Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

March 2020 Babies

Replies

• Options
    It's pretty rubbish how hands off all the healthcare has been. Even after having the baby they wheeled me into a cubicle alone with the baby with the curtain around. I'd had a spinal block, c section and a catheter in. 21 hours after having my water broken, 10pm, first baby. 

To answer your question we aren't having a 6 week check but are having it at 8 weeks with my GP then going straight in to have her jabs. 
  • Options
    I seen doctor for me and little man when he went for 8 weeks injections. He's got his 12 week injections on 21st.
  • Options
    My doctors rolled the 6week check and jabs all into my little ones 8 week injections. I knew what to expect as I went with my sister for my nieces injections an obviously we had to go alone so I had worked myself up about it all a little. The drs never checked me over or asked if I wanted any contraception just checked over my little one and then the nurse gave injections and that was it. I understand with what’s going on and they are doing a great job but just didn’t seem that interested in having a 2min chat with any of my concerns.

hope everyone is doing ok and babys are being angels for everyone 🙈🥰
  • Options
    We are having our 6 week check up in with her 8 week week injections this Wednesday not sure how to do it without partner being there as I'm still not allowed to lift anything over 10lbs which her car chair and pram most definitely are
  • Options
    @KirstyB1st2020 when we had our 5 day check i couldn't lift her and they allowed my husband to bring her to the door where they took her. After the appointment they brought her back to the car for me. Give them a ring and see what they suggest.
  • Options
    Will do thank you 
  • Options
    Hi everyone, how are you all getting on? Are you getting any rest? And how are you coping with grandparents visiting/meeting your babies? 
  • Options
    Hey. We are doing good here. Rex likes to be held alot during the day so we invested in a more complex bouncy chair which has really helped and he sleeps a good 5 hours straight at night. We do a feed at about half 8 and he sleeps through untill just after 2 then has a bottle and back down until about 7am. 

We were seeing my mum but now she is back at work at the hospital we can not see her and it's really hard as we are neighbours. My partners mum is also working and has just got over the virus so we havnt seen her either. We have a good routine though with Rex and my 2 year old. Lots of messy arts and crafts to keep us busy, and we got got lots of garden toys for his birthday. 

Hope everyone is keeping well.

Question to anyone formula feeding.... how many oz per bottle do you give? And how many bottles in a 24 hour period? 
  • Options
    @NicolaCU with Oliver and Daniel I gave/give them as much as they want 
  • Options
    @NicolaCU babies weight (Kg) x 150 divided by 24 hours = mls per hour

example Logan was 3.5kg in hospital and we had to give him 22mls per hour and we have to feed every 3 hours which is 66 but we rounded it up to 70mls every 3 hours. 

I’ve now upped it to 90mls as he’s getting bigger xx
  • Options
    Hi ladies, I’ve not been on here since Ivy was born so thought I’d check in and see how everyone was doing! 

Looks like we’re all feeling the same
    with lockdown, I’m pretty fed up of being couped up now & really just want Ivy to meet the family 🥺

She’s not had her injections yet I’m dreading getting the appointment through, she’ll be 8 weeks on Thursday! 

She’s doing really well though bless her 😍 hope you’re all well! X
  • Options
    My LO has his 12 week immunisations on Thursday. He's now in 3-6 months clothes 
  • Options
    Oh wow. He's so big!

I feel a bit nervous asking,but does anyone feel overwhelmed occasionally? I think it's because of the lockdown and because my husband works nights. Don't get me wrong, i love her more than anything! I just feel a little anxious sometimes. 

My baby is 5 weeks old and a nightime routine is definitely forming. The days can be a little more challenging but she's gorgeous and giving great big smiles. It's so cute!
  • Options
    @kayleighA when he's been going through growing spurts I have at times but that's just because I'm tired. I think the lockdown is easier as shifts our focus and a smile or a giggle etc really brightens the day. See more and more of his personality as the days go on. He's definitely cheeky and is going to be mischievous. 
  • Options
    @MrsS35 that's so lovely. I can't believe he's getting on for 12 weeks already.

I don't know why i get so anxious. The nights are going so much better than i expected. Days are pretty good too. I just looked up what to do with a newborn in the day so think this will help me with ideas to entertain her while she's so small. She's looking around a lot, holding her head up quite a bit and really noticing the dangly toys now. 

We've been discussing a second baby. I'm 33 and hubby is 36. Sometimes answer is yes, sometimes no lol. 

• Options
    Oliver will be 8 weeks Monday and is already in 3 to 6 months clothes but ours are mainly second uses.
    he loves sleeping on use.
  • Options
    Abigail has between 4oz and 6 ozs depending on the time of day so it varies between 5/6 feeds a day
  • Options
    Good morning ladies. Haven’t been on for a couple weeks, barely get any time these days to do anything with homeschooling etc. Matilda is now 10 weeks old and doing very well, she’s been sleeping through since about 5/6 weeks old and has kind of created her own routine for sleep and wake up times. She’s genuinely quite a content baby although we have the few odd days where she just wants cuddles. Still missing not seeing any family but life has been made easier now we have a car again. My two kids will potentially be going back to school in June but I’m very undecided if I want to send them yet. 
    Just need a bit more normality again and life will be easier as it’s hard to feel normal right now. 

• Options
    Aww its nice to see everyones babies..
     Nyla is 7 weeks old now she is a very calm baby and sleeping through the night and aboustly obessed with her sister hair lol 

I am copying better then i thought i would in the lockdown ..fingers cross this will be all over soon 
  • Options
    @*MrsS* i am also in 2 minds if i be sending my daughter back to nursery her nursery will be opening in june and i don't know  how they can make toddlers social distance.. breaks my heart knowing she is missing her friends and seeing the teachers ..its all just so scarey