Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

November 2019 Babies

Replies

• Options
    @Bluehawaii90 hope Evan is on the mend!

Well I can finally say my 'November Baby' is here. Baby James Howard arrived last night at 8lb15oz. Labour was a complete whirlwind but he was so worth it 😍.

• Options
    @Bluehawaii90 oh gosh hope Evan is ok! 

@EvelynsMummy6390 yay! Congratulations!! I actual came on to ask if you where induced yesterday! I bet your MIL is fuming 😂 congrats again. What did little James weigh? X
  • Options
    @Larat84 he was 8lb15 - I didn't think that was too bad given how overdue I was. I ended up with the full labour ward to myself again which is just as well I was getting quite vocal towards the end. (At 8.35 they were claiming I was 5cm dilated. By 8.46 I was holding him 😂
  • Options
    @EvelynsMummy6390 what a beaut. Congratulations 💙
  • Options
    Congratulations @EvelynsMummy6390 took your time didn't you? 😂 Did you have a better birth experience with this one? 
  • Options
    @Bluehawaii90 honestly it was just a totally different birth altogether. I was terrified of induction as so many say it takes ages but it was so quick, to the point the midwife never had the delivery pack open and his head was out. I was a bit like a caged bear at the end because nobody would believe how close I was. My waters actually burst in the bath at the hospital, and I had a bit of a bleed so I ended up sat in a pool of red with midwives running around me. I'm glad it wasn't a stretched out process but the lack of control was terrifying.

Is Evan still in the hospital or have you got him home with you? 
  • Options
    Congratulations Evelyn, bluehawaii I hope Evan is ok x
  • Options
    I'm in the hospital with Evan, I managed to get family to watch my daughter last night so I was able to come up and support hubby up here. Hubby is going home tonight as my parents can't stay so I'll be staying in with Evan until they release us. He doesn't appear to be getting any worse, so I'm taking that as a positive, he's just had 70ml of milk and he's just having his last dose (I think) of antibiotics. 
  • Options
    Sorry I missed the weight in the original post! Oh wow @EvelynsMummy6390 that must have been scary! Well done you! 
  • Options
    @EvelynsMummy6390 Awww yay ! Congratulations! He’s an absolutely gorgeous baby boy, well worth the wait ❤️. 

@Bluehawaii90 Hope Evan is doing ok and that you get some good news tomorrow ❤️ Xxx
  • Options
    @EvelynsMummy6390 he's here!!!! HOORAY! And sounds like a cracking birth - super fast! Did that baby boy keep you waiting or what! How is it being home? 
    @Bluehawaii90 we hope you guys are out of hospital soon - please do keep us posted? 
  • Options
    @EvelynsMummy6390 congratulations he finally arrived! Xx Gorgeous boy to balance the girl heavy November a bit more!
  • Options
    Hello,

We had a scan today and it looks like Sophia does have Hip Dysplasia. She’s just had a brace fitted for the next 12 weeks. She’s been really restless since having it on, it’s going to be a long 12 weeks. I’m really grateful they picked it up early so hopefully she has a good chance of the brace working xxx
  • Options
    @MrsG101 sorry to hear that. Sophia will be a wee trooper and the next 12 weeks will fly by! Jamie is to have his hips scanned in 6 weeks because he was post dates. Do you mind me asking if it took them long to check her and what was involved?

Also you probably know this already but M&S have an online range of special hip displasia clothing that fits with the brace if you needed anything x
  • Options
    @MrsG101 Hallie is supposed to have been referred for that too but we havent heard anything yet - how long did it take for your appointment to come through? 
  • Options
    @Witmore26 we were told there's a bit of backlog and that it would be 6-8 weeks for Jamie's appointment to come through. I think that's just our NHS trust but they must refer quite a lot of babies I think x
  • Options
    @EvelynsMummy6390 ah ok, thanks. Maybe I’ll raise it at her GP appointment.
  • Options
    We have an appointment for a hip check next Tuesday. I was born with a dislocated hip plus baby was breech so they double checking with scan. 
    @MrsG101 sorry to hear that about Sophia but better they get it sorted now. And I’m sure she will settle into the brace in a few days time.

colic hit our household last night 😩 she screamed on and off from 3 pm til she finally gave in at 11.30. It was a long day.
  • Options
    @MrsG101 @Witmore26 @EvelynsMummy6390
    Imogen is goi for a hip scan on Xmas eve at 4 weeks as she had ‘clicky hips’ when they tested her at birth. They said it was a common side effect of pregnancy hormones. Fingers crossed 🤞 for everyone’s scans.
    @Larat84 not sure about colic but I feel your pain as I had baby attached to my boob all day today! No sooner had she finished a feed, fallen asleep, I put her down and within minutes she was awake wanting feeding again!
  • Options
    Ladies, I need to ask a strange question lol I've switched places with hubby tonight so I'm home from the hospital with the intention of trying to get a decent night's sleep. I'm sat here on my own (in hubby's pajama t-shirt 😭) and I notice my nipples are tingling and leaking slightly. Evan is completely bottle fed and so was his sister, I have NEVER breastfed. It was so weird I text hubby to ask if Evan was having his milk and no word of a lie, he's just finished a bottle. 

Is that a thing? Or just co-incidence? I've never spent more than a couple of hours away from him and it's never happened before when I've given him a bottle. 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions