Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

July 2020 Babies

Replies

• Options
    @Mama2be9 both are normal. Ella’s hands and feet are where the skin peeled the most. After her bath last night I gave them a rub with the towel and got most of it off then rubbed a bit of baby oil on them to moisturise them. She also has little white spots all over her nose. These are blocked pores but will eventually clear up. Jack had really bad spots but they cleared up with in a month or so. 

@thinkingpositive1 it’s been a learning curve for sure. Jack was a little nightmare yesterday and kept doing everything in his power to be naughty even weeing on the floor when he’s been doing so well on the potty for weeks. I felt terrible last night as I had to really yell at him for hitting and kicking me. He’s generally such a good kid. But I get that things have changed. Mummy’s not giving him attention as she’s got the baby and everything is baby baby baby for him at the moment. A
    really hopping it starts to calm down with him in the next few days as there is no way I can deal with his tantrums and looking after the baby whilst hubby’s working. Freaking out a little on the inside over it to be honest 
  • Options
    Thanks mamas!!! Haven’t given Elowynn a bath yet. The nurses said they don’t need to be bathed often and we could wait a month while just doing some wash cloth wiping in the meantime. 

@MrsP13 sorry to hear Jack has been acting up a bit. Everyone’s adjusting to the new member ❤️ Hope he eases up and you don’t feel as stressed by it all. That’s a lot to handle on your own. I don’t know how I’d be managing without my hubby right now. I’ve just started to be able to get out of bed on my own. I’m severely anemic after all the blood loss so I’m weak and fatigued. Plus still recovering from the cesarean and the D & C surgery. He cooks, cleans, does diapers and most of the burping. He walks with her and bounces on the ball with her etc. I’m not allowed to do many of those things yet. I do diapers and burps sometimes too. But I’ll feed her through the night and he’ll take her after to burp and change usually. This is really about team work and working together. So grateful for him 💞

My little darling has been very fussy lately and cries and wails. We are thinking it’s her digestive system not being fully mature. She seems to be uncomfortable pooping, spitting up. After a feed she sometimes seems to want to drift off to sleep but then will seem uncomfortable and squirmy and then wakes up crying. It’s not all day or at every feed, but there were a few days where it was happening on and off throughout the day. I am still on antibiotics for the infection I had and my midwife thinks that could be upsetting her tummy also. I also had brussel sprouts the other night which could have given her more gas. We ordered some infant probiotics for her to take after I’m done with the antibiotics. I’ll also take them so we both get our inner flora back string. Also ordered gripe water. Anyone use this before? Experiences?

It’s been a bit hard these past few days. It’s so hard to know what’s normal and what may he abnormal, where she’s in pain. Being first time parents is tough. I’ve hit my wall a few times with just not knowing what to do 🤷‍♀️ But then I try something new and it works to soothe her and I feel so much better. This is really a lot of trial and error. 

• Options
    Our tiny town put a lovely welcome sign up for our baby girl!! 🥰😍🙏 Such a sweet tradition they have of welcoming new babes to the community 💛

Mama & Papa snuggles 🥰 
    r o

Welcome
    sign 😄
  • Options
    @Mama2be9 how sweet is that. That’s such a lovely tradition. I’ve had some cards from neighbours and family. But no flowers?? Am I the only I’ve who thought that they’d get flowers after baby was born 🤔
    @thinkingpositive1 it’s been hard but I think jack staying at mums helped today he’s had a lot more attention from us which has helped. 
    I had a check up on my stitches today and things seam to be healing nicely the infection I had seams to be clearing up, but now there’s a possibility I’ve got a tribe infection 😖 I’ve gotta call back in Friday for the results. We’ve got the health visitor calling tomorrow ... so many appointments 
  • Options
    @MrsP13 aw, sounds like he is trying to adjust to the new addition.. my parents shouted at me as a child and it works, aslong as you're only raising your voice when they are being really naughty I dont see the harm! We have to teach them right from wrong. Once your hubby is back at work I'm sure you will be able to manage just fine you got this! Might take some time to find a routine and see what things work for you. Glad you are healing up and hope you don't have an infection!!  I dont have an appointment untill August 13th! They do things quite differently over here. 

@Mama2be9 how adorable! That is such a nice thing for them to do. Glad your partner has been good help! And hopefully in the next week you feel a lot better than you do now. Its definitely an adjustment and all so new isnt it! I thought I had educated myself so much but there are so many things I have learned in the past few weeks with our little girl! 
    She has a little bit of a rash on her eye which I think is baby acne as I've googled it and matched pictures to hers. I've been putting  watered down witch hazel on it and hoping it clears up in the next couple of days. 
  • Options
    Hi everyone, if you have a few moments, we would love your help with this thread, about what you put in your baby changing-bag. Thank you ☺️
  • Options
    @thinkingpositive1 thank you sometimes you feel like your drowning under all this but this group is a massive help. 

• Options
    @MrsP13 I know exactly how you’re feeling. Having a toddler and newborn is very hard especially when they act up. Charlie’s tantrums atm are worse than ever. I think it’s a mix of terrible 2’s and the change of having a newborn baby around all mixed together. I’m on my own with them all day every day and the strain of it is so overwhelming especially when they are both screaming 😭 the only advice I have which helps me is, if family offer to have him, let them if you’re comfortable with it. The break is so deserved. Don’t feel like you’re shipping them off and feel guilty about it as they will be more than likely having more attention wherever they go than what you can currently give them. It gives you time to ‘relax’ as best as you can. And I’ve noticed once Charlie comes back home, he’s in a great mood and behaves himself for a while
  • Options
    @Bubbles616 thank you. I did feel bad we asked mum to have him yesterday as I had an early hospital appointment in Cardiff and it made sense since we were in Cardiff the day before. And your right it made a massive difference to all of us. He was happier and much more well behaved. Hubby’s off to a stag do in a couple weeks and mums having him for us over the weekend so it’ll just be me and Ella.
    i did say to hubby that I felt bad for wanting to go shopping whilst he was at mums but he reassured me that I shouldn’t. 
    Thank you for your advice it is much needed. 
    I did explain my concerns to the health visitor today and she’s gonna come back out in 2 weeks to see how he’s getting on. Hopefully he’ll start to settle by then 
  • Options
    @MrsP13 dont feel quilty for asking your mum for a bit of help! You're doing amazing! I'm sure you're little man will adjust soon, it must be quite hard for him like you said, not having the full attention anymore must be confusing for him! 
    I couldnt imagine having another kiddo running around while having a newborn! We do want another one and want them close in age so I'm taking notes from you ladies now Haha! 
    Will probably be trying for #2 around Feb-March next year!! 
  • Options
    So Olivia has decided that from about 7pm till 11 pm she cries is fussy when feeding wriggly and won't settle this has now started in the mornings now that last two days :( I've tried Infacol bit it doesn't seem to help 
  • Options
    @thinkingpositive1 I think the younger they are when a second is born the earlier it can be. I think if jack was a year old then he might not be so prone to tantrums. 
    Hitting and throwing things at hubby and I has become a recent issue. It’s the only thing I really tell him off for. Brakes my heart hearing him cry because he’s been told off but he has to learn what he’s done wrong. 
    I don’t think it helps with sleep deprivation as my normal tolerance threshold is about half. 

@Chloe87 Ella’s been having these fussy hours between 3am and 7am. It’s like she needs to poop but doesn’t go. We’re also using infacol. Try doing little circles around her belly button and pumping her legs as well as doing cycle movements with her legs. There all little tricks to help ease wind and relieve pain from digestion. 
  • Options
    MrsP13 said:
    @thinkingpositive1 I think the younger they are when a second is born the earlier it can be. I think if jack was a year old then he might not be so prone to tantrums. 
    Hitting and throwing things at hubby and I has become a recent issue. It’s the only thing I really tell him off for. Brakes my heart hearing him cry because he’s been told off but he has to learn what he’s done wrong. 
    I don’t think it helps with sleep deprivation as my normal tolerance threshold is about half. 

@Chloe87 Ella’s been having these fussy hours between 3am and 7am. It’s like she needs to poop but doesn’t go. We’re also using infacol. Try doing little circles around her belly button and pumping her legs as well as doing cycle movements with her legs. There all little tricks to help ease wind and relieve pain from digestion.

That's what it's it's like when Olivia does it she cries out arches her back won't feed properly it was only evenings but now its mornings too I don't know if the Infacol is making her sick either we've had a few pukey burps since using it 
  • Options
    @Chloe87 poor thing. It’s possible if it continues that it could be colic. 
    Think they have to be crying consistently for a few hours every day for the doctors to consider it to be colic. Worth having a look online at the symptoms. 
    Fingers crossed she’ll start to feel better soon 
  • Options
    MrsP13 said:
    @Chloe87 poor thing. It’s possible if it continues that it could be colic. 
    Think they have to be crying consistently for a few hours every day for the doctors to consider it to be colic. Worth having a look online at the symptoms. 
    Fingers crossed she’ll start to feel better soon 
    I don't think it's colic she deffo dosent cry constantly for a few hours it's just on and off at night and morning 
  • Options
    @MrsP13 I'm sure he'll adjust to the new changes soon! Fingers crossed for you guys and sounds like you're doing a great job! 

@Chloe87 aw poor baby! Hopefully shes been doing a bit better since then! Mine has her fussy days and nights that drive me a little crazy but shes doing good for the most part. I do think  of it has to do with what I eat sometimes, so maybe pay attention to what you've eaten and see if that's something that could be setting her off?? 

We are doing great overall ! I feel like baby girl is getting bigger everyday and have noticed small changes in her. She is tracking objects and our faces with her eyes, her little legs are getting stronger with every kick! She also has been able to reach and grab a tiny bit! Cant believe  she will be a month old on Thursday!!!!!!
  • Options
    Mama2be9Mama2be9 Regular
    edited Aug 3, 2020 2:57PM
    Our little one has also been a bit fussy and cries on and off. We think it’s gas and her immature digestive system. I mean I know babies cry but what is a normal amount and a colicky amount?! 

I’ve been wondering if she has colic. They say 3hrs of crying, 3 days/week, for 3 weeks. But do they mean 3 hrs straight of crying or 3 hrs total, broken up in a day? Well she doesn’t cry for 3 hrs straight and I don’t think she cries for 3 hrs broken up. But not sure. Never really timed it. But she moans and groans while sleeping at night mainly and she doesn’t seem comfortable. She doesn’t wake up crying tho but doesn’t seem to be in a solid sleep either. It seems like my boobs are the only thing that will consistently soothe her. It’s so hard to figure out what they need and what’s wrong with them. It breaks my heart hearing her cry and not knowing what will help her besides the boob!
  • Options
    Mama2be9 said:
    Our little one has also been a bit fussy and cries on and off. We think it’s gas and her immature digestive system. I mean I know babies cry but what is a normal amount and a colicky amount?! 

I’ve been wondering if she has colic. They say 3hrs of crying, 3 days/week, for 3 weeks. But do they mean 3 hrs straight of crying or 3 hrs total, broken up in a day? Well she doesn’t cry for 3 hrs straight and I don’t think she cries for 3 hrs broken up. But not sure. Never really timed it. But she moans and groans while sleeping at night mainly and she doesn’t seem comfortable. She doesn’t wake up crying tho but doesn’t seem to be in a solid sleep either. It seems like my boobs are the only thing that will consistently soothe her. It’s so hard to figure out what they need and what’s wrong with them. It breaks my heart hearing her cry and not knowing what will help her besides the boob!
    Yeah I know the feeling I feel helpless when she's like it I don't think it's colic just trapped wind cuz once she's done a few good farts and a poo she seems to settle but can go on and off for a few hours I just wish it wasn't at night time o ended spending most of the night on the sofa last night got into bed around for but she still wouldn't settle in Moses basket so she ended up sleeping on me again till 6 am and that's how it was on the sofa I know i
    Shouldn't do it but I get so exhausted I give up and key her have her way just for some sanity 😩 my partner is back at work now so don't want to bother him during the night 

• Options
    I also fall asleep with her at the breast sometimes too... I have a tower of pillows around me though to keep her put. I also hope it isn’t colic and maybe just had bc she also feels better after a fart, burp or poop. They just have such sensitive tummy’s at this stage and they are getting used to digesting and pooping, all of it. It’s just so hard when I can’t soothe her.... 😔
  • Options
    Mama2be9 said:
    I also fall asleep with her at the breast sometimes too... I have a tower of pillows around me though to keep her put. I also hope it isn’t colic and maybe just had bc she also feels better after a fart, burp or poop. They just have such sensitive tummy’s at this stage and they are getting used to digesting and pooping, all of it. It’s just so hard when I can’t soothe her.... 😔
    I did have my maternity pillow in bed but it's too hot I tuck her in ontop of the quilt in her own blanket and I'm slightly upright  so far she hasent moved an inch and I'm always dozing never fully asleep