Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

October 2019 Babies

Replies

• Options
    @Lmc19xx thankyou, I think its because your all on the next step and I don't understand half of it as this is my first baby 🙈 atleest you are all coping and I feel like I'll have alot of support from you all if I need it as you have all been through birth and feeding differently with different experiences. I'll keep you all posted about how it all goes. 
    Xx thanks ladies xx 
  • Options
    @Jodie1993 :smiley: hahaha, the weirdest feeling in the world is when you leave the hospital with your first baby. Suddenly you realise you genuinely have a little human dependent on you and you don't have a clue how to do half the things. You just make it up as you go along! :grin:

Definitely keep updating us on your final few days! And enjoy what little sleep you can get :wink:

• Options
    @Jodie1993 I know exactly how you feel! I was 5 days overdue and in labour for 6 days. It was awful! I know the feeling of being so fed up! But although I don’t miss being pregnant I do miss my bump and feeling my little lady kick me!
    funny thing is I actually get more sleep now with her here than when I was pregnant!
    how is she a week old tomorrow already? It flys by 😩
  • Options
    Cw92Cw92 Regular
    edited Oct 23, 2019 10:18PM
    @Jodie1993 please don't feel like you can't post! Any questions you have or just wana rant you can! Its what these groups are for. I do feel for you goung overdue but it will be worth it. 

Don't let those who only ask about the baby frustrate you. Just surround yourself with positivity! We all want to know if you're okay it's not just about the babas but the mommas too! Really hope you're okay. 

@MissW1997 that's a stunning photo! Hope you had a fun day! 

@Louloubee hope you managed to get some rest today and your night is a little smoother tonight! 
  • Options
    Thank you all for the support. I can't wait to see baby and bring him home 😍 
  • Options
    @Jodie1993 I’m still waiting too! 
    Baby’s been breech since 30 weeks so I’m booked in for elective C section tomorrow morning. Went for my pre op today, they did a scan and she’s now head down!!
    C section cancelled, and they’re now happy for me to go to 40+6 without intervention. So sick of being pregnant now, was so looking forward to it all being over & done with tomorrow 😢 x
  • Options
    @Secret9 I know it must be hard but trust me... feel thankful that you can try and go natural now! I’m a week in and still in pain. I couldn’t bend down to pick her up, or bath her. I couldn’t carry her up or down stairs as I could barely walk them myself! I know some section people recover better and it’s because I had that big ulcer and internal bruising that’s not helping! I hope baby comes soon for you! X
  • Options
    Curiosity101Curiosity101 Regular
    edited Oct 24, 2019 1:08PM
    @Jodie1993 Oh that's awesome! I can imagine that you're more than a little bit ready to meet your baby though! How was last night? Did you get some sleep?

@Secret9  That's such good news! I can't imagine how uncomfortable you must be right now, but a natural birth is so much easier on you recovery wise. It can't be much longer now, I'd take her moving into head down position as a positive sign surely? Hopefully she's getting ready to make an appearance! 😄

@MissW1997 Don't pressure yourself / rush your recovery. Everything you just described is very normal from everything I've researched and from all the people I've spoken too. I think it took me 2 weeks before I even lowered the number of pain killers I was taking. Up until then I was taking 2 paracetamol and 2 ibuprofen 3 times a day... And that's coming from someone who never takes pain killers normally... Even when I broke my back 😄.

• Options
    @Secret9 aww I can imagine how disheartening it must feel. I was told from 35 weeks that baby could come at any point and I am most likely to not over due and here I am sat 40+8 😫... I called birth centre yesterday and said that my midwife tried to do a sweep but her fingers when just abit to small and couldn't do it. I said I'm booked in on monday to be induced but I want to try and attempt for another sweep to bring it on naturally so I'm going to see another midwife tomorrow and if that doesn't work I see one on Sunday. 
    Atleest I have monday to work towards 🙄 definitely it's harder in the last 2 weeks xxx
  • Options
    We were having some tummy time just now. Practicing him holding his head up...

And then literally 5 minutes later (as I was typing my last post)

🥰😍
  • Options
    @Curiosity101 aww look at you pics, so cute 🥰

Yes I am definitely more than ready now, I just been walking around aldi doing a food shop and feel so heavy and aching 😫

Last night wasn't to bad only got up twice for a wee, but still getting heartburn a little bit which is just a pain. Rolling over in the night is awful it actually aches everywhere. I'm definitely ready to feel my body back to normal again and not aching and feeling heavy. I will never take advantage of just jumping up off the sofa to get something it takes me 3 attempts to get up now haha. Xx 
  • Options
    @Curiosity101 I’m still staying at mum and dads. Till next Friday. So I’m having plenty of rest and getting plenty of help! I wanted to swap to paracetamol because the codeine is making me a little constipated but sometimes I need that extra boost! 

My beautiful princess had her weigh in today after the dramatic weight loss and my amazing little chunk has gone back up to 7lbs 8.5oz. So only 1.5oz under birth weight and 11.5 oz heavier than the loss just 2 days ago! So proud of her. She’s now taking 3-4 oz every feed which is 3-4 hours usually but sometimes has an earlier feed of 2-3oz in 2-3 hours instead. 
    Last night was 10pm. 1:40am. And 6:15am. She’s doing so well. 
    The midwife pressed me tummy and I yelped in pain so they’re keeping an eye on me! But I’m getting there and only 3 more days of injecting myself!!
  • Options
    MissW1997 said:
    The midwife pressed me tummy and I yelped in pain so they’re keeping an eye on me! But I’m getting there and only 3 more days of injecting myself!!
    ^^ I remember that bit 😄. I literally grabbed one of the midwive's hands and pulled them away one of the times 😂. I found some midwives were really good and just pressed in one place to find the top of my uterus and others seemed to go exploring 🙄🤣. 

One of the explorers was the one who's hand I grabbed and pulled away. 
  • Options
    @Curiosity101 nasty isn’t it?! She said oh I think that’s where the ulcer must be and you’re not quite healed yet! No really?! I’m only a week post op 😂 
  • Options
    This baby is a stubborn one for sure! She was head down & engaged on Thursday, C section cancelled for Friday..and today she’s turned & is once again breech. 
    Doctors have advised me to wait until I go into labour and see which way round she is then, however I really want it all over & done with now. If I ask for a C section will they give me one?
  • Options
    @Secret9 it's unlikely that they'll give you a c-section on request but you can certainly ask. It's much higher risk than a natural birth in terms of complications etc so you normally only have one if a natural birth is going to be higher risk in your particular scenario. 
  • Options
    Hey guys. Sorry been awol. This newborn baby life is harder than I thought it’d be.

My c section scar has opened up a bit. On the right hand side. It’s not massive and I went doctors to check it out but it’s only like 1cm at the biggest. It looks really deep though! He said it’s not infected, to keep it clean etc. it will knit itself closed from the inside out if that makes sense.

Aurelia has gone from bad sleeping to NO sleeping 😂 She’s been feeding constantly, every half hour to an hour, for the last day or two. Day and night. This is the dreaded 3 week old cluster feeding that breastfed babies do to bring up mama’s supply ready for a massive growth spurt. Quite amazing that her instincts are telling her to do it, but very tiring for mama. I’ve had lots of help with Ezra, and just had to accept that I have to just let her feed when she needs it, and accept the help from others. I just make sure I have lots of water and snacks nearby.

On other news, I’m now in the 13 stones! I was 14st 7lbs when I got pregnant with Aurelia and 15st 8lbs when I gave birth so have lost nearly 2 stone in 3 weeks! And I’m below my pre-pregnancy weight. I think all the breastfeeding is helping. I’m aiming to get to 12 st 7lbs next, which was my weight before I got pregnant with Ezra. 

We have been using the sling a lot around the house. But can’t really get out much, cus I can’t drive, and I need to rest my scar so it doesn’t open up any more and she’s giving me about 5-10 mins between the next feed so it’d be impractical to go out at the mo. I feel like I need some fresh air!! But it’s really rainy here anyway. 

How’s everyone and their babies/pregnancies going? 
  • Options
    Who’s left to have their babies? Just @secret9 and @Jodie1993 I think the others aren’t on here anymore 
  • Options
    @Louloubee my god you must be knackered! How long are you planning on breastfeeding for? Glad she’s all good and is growing nicely with all the feeding 💖
    I was meant to take Lowen-Mila to be weighed in the week but I got the wrong day so I stood on my scales with her lol and it said she’s 8lbs! Can that be right?! I’m going on Tuesday (correct day this time!) to get her weighed so I can’t wait to see exactly what she weighs! She def has chubby cheeks now! 🥰 
    I’ve started exercising now, had my period and it’s finished, was very light as usual so was glad about that! I’m 5lbs off my pre pregnancy weight, it’s crazy how quick my body has gone back. Still not the same as before...yet! Hope everyone is good! Xx
  • Options