Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

March 2020 Babies

Replies

• Options
    Awww fingers crossed @KayleighA sounds like your little one knows what's going on in the world and has decided to stay put for now. Hope your being looked after. X
  • Options
    Abigail is now just over 3 weeks old and still in tiny baby clothes. Feel so bad for family not being able to spend time with her. But have video called most of them. Haven't even posted her birth announcement on Facebook yet. At night she is pretty good sleep from 2 till 6:30am. Having to use the pram and car chair indoors as still want her to get used to it although people looking at our house must think I'm insane pushing her round the living room. She is very comical when get her out of bed in the morning to get dressed she is not a fan.
    @KayleighA fingers crossed baby comes soon 

• Options
    What will they do if it doesn't work? How far over will you go before they look at another option? Aren't babies that are late meant to be super chilled. My little guy was early and he's impatient and stubborn. Lol
  • Options
    MrsS35MrsS35 Regular
    edited Apr 8, 2020 2:05PM
    @KirstyB1st2020 I know that expression all to well. I'm trying to get my little guy used to pram and car seat too. Was taking him out in pram but now I don't dare. Might have to take a leaf out of your book and push him round the front room. He hates getting changed in the morning. I get revenge in the morning by putting big light on to signify time to get up after he's been playing spit the dodie (he waits until I'm back in bed with covers over me before he does it) even had couple of giggles. 
  • Options
    I tried to take her for a walk down to the end of road but there are so many stupid people the live on my road that aren't adhering to the government rules, had to call the police as the neighbours had a party last weekend with about 20 people, they just aren't listening. So now I'm too scared to take her outside at all so just go round and round the living room to the kitchen.
  • Options
    Hope eveyone is ok 
  • Options
    All well here. Thought this page had been quiet. For a few days. Hope everyone is coping in lockdown. @KayleighA hope your little one has finally made an appearance x
  • Options
    All okay over here, Abigail is a month old already where has the time gone 
  • Options
    My LO is 7 weeks old tomorrow. He's getting his first lot of injections next week. Got calpol in ready. Hope @kayleighA has had her LO and they are doing well. 
  • Options
    Hi girls, yes we have had an arrival! Jessica was born on 9th April at 15:39 weighing 8lb exactly. 

It was a bit of a mission. I had induction rods on Sunday 5th, repeated on Monday, removed and admitted to the antenatal ward on Tuesday. 3cm dilated but no labour signs, waiting for a space on labour ward which didn't come until Wednesday at 23:45. Called hubby to join me and security wouldn't let him in until the midwife called down.

As the rods were out so long i was then only 2cm but they decided to break my waters which distressed the baby. Luckily she recovered quickly. They induced me with the hormone drip and my contractions suddenly hit along my back and hips. Holy hell! Took about 5 mins to ask for an epidural. I thought it came in about 15 mins but was actually 4 hours. They had to call an emergency team in as me and the baby were both in distress. There was no break between contractions so i couldn't recover. I screamed the entire time. Hubby is traumatised. 

The second the epidural hit there was immediate relief and i was back. Unfortunately i refused to dilate past 4cm so after 14 hours they decided on an emergency caesarean. We were relieved and after a spinal block we met our beautiful bundle of joy.

James got to stay until 9pm then had to leave. Unfortunately my temperature spiked that night which meant we didn't get to leave the hospital until Easter Sunday at 1pm. How amazing to be finally home though. 

We are loving our girl even when thoroughly exhausted. She is now 5 days old. Breast feeding and routine going well though shes not keen on going in her sleeper or basket and would rather be held.

I hope all you mamas and your babies are happy and healthy despite everything at the moment. 

Hope baby's jabs go well @MrsS35
  • Options

• Options
    Oh @KayleighA I'm so glad she is finally here. That all sounds very distressing and long. Thank god you are home now. I bet you couldnt wait. Massive congratulations. She is beautiful x
  • Options
    @kayleighA she is absolutely gorgeous. I loved the booby cuddles. Still get them but not quite the same way. 
  • Options
    Aww congratulations she’s perfect 😊. Sorry about the dramas to get her here but glad you are all well xx
  • Options
    Thank you! She was way too cosy in there but it was all worth it. 

Really @MrsS35 at 7 weeks it's already changed? Is that because he sleeps in his moses more? 
  • Options
    Congratulations @KayleighA she is gorgeous 
  • Options
    Wow @KayleighA we are so glad she's here, but sounds very traumatic - Jessica is gorgeous!!! 
    You know we think that might be all the babies! Though we're not heard from @pearl16 in a while. 
  • Options
    @kayleighA he's just so much bigger and snuggles differently now. Still using them as pillows but doesn't hug my boob anymore. 
  • Options
    How's everyone doing? 

What do you all do at night? My bubba doesn't like to settle in her moses and wants to be held. I know that's normal but it's not entirely practical. Right now hubby is here so can help but in a couple of weeks he'll be back on nights and I'll be doing it on my own xx
  • Options
    I'm debating buying a carrier. You tried swaddle or sleepsack? White noise machine?