Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

July 2020 Babies

Replies

• Options
    Not really sure what exactly defines colic from a fussy baby, sometimes our little ones fussy too even after a good feed. The only thing that will settle her is swinging or bouncing her around! I've also slept with her on my chest while sitting/laying on the couch. I make sure to have my arms propped up and pillows all around us, usually she is laying on her belly on my chest and doesn't move at all
  • Options
    Anyone else’s little baby just constantly breastfeeding 😭😭 it’s so exhausting, she’s been wanting it constantly since 6am. Send help! X
  • Options
    Not really sure what exactly defines colic from a fussy baby, sometimes our little ones fussy too even after a good feed. The only thing that will settle her is swinging or bouncing her around! I've also slept with her on my chest while sitting/laying on the couch. I make sure to have my arms propped up and pillows all around us, usually she is laying on her belly on my chest and doesn't move at all
    Same ones she's settled there she is in a really deep sleep she dosent move and when she wakes I feel her moving I ended up on the sofa again at 4 this morning she woke for a feed and the fussing crying / screaming started agin not feeding so I ended up packing the lounge kitchen bouncing her for about an hour eventually she did go off and we slept on sofa til 6.30 my oh woke us up I got back into bed fed her and we slept till half 9 🙌 she settled well last night down by 8.30 (no bed time fussing but it happend 4am instead) woke at 1 for feed back in basket slept till just before 4 am when she awoke in her fussy rage 🤣🤣 but I'd in all honesty I preferred it that way round as I got a decent night's sleep instead of it happening at 10pm when I'm exhausted and trying to settle an unhappy baby I hope this phase passes soon it's hard work  
  • Options
    Lou2401 said:
    Anyone else’s little baby just constantly breastfeeding 😭😭 it’s so exhausting, she’s been wanting it constantly since 6am. Send help! 

Growth spurt or cluster feeding to up supply ? 
  • Options
    Lou2401 said:
    Anyone else’s little baby just constantly breastfeeding 😭😭 it’s so exhausting, she’s been wanting it constantly since 6am. Send help! X
    This is why im currently doing 50/50 breastfeeding and formula because my little girl is constantly hungry if she only has breast milk, she doesn't fill up and doesn't sleep either. So that's why I spoken to my health visitor and started formula just to top her up. And now she sleeps better and slowly getting patterns which is reassuring and she doesn't cry like before she is more settled.
  • Options
    @Chloe87 those nights are nice! I agree I'd rather the fussing and crying in the early morning compared to middle of the night! We had an okay night last night, slept from 11-2 but then she was up till 6am, then slept from 6-8! I like to nap with her during the day when I can. She seems to have a few sleepy days and then a few where shes wide awake what feels like alllll day and night lol!! 

@Lou2401 yes!! Sometimes my baby girl tells me shes hungry by shoving her hands in her mouth not even 10min after she just ate! I keep telling her you cant be hungry still! I think it can be a comfort thing sometimes if they have an upset belly I notice her more nibbling on the boob more than sucking if that makes sense.. I have been giving her a pacifier/soother and it has helped put her to sleep a few nights. 

@Ayana that's great you are starting to get a routine with baby girl and less crying!! Sounds like she is happier and I bet you are too! It can be hard to figure out what they want sometimes!! I can usually settle her but sometimes she likes to cry just to be heard and then when you start talking to her she goes quiet lol!!
  • Options
    Ayana said:
    Lou2401 said:
    This is why im currently doing 50/50 breastfeeding and formula because my little girl is constantly hungry if she only has breast milk, she doesn't fill up and doesn't sleep either. So that's why I spoken to my health visitor and started formula just to top her up. And now she sleeps better and slowly getting patterns which is reassuring and she doesn't cry like before she is more settled.
    Can I ask how your doing this are you doing formula during the night ?? Olivia is also hungry all of the time it's exhausting 
  • Options
    @Chloe87 those nights are nice! I agree I'd raive hadthad athe fussing and crying in the early morning compared to middle of the night! We had an okay night last night, slept from 11-2 but then she was up till 6am, then slept from 6-8! I like to nap with her during the day when I can. She seems to have a few sleepy days and then a few where shes wide awake what feels like alllll day and night lol!! 

@Lou2401 yes!! Sometimes my baby girl tells me shes hungry by shoving her hands in her mouth not even 10min after she just ate! I keep telling her you cant be hungry still! I think it can be a comfort thing sometimes if they have an upset belly I notice her more nibbling on the boob more than sucking if that makes sense.. I have been giving her a pacifier/soother and it has helped put her to sleep a few nights. 

@Ayana that's great you are starting to get a routine with baby girl and less crying!! Sounds like she is happier and I bet you are too! It can be hard to figure out what they want sometimes!! I can usually settle her but sometimes she likes to cry just to be heard and then when you start talking to her she goes quiet lol!

Had a better night last night down about half 11 up ever couple hours 4 feed but today has been horrible she's non stopped cried and screamed all day barely slept not fed properly again called the doctor but wasn't really interested! I feel like I'm failing the breast feeding is taking its toll I'm starting to express bit only got 3 Oz out one express tonight 
  • Options
    @Chloe87 hopefully she sleeps good tonight then! You're not failing, you're doing amazing and giving her everything she needs. I know some days are just really hard mentally and physically. 3oz is great! I've pumped a few times and the most I got out of both breasts was 2.5oz put together.
    I just got an electric pump in the mail today so I'm hoping that will work better than my manual pump. 
  • Options
    @Chloe87 are you on fb? There’s a group called breastfeeding yummy mummies (ignore the name 🤣) and the group has so much info and help on there it’s been soooo useful for me, so might help you too xx
  • Options
    @Chloe87 hopefully she sleeps good tonight then! You're not failing, you're doing amazing and giving her everything she needs. I know some days are just really hard mentally and physically. 3oz is great! I've pumped a few times and the most I got out of both breasts was 2.5oz put together.
    I just got an electric pump in the mail today so I'm hoping that will work better than my manual pump. 
    She slept untill 1 fed and then again untill 4 now she's up and back to the screaming 😩 I started with a hand pump but it was super difficult so I bought a double electronic on eBay for 15 quid seems to do the job ok 
  • Options
    Lou2401 said:
    @Chloe87 are you on fb? There’s a group called breastfeeding yummy mummies (ignore the name 🤣) and the group has so much info and help on there it’s been soooo useful for me, so might help you too xx
    Yea I am I'm also on another breast feeding support group aswell but I'll add this one too thank you 
  • Options
    Morning ladies sorry I’ve been a bit Mia things have been a bit hectic. 
    Great to see so many of you breast feeding. I tried with Ella but she would spend 20mins trying to latch and just getting frustrated so I switched to a hand pump to express and topping up with formula. Like a lot of you I also found Ella was unsettled with breast milk she much preferred formula. To be honest I found it difficult to try and get expressing in as well as taking care of her and jack so we are now formula fed only. She’s doing really well which is great. She weighed in at 9lbs6oz when she was weighed last Thursday so she’s almost an extra pound heavier than birth. 
    We’ve been struggling with jacks behaviour lots of hitting kicking and peeing in the floor. He’s now started waking up at night. So hubby and I have been a bit extra sleep deprived but hopefully we’re starting to turn a corner. This week is my first week with both of them. It’s been interesting but surprisingly I’ve been able to cope a lot better than I expected. 
    Hubby’s off in a stag do this weekend so I’ve asked mum to have jack so it’ll be just me and Ella which will be nice. 
    Things look to be on the mend with my stitches there feeling ten times better than they did last week. I’ve got an appointment to double check them again in a week. 
    We’ve also got another appointment for Ella’s heating check as her right ear came back unclear until hospital so we’ll get it double checked now next week. I think it was due to a lot of fluid she had in her lungs and ears after birth as she was bad for a couple days after birth with it. 
    Hope you’re all doing well and babies are growing nicely too 😊Did my first solo shop with them both yesterday. 

• Options

Here is a preview of one of the photos we had done on the father's Day comp came runner up in 
  • Options
    @Chloe87 that's not a bad deal hopefully you get lots of use out of it. Only used my electric one a few times and it's been decent, I like the manual one for when I'm feeding one side and can pump the other. Very cute picture!! Shes adorable. 

@MrsP13 aw, wondering how you were doing with hubby back at work.. so glad you are finding it easier than expected! Sounds like your son might take a little bit to get adjusted to not getting 100% of the attention!!! That will be nice to have the weekend with just you and baby girl! Also glad to hear your stitches have healed really well that great! How did the shopping trip go? They both look so cute and happy in the photo!!! 

Still dealing with a fussy baby, over the last 40ish hours she has just been so fussy and wont sleep unless on my chest, she usually does 2-3hr stretches in her bassinet but the last day and night has been rough.. not really sure why.. her temp is good, not spitting up any more than normal, just extra fussy and attention seeking!! Hopefully it's over soon! 

• Options
    My cry baby 😄
  • Options
    My cry baby 😄
    Mine was up at 4 am 😩
  • Options
    @Chloe87 that’s such a cute photo. We should be getting ours in the post soon from our bump and newborn shoot. Can’t wait to have them. 

@thinkingpositive1 shopping trip went really well I got everything we needed. Jack did try to take Ella’s dummy (pacifier) a few times despite him never wanting one as a baby. Thankfully I had a spare so he could mess around with one and not take his sisters. I did have to feed her in the car after I packed all the shopping in it but all in all it was ok. 
    Poor little baba crying 😢 hopefully it won’t be for to much slinger and she’ll start to settle. 

Ella’s started going for 3 hours without a feed last night so I have my fingers crossed this is a new normal and I can do a little more in between her naps. She has fussy periods but it’s normally around the time she needs a poop 💩 
  • Options
    @MrsP13 that's great it went smooth for the most part! And I'm impressed you got everything you needed, I always forget something Haha!! 

Thank you, she did have a bit better of a night and slept from 10-1:15 and then 2.30-4 again from 5-6.40 the last 2 stretches were in her bassinet which was great cause the last few days shes only been sleeping for 45min stretches and only if shes on my chest!  
    That's great Ella is getting a regular sleep pattern of some sort! Hopefully she sticks to it for you.