Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

August 2019 Babies

Replies

• Options
    @EmJ3 I think often that is the case. I've been quite lucky though, the first 2 slept through the night from only a few weeks old,  and Esther has been sleeping through for about a month now. Not bad for breastfed babies. Although number 3 didn't sleep through until he was over 1 😭
    @ChellaKutti01 I hope sleep gets better for you soon, it will come, fingers crossed sooner rather than later! x
  • Options
    @ThuperRah she’s sleeping so well for a breastfed baby! I hear so many mums say they don’t sleep as long at first. Obviously I know this gets better but it’s very full on for you! It’s hard enough bottle feeding! Haha! My milk just didn’t come through enough so ended up combi feeding and then my milk just stopped so the combi feeding probably made things worse!

my af has eventually arrived with avengeance- i’d Forgotten what they were like! Haha!!

and earlier when it said Matilda has a funny too- I meant dummy!!! The irony!!! I’m clearly the dummy!🤣🤣🤣xxx
  • Options
    Figured that's what you meant 😂 
    I was tempted a few times to give Esther a dummy when she was being hard work and hubby was away. We had such a nightmare getting number 1 son to give up his though that I've not wanted to give any of the others one. 
    Forgot to say after you posted your photo @emj3 how cute is Matilda's hair! 😍

My period hasn't come back yet, 17 weeks today and counting. I'm quite happy for it to stay away.
  • Options
    Hello ladies
    How are you and your babies?
    I had such a hard last few month... After my oldest boys gone back to school I was trying to build good schedule to suit for baby. Took me almost 2 month to do it. Cai then become really poorly and been ruched to A&E... All ended up well, but I don't know what is a good sleep last 3weeks... Now he is teething and nothing helping him, only be on my breast 24/7...there is Christmas presents to get and arrange my hubbies birthday in 2 weeks.. I feel so unorganised, but cannot do anything about it.... Safe to say Cai is hardens baby from all mine
  • Options
    @Sigsauer oh you’re having a nightmare. Glad Cai is ok now but it’s so hard without sleep. Can you sleep in the day at all? 

Matilda is doing well. She’s a pretty chilled baby so far. I couldn’t manage more than 4 weeks bf though as my milk didn’t come in enough. i don’t know enough about it but could Cai need a little top up of breast or formula milk to maybe sleep a bit longer? Cant really think of anything else- sorry.

try not to stress about Christmas yet. What are your plans for your hubby’s birthday?
    xxx

• Options
    I can't sleep during day, been trying but not just can fall asleep, to alert and need to know what going on around... And out neighbour having builders and it's a bit loud here. He is not hungry and generally very happy... But those weeks he been very poorly and slept only while I am holding him and not helping that he is teething very badly. Hope when his teeth be out he will settle.
    For hubby birthday will take him to Christmas Market and then hopefully will do some shopping too
    My milk is still leaking a lot  and on good side no AF yet 
  • Options
    @Sigsauer hope he gets better and settle’s soon for you. He just loves cuddles!!!

I love the christmas markets! We go to the Manchester ones a few times over nov/dec!

xxx
  • Options
    I been choosing between Manchester and Chatsworth....but still don't know where we will go
  • Options
    edited Nov 12, 2019 1:54PM

Post deleted by MadeForMums.
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines. 

• Options

What’s going on @ MadeForMums today? 

We’d love to know if you’ll be doing any Black Friday shopping - come and tell us by checking out the thread on Latest Discussions

And in the run up to Christmas, do you do Elf on the Shelf? If so, enter our Elf on the Shelf Competition! WE have 24 prizes to give away! Find out all the details for how to enter here

• Options
    How’s everyone doing? Matilda’s 14 weeks today. Time is going so fast!!! She’s been sleeping well- 8/9pm till 6/7am so things are looking up!

what are people buying the babies for Christmas? Really looking forward to it!!!xxxx
  • Options

• Options
    Morning @EmJ3, hope your well? 
    So good to hear Matilda is getting 10 hours sleep at night. 

Oliver was 12 weeks old yesterday. He sleeps from 10 until 7. He’s still having trouble with his tummy 😢 He is on special milk and gaviscon everyday and has been referred to a dietary paediatrician. By the time we get the appointment he was prob be weening anyway. 

I’m just getting sone bits he needs and thinking of toys or bits he will need between now and August as he won’t get anything until his birthday.  We still haven’t got a monitor which he will need when he goes into his own room. I’ve picked out a couple of sensory toys for family to get. Not going mad just things that will come in useful for the next 8 months.
    How about you? 

Here’s a couple of the cheeky chappy, got weighed yesterday he is now 13lb, 5oz nearly a stone chubby boy. xxxxxxxxx

• Options

• Options
    Awwww he’s absolutely gorgeous @Blondielauz. He looks soooo cute!!! It’s a shame his tummy’s still not right- so frustrating and appointments take way too long to sort out. 

I think were doing the same regarding presents. I’m not going mad because she’s oblivious!! But it has to look like Santa has brought her nice things for my 7 year old!! Haha!!! Think I’ll get her a high chair and thinking of the video baby monitor too- not a ridiculously expensive one. I’ve seen one in Argos that’s pretty cheap but I better check that it’s actually ok- or if you have to spend a bit more for a decent video one. We just had a BT audio one for my little boy and it was great so we’ll see. Prob get her some clothes in the next size too and a few toys of family. 

I cant believe they’re growing so quickly! It’s madness! Still missing those exciting last few weeks of being pregnant and those first few days with them. It’s just so magical but seeing Matilda smile and chuckle etc is just as cute!
    xxxx
  • Options
    C HV Oh I know what you mean. I really miss being pregnant. It’s crazy. I found I was pregnant on the 21st Dec so that will be strange when that comes around. As I just cried as thought I would miscarry again and I just look at him and still can’t believe he is here. 
    I still want to take him to my fertility doctor of 2 years and say “Look, I thought I couldn’t get pregnant, and if I did I would miscarry” well F you!!” Hahaha

Yeah I’ve looked over and over for a good video monitor. I got worried as well as I heard a story that one got hacked and some perv was watching their child. Very scary. 

I’m just so looking forward to Christmas this year. It’s brought the magic back to our family 🎄💓 

where about was you from? xxxxx
  • Options
    @EmJ3 little Matilda is gorgeous 💗 so good that she’s sleeping through the night for you.. I’ve bought the walker thing for Xmas Yano the one they can sit and then walk along with, and buying some practical things to do her into next year not going mad as it’s pointless in my opinion :) 

@Blondielauz aww Oliver is such a little cutie he’s a good weight even tho his little tummy has problems poor little bubs I hope he gets sorted soon :( that looks like a good Highchair you have there i bought one today actually 

hope everyone else is good mad to think it’s been a year or so since we all found out about we were pregnant it’s madness, don’t think we all have the time now to be writing into this I know I don’t i never get a minute to myself 🙈 our little darlings keep us occupied lol xxxxxx

• Options
    @Blondielauz can’t believe that’s what the doc told you and now you have Oliver!!! It’s madness but sooooo good!!! I suppose there’s never a definite answer for any of us. I had 2 losses before Matilda, the one at 20 weeks devastated me but it makes these babies so more precious when you’ve had to struggle for them doesn’t it! They are little miracles!!! She’s defo helped our little family to heal! 

I’m in the Manchester area- Wigan. Where are you? 

@Lmc92 I can’t believe it’s been nearly a year since we all found out we were pregnant and they’re all here now. It’s amazing.

xxxx
  • Options
    @EmJ3 and @Blondielauz babies are adorable,😍
    For Christmas i will get full set of clothes  for Cai (he will be 6month in December), few educational toys, Teddy (he loves teddies), some weaning things and rest will be big things (walkers, bauncer and highchair) left from my middle boy.
    For me one year since I found out about pregnancy was yesterday 😍 I remember telling myself that such a dark strong line will mean that everything will be good and I will not have mc this time. 
  • Options
    Hi @Lmc92 - aww thank you. Yeah the high chair was a great buy (2nd Hand) but it swivels and reclines! as he has reflux it’s helped him so much as he sits up in it, I can have a shower etc as lying down hurts him and he’s constantly crying. Before the high hair I didn’t get a minute to myself as I was forever holding him upright. 
    A lot of the other girls all chat in FB now as easier. Not sure if you’re in FB? I know @EmJ3 is not are you?! 

Ah @EmJ3 yes it defo makes them more special. He is my one and only, I have a stepson of 13 that lives with us who I love to bits and a 9 year old step daughter who still lives with her mum but I hate to say it but Oliver is very special as he is all mine and my little miracle. 
    I’m from Essex (don’t know if you watch TOWIE) but I’m nothing like that 😂😂

anyone else watching Children In Need tonight? It’s my yearly ritual, I always donate and just sit at home in tears listening to people stories. It’s heartbreaking but if everyone turned a blind eye they wouldn’t get any support. Plus it goes to the children in this country which makes it even more a reason to support! 

Any of your babies teething as yet? Think Oliver is...another worry 😩 xxxxx