Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

November 2019 Babies

Replies

• Options
    Hello :-) At her day 2 check they said her hips felt a little bit clunky. They scanned her the next day and said the hip sockets  were very shallow and the hips weren’t able to sit correctly due to this. They booked her in for another scan at 4 weeks as at that age many babies have loose hips or the socket isn’t quite developed so they held off putting a harness on till the next scan. Next scan showed no changes so she’s in a harness. I’ll be honest I did cry when they put it on but a few days in it’s fine and we have all got use to it. Thank you for the M and S recommendation, I’ve ordered from there to collect later :-)! The next step for Sophia is weekly appointments at hospital to readjust the harness. They will rescan again at 4 weeks I think. The aim is that the harness will correct the issue in 6-12 weeks. Otherwise it’s on longer and if that fails they have further options. I’ve found a great support page online through the charity Steps. It’s not that common Hip Dysplasia but if any others do have to go down the harness route it’s not too bad. First day was hell and I cried but now it’s not bad at all :-). 

I reckon there is a link, I get it sometimes when Sophia is due a feed, I’m bottle feeding now but did a few days of BF, she’s 4 weeks now and I think it’s finally stopping x @Bluehawaii90
  • Options
    I'm amazed there are so many of you looking at potential hip dysplasia, I've only ever known two babies to have to have those braces on, one had to have an operation afterwards because I don't think it went back in properly or something. I knew it was common, just not quite this common! 

We are still in hospital. I had a night at home and feel so much better. Evan is still on antibiotics via IV every 6 hours, but he seems ok in himself. The little chunk is still demanding milk every 3 hours and is wanting a second of the tiny hospital bottles most times now. Still on track to be home tomorrow since there's not really a whole lot they can do except see how they clear his chest up. Been in a bit of a fog for the last few days, I can't remember what I posted, but nothing grew from any of his cultures they took, they suspect it's fluid left on his lungs from Birth. A quick Google seems to suggest it can happen when labor is started artificially but we will never know! 
  • Options
    Larat Evah has had colic since 10days old 😞 she has colief in her bottles an it does seem to have helped although it is so expensive an apparently gps arnt allowed to prescribe it 😩 how are you managing it? 
    Blue hawaii I haven’t bf at all and quite a few times when Iv given Evah a bottle Iv noticed after wards Iv leaked I thought it had stopped but my partner said last night oh is that your boob that’s leaked on your top 😂🙈 and it was x

• Options
    Bluehawaii90Bluehawaii90 Regular
    edited Dec 12, 2019 4:20PM
    Does anyone elses baby wake up and instantly start farting? 😂 I'm sat here here next to Evan and I promise you I'm not exaggerating when I sat he probably farted around 10 times in 2 minutes lmao
  • Options
    @Bluehawaii90 not sure if it’s a bf thing but Immy is constantly farting!
  • Options
    Evan is formula/bottle fed lol must be a baby thing I guess. 
  • Options
    I blew a raspberry and this happened. He's only 2 and a half weeks old...surely too early for a first smile? 
  • Options
    It’s a probably a fluke but it’s such a cute smile I’d claim it as a proper smile!

we got this photo of Leah at four weeks old 

loz we heard of colief but it’s gold dust. We ok on gripe water for now 
  • Options
    @Larat84 I would call that a real smile for sure :) and @Bluehawaii90 it wouldn't surprise me if Evans was too! They're both adorable!

Can I ask those of you who are breastfeeding how long it took for your boobs to stop hurting after the milk came in, and is there any trick to make them latch again once it does? Jamie's suddenly become super fussy since mine came in this morning and I'm desparate to get milk down his neck without having to top him up with formula.

At his 3 day check yesterday they weighed him and he was down 15oz weighing 8lbs exactly. He also had urates and today seems a little constipated. I'm worried he's going to have dropped even further tomorrow taking him over the 10% loss and I don't want him readmitted.

We had to go and buy newborn as we only had 0-3 months with expecting him to be big and even the new stuff drowns him!

• Options
    Evah has come out in this spotty rash as anyone’s children ever had it? X
  • Options
    @Loz27 could it be baby acne? Jamie has spots coming up on his legs that look similar and the midwife wasn't bothered when I showed her this morning.
    Does Evah have any other symptoms other than the rash? If you're worried I would just ring your GP for an appointment. Theyll usually seen an infant the same day when they're this young. Or can you nip to the pharmacy and see if you can get anything from the pharmacist on minor ailments that might help? 
  • Options
    Other than that she’s totally fine it’s the side she sleeps on too so I didn’t know if it was maybe heat/sweat rash, she had a couple of odd ones when we was last at the midwife an she said it’s just her skin adjusting to being out the womb but last night/morning she’s developed quite a few more. Called gp this morning about her colic an asked about the spots too was told the doctor would call me but the pharmacist did an spoke about colic an I totally forgot about the spots 😩
  • Options
    @EvelynsMummy6390 I found that if I fed through the pain it eased up once she had been on a minute. As for engorgement pain, as long as you feed on demand it eases up after each feed. Immy was really fussy to latch when my milk first came in which made my nipples sore 😣 but I’d really recommend lots of lanolin on them and rub in a little of your milk and bare with it, it won’t take long for him to get it if you position him right xx did you get support with positioning to latch at hospital? Or one of the little booklets?
  • Options
    @Larat84 @Bluehawaii90
    shes only a week here so definitely gassy smile but still adorable 🥰 

• Options
    We're finally out! We're on the way home to stay with any luck! First thing for me is a very hot bath after the stupid showers in the hospital were basically a hose pipe with a watering can head on it. 

Evan finally fillies his nappy for the second time this week too, all over my last pair of jeans. I was giving him a bottle at the time so I just had to sit in it 🙄 then I put him straight down to clean up without burping him and as you guess a fountain of milk came back up. That was how 6:30am was spent. They've put down on his discharge paper that he had left sided pneumonia which is the first time last has been mentioned but...anyway. we are back in January to make sure everything has cleared up ok. 
  • Options
    @Bluehawaii90 that is fantastic news! (Not so much the bit where you get pood on).

@LivyLouby I've used so much Lanolin already. I was lucky that Jamie was the only baby born last Sunday so I had loads of support from the nursery assistants at the hospital with positioning etc, and one of the MCAs has been out to the house a couple of times and been great. My milk supply is definitely getting there slowly but I've had to give in and let him have an ounce of formula tonight because his nappy is still full of urates and they were worried about dehydration and wanted us back in if it doesn't stop by this weekend. It also isn't helping his jaundice. I cried having to do it but I know it's a one off and he really needed it. Back to booby as soon as he wakes up - which hopefully is a couple of hours away because I'm shattered 😂

My little assistant is being so good with her brother. Proving wrong everyone who said she was going to be jealous. Here she is burping him before bed.... 

• Options
    Oh also is anyone else struggling to get their wee one to sleep on their back? Everytime I look, Jamie has rolled onto his side! 
  • Options
    Bluehawaii90Bluehawaii90 Regular
    edited Dec 14, 2019 9:22PM
    Evan will wriggle around a bit, I've see him shift to his side, but he generally stays on his back. We are still struggling with the 3 hourly waking. At least once a night he's taking 2 hours for a feed, change and to get back to sleep. That means we are only getting an hour each time 😴

Um, has anyone attempted DTD yet? I'm only 3 weeks pp on Monday and I must admit we are struggling without it 😂 my stitches aren't painful and I know they've healed as I was able to see one of the hospital midwives while I was in with Evan, just can't remember what the rule is? The bleeding has also stopped, just the occasional brown tinge. Hubby is being really patient and helpful with both kids, but with Evan giving an hour it's like how are we ever going to get chance 🙄

• Options
    @Bluehawaii90 I was told to not did for 6 weeks as there is a risk of infection.

i thought my bleeding stopped but it stops for 2-3 days and it comes back. Bit sick of it now! Also I thought it had stopped and went out without a pad only to be left in bloody jeans. So always keep something with u! 
  • Options
    @Bluehawaii90 @Larat84 I can't even imagine dtd yet, although the wee boy is only a week today.

I know there was a discussion about bleeding just before I had him but I can't find it. Did anyone else find they had massive clots the first week or so? I've been passing some that are tennis ball sized, they don't look tissuey but I swear I didn't have this last time. Between passing them the bleeding is already down to more like spotting. I'm also struggling getting up first thing in the morning. My joints are agony and I'm having to crawl to the toilet when I first get up. Any idea how long it takes to improve? 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions