Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in December 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in December 2017 - Part 2

Replies

• Options

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F361930422402

Decided against getting the matching changing bag to the pram we got..was thinking about getting this one, what you think? I'm not sure how big it needs to be but this looks like it wouldn't be in the way x

• Options

That looks like a decent size... some of them are SO big aren't they! As long as you can fit a few nappies, pack of wipes, change of clothes and a muslin in then should be good. Oh, and space for bottles if you're bottle feeding.

• Options

I've got a plain black 1 as partner was moaning saying he will be using it too, wanted a yummy mummy 1 !! Got mine from argos think it was £10, great size aswell with changing mat. 

• Options

Confession... I have 3 Yummy Mummy changebags 🤣

Just had a growth scan (32+4)  and he's still measuring bang on. Estimated weight today 4lb 8oz. And hurrah, he was head down!

• Options

Gemma iv never heard of the yummy mummy ones before so just Googled, they are on the pricey side arnt they! They are nice though, yea my partner was saying I need to get one he can use as well so just going to get the black one, iv spent far to long looking now, just didn't want to pay £60 for the matching one to the pram xx 

• Options

Thuper yay I'm glad all is going well with baby :D  xx

• Options

Hi everyone, we were hoping you would help us out with this thread. We're asking, when you were trying to conceive, how long did it take you to fall pregnant, and how old were you? Please do come and tell us on this new thread. Thank you. 

• Options

Oh and here he is (again). He's got his Daddy's nose 😂

• Options

So cute thuper!! ❤️

• Options

I didn't want to be spending to much either on a bag, I've got the quinny moodd so goes nicely with the white frame and black carrycot and seat unit, I'm happy with it. Lol thumper you have 3 of them, all you need to do is decide which 1 to use first, great scan photo, proper clear there aswell.

• Options

Its not quite as bad as it sounds, one is a small one, one I won in a competition, and the other 1 I got on sale. I kept meaning to sell them but instead they've sat in a box for a few years. 

And yes, I wasn't expecting such a clear pic at 32 weeks! My daughter sat clutching it for an hour after school 😍

• Options

Gemma that sounds really nice, I love it when things match :D xx

Thuper that's so cute 😍 how exciting it must be to be expecting a new brother! My mum had me and my brother a year apart so I don't remember, I wished and wished for a sister didn't get one haha xx

I'm so on edge :( I don't know why but when I go out I start having panic attacks and feeling sick, I got my self in a right state today, all I had to do was get a taxi to aldi it's like 5 mins in the car and I had a melt down an hour before I booked the taxi for :( I used to get them when I was in my teens but all of the sudden like this last month they have turned up again and it's awful..don't know if it's because I'm a bit of a control freak and I like to be organised but the kitchen is still being done and the babys getting closer and I'm worried the house won't be ready and I won't have everything, downstairs looks like a bombs hit it with all the work going on, and I can't stand mess and stuff being untidy (I know God help me when he's born and starts making mess 😂) :( but I don't know why this would effect me going out? But it's all I can think of as to why my anxiety and panic attacks are back, could it be the hormones? Can anyone relate? Or what you think it could be? Because I think I'm an absolute disasters mess and I need putting in a bin 😂 Xx

• Options

Rebecca sorry to hear you are having a rough time. I do feel a lot more anxious, especially when i’m on my own. I get really panicked and stressed and end up in tears.

Ive been in hospital for the last week because of pain with my unicornate uterus (half a womb that is on the left side) they’ve said he could come at any time and i’m having to take codine and oromorph regularly just to get out of bed. They said it is better for him to be exposed to the drugs than be born this early but i feel so guilty every time i take painkillers! i’m only 31 weeks so i know it wouldn’t be good if he came now but im in so much pain.

I’ve decided i am going to have an elective C-Section because i have a higher chance of complications but my mother in law has been giving me a really hard time about it. She says it’s not natual and its a cop out and it’s really getting me down. Our relationship with my partners side of the family has gone down hill since i’ve been pregnant and it makes things so hard.

Sorry for the negative post, ive been wanting to post about this for so long but i’ve been trying to muddle on with a smile on my face and pretend everything is okay. 

• Options

C-section a cop out? it sounds bloody hard work to me, recovering and looking after a baby is going to be tough no matter which way they come! Who cares how these babies get out, just come out healthy and give us a cuddle! 

Just ordered my last bits!! Husband hasn’t paid any interest in buying anything - just let me get on with it with lots of moaning about how many parcels we get delivered! makes me nervous as it’s my responsibility she has everything she needs. 

I have been getting anxious too. Trying to run a new business and not knowing when/if I’ll get any real maternity leave is panicing me!

x

• Options

I definately don't think c-section is a cop out! Annoys me when people make judgement on things like this. Our bodies and we have every right to choose what we feel is best. Hannah - it must be awful for you being in so much pain :( now I feel bad for moaning about swollen feet 

I took the day off yesterday to go shopping but still feel like I have a ton of stuff to get! I bought my 'labour' nightie which made things REAL. I'm starting to get nervous now...can't believe its our last full month starting tomorrow. Exciting tho!!

3 weeks left in work and baby shower on Sunday. Then I've got my 34 week appt on Monday. I'm wondering if she will discuss birth plan (knowing my midwife - probably not!) xx

• Options

Leanne and hannah must be a pregnancy thing then if it's not just me feeling anxious, Not long till it goes away again then :) xx

Omg hannah sorry to hear that you are in pain :( a c section is not a cop out and she has no right to tell you that, you are his mother no matter how he gets here, what's her problem, If I was her I wouldn't care, it's not her body or decision to make, tell her to keep her beak out lol my relationship with his parents isn't brilliant so you arnt alone, his mum evolves her self way to much in our business and trys to control stuff it's really irritating but yea so do what's best for you hun :) xx

Leanne I know how you feel iv felt for most of the pregnancy that buying stuff has been down to me, he always says there's loads of time to get it...my partner just has a way to chilled approach to everything and he really needs to realise there's a baby coming and if it wasn't for me buying stuff he would have absolutely nothing apart from 1 outfit and a coat he got him xx

How do I let the midwifes know my birth plan? I don't know how it works...I basically just want an epidural...is that a choice or do they decided if I get that? X

• Options

Hannah, so sorry you've been in pain and in hospital. Your MIL definitely needs to butt out!!! A c-section sounds like the safest and most sensible option on your situation.

Rebecca, I think hormones probably are the reason your anxiety is high. It's not something I suffer from myself but I know from friends experiences theirs has been worse when pregnant. I did laugh about you saying you need putting in the bin though - that's what we joke about doing with the children when they're being unreasonable 😂

I think it is the 36 week midwife appointment when they discuss your birth plan with You, although that may vary from area to area.

• Options

Rebecca- I'm sure it's a choice. I'm basically putting open to anything on my birth plan lol. Not ruling anything out. I'd love to have water birth with just gas and air but I'm sure I will want the epidural when in pain so if I want it I'm going to ask for it.

I'm maternity led which means all going well I'll start on the maternity led unit in my hosptial (which I've heard such good reviews on - people have said it's like a hotel with pools in every room and rooms for you and your partner) but if I do want the epidural I'll be moved upstairs to labour unit which is more hospital like  and not as relaxed.

So hard to plan isnt it as you don't know how it will go and especially for us first timers, don't know what to expect or know how we will deal with pain. Have to keep remembering we get gorgeous little babies after it tho :) x

• Options

Hi everyone, Happy Halloween! If you have a child already, and you guys 'do' Halloween, please come and share a pic of your carved pumpkin or your child dressed up, and we'll pick a random winner this week, for a lovely little prize! Couldn't be easier - just post on this thread here! 

• Options

Had an appointment with a consultant today. It was fairly pointless really, everything is currently fine (touch wood it stays that way) but as my 36 week scan is already booked it can happen as planned. He doesn't need to see me again though unless something changes drastically by next scan.

Meanwhile I've been feeling pretty uncomfortable today, but my pregnancy ball has arrived so I will drape myself over that later and make hubby rub my back 😉