Forum home Birth clubs Due in November 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in November 2019 - Part 3

Replies

• Options
    I thought they had a MLU in every hospital! Its been a real eye opener as to how different all the Trusts are! 

@EvelynsMummy6390 how funny are you that you kept sending your husband home 🤣
  • Options
    Hey ladies, 

I have currently been at the hospital for 9 days....... recovery from C section was going well till they said my pulse is high, ecg scans were abnormal and my temperature was high so they said it was an infection, rushed me back to the delivery ward gave me loads of antibiotics treating a chest and urine infection then sent me back to the labour ward. Then had 2 days of trying to recover only to have another bad night, was peeing every 30mins. Since last night I’ve been feeling normal again but they keep saying my temp is High but my urine came back with no signs of infection so they are now back to square one and will be retesting for everything again.........

I’m not really happy because from the beginning I was telling them that my wound is really painful it has a burning sensation when I move and they kept saying oh that’s normal just for them to turn around and say they need to make sure it’s not that. Also on my third night I passed a blood clot the size of my palm and the midwife that worked the night shift said it looked placental but she didn’t note it down for the morning staff, I kept chasing and no dr ever came to see me about it but now all of a sudden they want to scan to make sure there are no remains inside. 

Sorry for the long rant I’m not in the best space right now, really thought to discharge myself today because Im really fed up. So over everything 😢
  • Options
    @Neenaricci sorry to hear you are having such a horrible time. Hope you start to feel better soon and can go home so you can recover properly x
  • Options
    @Neenaricci sorry you're having such an awful time. I hope they sort it properly this time and you can get home. How is the little one getting on?

I'm absolutely dying tonight out of nowhere. Runny nose, headache, muscles hurt. I'm clutching at straws and praying it could be a sign of impending labour as I've heard an old wives tale, but realistically I think the whole house will wake up ill tomorrow :( x
  • Options
    @EvelynsMummy6390 that’s how I started a few days before my waters went, I had a runny nose and cold like symptoms so fingers crossed 🤞 
  • Options
    If cold and runny nose is anything to go by, my husband is about to give birth to this baby for me! How many times does one man need to blow his nose and then groan about it??...🙄 I may send him to sleep in the spare room tonight, 1. I don't want it, and 2 I'm up enough through the night just to turn over, I can't be doing with not sleeping next to man flu all night. 

Has anyone got any tried and tested natural inducement techniques? I'm desperate to have this baby start normally, really don't fancy being induced next week. The internet seems to think a hot curry, pineapple and raspberry leaf tea. Oh and sex. I'm kind of hoping not all at the same time? 😂

• Options
    @Nikkinarno this is how I started with my daughter but it could be a coincidence. It doesn't feel like a full on cold, just a bit run down!

@Bluehawaii90 I'm hoping this doesn't pass to my hubby. He's already competing for whose got a sorer back and whose the tiredest. I don't even mention it now, just go about my day. As for inducing labour I reckon a gym ball to bounce on will at least start baby moving down the birth canal if he's engaged. I took raspberry leaf tea aswell last time as it apparently helps the cervix contract more efficiently although not necessarily start things off. Could you try your midwife again for a sweep before you're due for induction and hopefully that will work? (Something tells me you already have one booked in?) 
  • Options
    Good morning all
    Just been reading all posts not posted much.
    Congratulations to all who have had your babies.
    I am currently 40+4 and it’s my induction day. Had a sweep on Tuesday thought things were moving obviously not 🙄.
    I read that someone had mucus which had a tinge of green to it? I had this also, last week then when I had a sweep it was blood stained (sorry TMI)
    So today is D-day for us. 

Been induced for all my babies so I don’t know what it feels like to go naturally which I’m gutted about. Don’t know why I thought things would have been different this time. Probably been reading too much waffle about it being a different partner and how that can change things. 
    Im obviously keeping them too cosy 😂. 
    Good luck to all you ladies who are hoping they meet their little ones soon. Xx
  • Options
    @Newbeginnings2 good luck with induction! I hope it's quick and baby is here soon for you! You obviously are just far too cosy and your babies don't want to leave ❤️
  • Options
    Scan this morning went fine and baby is estimated 7lb 1oz which is bigger than I thought. So it’s back to the waiting game until sweep on 26th for me!
  • Options
    Welcome @Newbeginnings2 lovely to have you here - please do keep us posted won't you? 
    @Neenaricci we can't believe you're still in hospital after all this time, you must be climbing the walls to get out of there. Has Kiyomi-Li been with you at the hospital all this time too? Please keep us up to date and really hope you are discharged soon. 

• Options
    How’s everyone feeling? The midwife has really confused me today; my last few appointments have shown the baby as measuring big so I was told if she’s big again at 38 weeks they’d book me a scan... she was measuring big at my appointment today so I asked if I needed a scan.. the midwife was then umming and arring because the baby has been ‘consistently’ big? She said she’d give me a call but didn’t hear anything.

surely consistently big is still big? I don’t want to give birth to an elephant 🙈
  • Options
    @lpop I suppose it depends on trust but I was told they won't do anything further for a baby that has tracked big throughout unless it's getting towards the 4.5kg mark - so 9lb14 or 9lb15.

It's easier said than done but try not to worry. If I can birth a 9lb7 baby, and I'm a wuss, you'll do great. And there's always doctors about to make a call if it really comes to it. That said it wouldn't hurt to ring in the morning, explain you're worried and ask if they can please scan you for peace of mind :) x
  • Options
    Thanks @EvelynsMummy6390

it was more just because she was very concerned at 36 weeks and now it’s the same 2 weeks later she doesn’t seem bothered so I can’t see what’s changed. My boyfriend was 10lb when he was born so we was always expected a sumo baby even though I’m only (or was before pregnancy) 8st 😂
  • Options
    @Lpop they don't know if they're coming or going. I went for my 36 week growth scan (my 3rd one!) and she asked why I was even being scanned??? 
  • Options
    😂 

I made the mistake of telling my midwife I’d been having really small palpitations and she was ready to send me off to A&E. I was like oooo no I’ve not got one now; but she wanted me to go anyway. I think I’d still be waiting in A&E now with them wondering what to do with me! 
  • Options
    @Lpop I've been measuring consistently big for dates since first measurement at 30 weeks or whenever it was, always at the very top line. Baby has also measured big since 20 week scan, they are currently estimating him to be 8lb 3oz at 37 + 4 . Thing is, his sister was 8lb 10oz so logically, surely she was "measuring big for dates" you would think? No. Last hospital scan I had with her was 20 weeks, none of this stress, extra scans etc. So it really does make me wonder what is going off. They have me down for induction on 24th, but with any luck I won't need it. 

I've been getting palpitations since about 20 weeks (same time they started saying he might be big, oddly). GP did ECG and also sent me for a week long heart monitor but all came back clear. My midwife caught sight of the monitor and was like "why have you got that on? Palpitations can be normal in pregnancy!" So who knows 😣

• Options
    I sometimes get palpitations too, my bump has measured big through out but all my growth scans have appeared to be average. 
    Cant believe baby is 11 days late today! Myself and everyone else thought I’d be early especially measuring 2 weeks ahead the whole way through! Looks like I’m getting induced tomorrow, x
  • Options
    @Bluehawaii90 @loz27 Yeah I googled palpitations and it pretty much said they’re normal which is why I thought A&E immediately was a bit OTT 😂😂

Im going to ring the midwife today I think and see what’s happening about my sizing. I’m always above the top line too :/ 

I wish things weren’t so inconsistent! X 
  • Options
    @Loz27 You must be so frustrated! At least things will get moving tomorrow. I’m not even late yet and I’m frustrated 😂