options
    Oh Col, she’s so pretty! Good luck with the move! So exciting but the thought of mess and chaos 🙈 
    so Evies rolling finally! I think all the time in the garden gave her chance to stretch out And practice! We’re off to Santorini Monday! Still anxious but getting more excited at the thought of being by the pool!
    @ChelleH83  I bought Evie the next size up dummies but they are huge for her 😂 she’s still diddy! 
    I should be at an eye appointment but Evie’s mapping and I don’t want to wake her 😭
  • Options
    @Jdoo bless him! I’m so excited to dip Evie’s little toes in on holiday 🥰
    @Chech I really want to start lessons but paddle ducks where I live is so expensive & im not sure the local pool would be so good!
  • Options
    Had to share some recents of my lil dolly! 🥰🥰🥰 isn’t the love unreal!!!
  • Options
    Ah Zoe she's adorable!!! 
  • Options
    Aww looks like she's getting bigger now Zoe! Brodie is still in 3 to 6 month clothes ... Plenty of room as well. So we aren't gonna be moving on any time soon!! 
  • Options
    Such beautiful babies you all have. 

We have a photo shoot for Arden today. We missed the newborn chance so we’re getting it before he gets more mobile. 

How are they all doing with their weaning? Anything they just really don’t like?
  • Options
    Just like all of you, so proud of her 🥰
    We’re still in 0-3 @colpage127 some 3-6 is a bit baggy and so long on the arms?!?? 
    @Chech Evie’s only interested in a melty puff & only half of one at that 😭 she’s 6.5 months and just dosent like the spoon. Occasionally she will hold on and guide it to her mouth. Finding it quite frustrating as I really want her to eat, she’s still only having 20oz in a good day atm 😭😭😭
  • Options
    Brodie still prefers pureed stuff but will take toast and wraps etc. Still ends up with more of it on her than in her mouth though! She loves biscotti biscuits the most. When she gets pureed food, I feed her it and she takes it all. So I try to mix them both throughout the day and not just rely on finger food. she still likes her milk... She's had 16oz so far today and she'll take another few bottles before bed. Usually 4oz a bottle.
  • Options
    Logan manages fine on thin and thick purees bit struggles a bit with lumpy stuff, like we tried a wee pudding pot that had apple chunks but he spits them out. He is still finishing his morning and night bottles but either alternates his midmorning and afternoon or takes half of both. Not consistently enough that I know which one to drop though 😜
  • Options
    Jdoo arden is the same with his bottles, he’ll only take 4oz ones for his middle two bottles and half the time he doesn’t even want one but I just give him out of habit.

• Options
    It's a bit of a minefield with the weaning at the moment eh? I keep seeing pics of people's kids covered in tomato sauce and eating spag bol with their hands etc... I can't help it but it's not for me! I'm not into bathing her after breakfast, lunch and dinner 😂🛀
  • Options
    Brodie takes about ten bottles a day honestly. But how much she takes in each feed completely varies. Always 2 to 4oz. Sometimes she sooks it dry and other times  a couple of ounces then starts mucking about. 
  • Options
    We can't really properly do the finger eating thing at the moment, Logan's high chair takes up far too much space in kitchen so he eats in a bumbo at the kitchen table but it's too high for him to reach for eating. He does quite like to eat the actual table though, gnaws away like a wee hamster
  • Options
    Brodie has a wee seat with a tray which we sometimes use. You can take the tray off. The seat comes with straps to attach it to a proper chair and you can use it when they're bigger by taking the insert out. I'll attach pics,I'm not describing it well!

The kid using it is huge so it lasts a fair bit! 
  • Options
    Yeh its a similar kinda thing we have, should maybe put the tray on and let him go wild with the spaghetti! 
  • Options
    Nut... That gives me the fear! 😂 😂 
  • Options

This is the messiest I can bare to let him get. We also do a mix of purées but we do lots of finger foods now. His favourite thing is fish fingers. 

If nobody minds seeing a naked baby butt I can show you guys a preview of Arden’s photo shoot from today 
  • Options
    Logan's naked bum is on my living room wall ha
  • Options

Look at that butt!

also; he wore double denim for some of the photos and he was giving me Justin timberlake vibes