Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

November 2019 Babies

Replies

• Options
    Your so lucky Nikkinarno, we took Evah to the doctors an he said she has colic 😩 we had been using infacol but he said to get colief to try instead, just want my happy baby back 😢 
  • Options
    @Loz27 have you tried breaking her feeds. Each feed break her off about 3 times winding her in between. I must admit Lincoln is bad at getting his wind up, sometimes takes me an hour to get it up for him, but as yet I’ve held back off the infacol.

• Options
    Evan seems to be struggling to keep the powdered milk down, we've been using the pre-mixed cow and gate and he seems to keep that down better. He usually stops after about 1-2 ounces so we wind in the middle but I also struggle to bring that up, hubby seems to manage it just fine. 

Who was it that also had palpitations prior to delivery? I'm still getting the occasional one which is of course worrying me all over again. 
  • Options
    We have always broke of her feeds after like 1oz to wind her which had been fine until a couple of days ago it just got more difficult to get it up and she’s sock on by the time she has burped so doesn’t want any more milk. I had the palpitations but they have stopped since delivery, have you been doing the breathing exercises x
  • Options
    Product Test Opportunity! 
    We are looking for 10 parents/carers of children, age approx 6-11 to test a CarGoSeat which is a Group 3 booster seat worth £54.99. There’s a £200 Amazon voucher prize for one of the testers too! To read more about this product test and signup, please head to Latest Discussions
  • Options
    Bluehawaii90Bluehawaii90 Regular
    edited Dec 5, 2019 4:36PM
    Ladies sorry to ask, but did anyone else have a tear or episiotomy? I ended up with a second degree tear and I think it's healing ok, but I had a look this morning and it looks open. Not bleeding or just a random hole...im struggling to find another way to describe it other than the slit you would put in a chicken breast  for chicken Kiev 😂😂 I had hubby look and he said looks fine, but just open ("omg how aren't you in constant pain with it!?" , "I am") . Wondered if I should worry? It doesn't hurt as much as it did, it's not bleeding, it's not red etc. 
  • Options
    @Bluehawaii90 I had a episiotomy. I kept getting mine checked by the midwife as it was so painful down there but that turned out to be the humungous bruise i had on the inside of my bum 😳
  • Options
    I had an episiotomy with Harper, this tear is right next to it. It's more drawing to the floor if you know what I mean? I'm ok when I'm walking around, but as soon as I stand still it starts aching really bad. 

We've really struggled with Evan since last night. We think he has trapped wind that he can't shift. Since about 10pm last night he's been grumbling and griping with a hard tummy. I spoke to the midwife and hubby spoke to the doctor, they both said it sounds like wind, just keep up with the infacol and trying to wind etc. It's exhausting though, especially since we have a toddler to function for 😴😩
  • Options
    I had an episiotomy, I had a 3rd degree tear. I booked in with the doc yesterday and she said all looks fine. I booked an app as I got out of bed too quick and it hurt really bad! I tell you what is really good, there’s a product called Spritz For Bits (glam I know) made by a company called My Expert Midwife. It’s a soothing cooling spray and also an antibacterial spray. I’m on bottle number 2 😂! It’s a must have ! X
  • Options
    Ladies I'm so jealous I can't join this chat yet! I'm now 11 days over and climbing the walls a bit! 
  • Options
    @EvelynsMummy6390 still no labour 😱 you must be climbing the walls. 

And I bet everyone is asking when are you going to have the baby too. I had people asking from 38 weeks so I can’t imagine how annoying it has gotten! 
  • Options
    @Larat84 not even a twinge! I'm induced Sunday afternoon. MIL has been staying with us for 2 weeks and leaves Sunday morning so I'm stressed feeling the pressure to go before she flies out.

Part of me is actually wondering if I should take the induction or ask them to just monitor and see when I go. 
  • Options
    @EvelynsMummy6390 oh dear I bet MIL is growing impatient! 

I would have to be induced as I’m so impatient, but see what they say. I hope u go into labour soon! 
  • Options
    I was the same about being induced @EvelynsMummy6390 . I was so upset at the thought of leaving little one and the unknown. Honestly it was the best decison I made. It was a lot more chilled out and more organised for us all with not having to worry about rushing to the hospital in the middle of the night. 

That pessary is a bitch though, mine slipped a bit and felt like a dry tampon every time I went for a wee! Did the job though! 
  • Options
    @Larat84 I'm sure she is and I'm just being a bitch but she was told if I went over I wouldn't be induced until this weekend and still chose to come over earlier. (I think I'm just bitter cause everyone is saying what a shame for her while I waddle about making her cups of tea.

@Bluehawaii90 my worry is it'll take days to be induced and baby will be even huger than I imagined.

I fell asleep after putting the wee one down tonight and had a dream my waters broke but they were pink and blue 😂
  • Options
    Bluehawaii90Bluehawaii90 Regular
    edited Dec 6, 2019 11:04PM
    Second is definitely easier, I swear I did like 4 pushes and out he flew. My mum said they literally caught him 😂 

Im sat here cluster feeding (bottles and formula!) because he keeps throwing up on the fricken sofa. He's also farting on my leg and cuddling a tea towel because we've ran out of clean muslin cloths. 
    Is anyone else struggling with feeds? I know most are breastfeeding so probably not. The midwife isn't concerned and we've spoken to two different ones now. 
  • Options
    Well hubby is currently pacing the room with a baby refusing to sleep. Baby goes down fine in the day but then will fuss at night 🤨 think I might start putting her in her crib for nap time.

I’m not struggling with feeding @Bluehawaii90 but Leah is much sicker after feeds lately. She demolishes her milk every time then is sick a bit more.

@EvelynsMummy6390 to be fair you are nicer then me 🙂 I wouldn’t be making tea for anyone 11 days overdue. It would have made more sense to book a visit 2 weeks after baby is due so at least MIL could meet baby. That’s a funny dream xx
  • Options
    @Larat84 poor Leah, is she just on normal formula? MIL has just gone to bed, handed me the TV remote and told me I can watch what I want. ITS MY TV! Hubby says it's just hormones but it's really not. She's also woken Evie so she's down having a cuddle then will likely join us in bed 🙄. Roll on Sunday for peace and a baby 🤞. 

@Bluehawaii90 We had to put Evie on comfort milk for a couple of weeks because of being sick. It's a thicker formula and apparently stays down a bit better. It's a much slower flow though so we had to change her bottle teats but she did stop throwing up. But how freaking cute is Evan 😍. 
  • Options
    @EvelynsMummy6390 you have more patience than me, I would have lost my shit by now🤪

@Bluehawaii90 oh my, he is a cutie!

is anyone using the dr browns bottles? We are using the wide neck number 1 teats but finding the flow is quite slow and think Hallie is getting bored of trying for her milk so out of 4oz she only finishes 3oz. Just wondering if its worth pin picking it as the number 2 teats I’m guessing will be too quick for her. 
  • Options
    Evah has been sicky too, more so of an evening though! We bought the comfort milk to help with her colic but the health visitor said to stick with the colief for now so I’m not changing too much at once and the midwife said to wait til the last resort before changing formula 🤷🏻‍♀️ 
    Her teats keep collapsing so I tried the next flow but they are obviously too fast as the milk went down so quick she then sicked it straight back up so we have swapped back. 
    She decided to stay awake after her 4am feed and has only just gone back down! so tired today and feel like Iv been hit by a bus did anyone else have a section? X
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions