Forum home Birth clubs Due in April 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in April 2019

Replies

• Options

Thank you hope again. Your pain sounds rotten. I hope it eases off for you xx 

Thankyou Danielle! If you’d have told me 2 weeks ago i was about to join another baby group I wouldn’t have believed you 😂

• Options

Congratulations Louise!!

Thanks for all the advice everyone, I think I'll give the department a ring and see whats going on!

• Options

Thank you shaz xx 

• Options

Hi I’m Abbie (25), just found out I’m expecting my first after a Month of trying. Experienced a lot of symptoms right away. Have first drs appointment at the end of the month. Does anyone know what happens at your first appointment ? Many thanks x

• Options

Welcome Abbie and congratulations. 

I had my first GP appointment last week, he just asked how far along I thought I was, whether I wanted to go ahead with it, then asked if I smoke or drink. He then set up my first midwife appointment which will be next week. 

My first pregnancy too.

• Options

Hi Abbie2505, welcome and huge congratulations - that's amazing you fell pregnant so fast! Were you shocked? 

• Options

Congratulations Abbie xxx It is your first midwife appt that is the first useful appt really. Are you in England? The first midwife appt in England is quite a long one - about an hour. They take all your details and check blood pressure, weight etc. They may take blood tests - I can't remember if that's at the first one or not. They will also arrange your first scan at 12 weeks xx 

• Options

Thank you so much, congratulations to everyone! Thanks for the heads up on the Drs appointment. I have a one hour long appointment booked in and I thought that was a long time! I do have medical things in the background (seizures) so was wondering if an hour was normal or not? 

Lets say say we were expecting  little more fun would be required lol. X

• Options

Yes one hour is the standard for the first appt as they take a lot of notes xx 

• Options

Thank you Louise 111. :D

• Options

image hey ladies hope it's okay for me to join :) 

We wasn't trying nor not trying either but here we are 

We have 4 girls already 

Im due 20th April according to my last period x

• Options

Congratuations Abbie! We’re the same age and due in the same month! :)

Congratuations mammatoo2girlies! 

Im not sure how the appointments work in England as I’m in N.Ireland however I’ll update you all on my apps! I rang the hospital to check when my midwife appointment would be, they confirmed that my first midwife appointment and scan would all be done on the same appointment between weeks 12-14! And I’m just to wait for the letter! Slightly disappointed :( I’m a bit worried as this is my first! I’ve booked myself into the early pregnancy clinic at my hospital just to be sure! 

Anyone else been told told their first appointment isn’t until week 12 or after??

• Options

Congratulations ! 

• Options

Congratulations girlmum!! 

• Options

Girlmum I bet all you get asked is whether you want a boy! I have 5 boys and 1 girl so I’m the opposite to you 😃

• Options

We really do want a boy 😂🤞 obviously happy either way! 

We wasn't planning on falling so quickly as didn't plan but didnt prevent either, at least this baby isn't due in july or augusy we have 3 birthdays within 2 weeks of each other 😂 

Congrats louise 111 do you have a preference of gender? 

How did you get all those boys 😍

• Options

How old is everyones else's children? 

I have scarlett just turned 7 on saturday, Isabelle just turned 6 on july 28th, bella 5, and Esmae Just turned 2 yesterday 😬😍🙈 

• Options

Hi everyone 

I’m due around 13 April, we‘re not telling anyone for at least a few weeks and feel like I’ve known ages already!! I already have a boy (5) and that was after a miscarriage so I’m already feeling quite worried 😬. I’ve never joined a forum before but after reading some of your comments its helped me chill out a bit already ☺️ 

How is everyone else feeling in the way of symptoms? I have sore boobs and can feel my Heartbeat all over my body, if that makes sense! 

• Options

Im feeling fine, no sore boobs (although still breastfeeding the 2 year old so maybe thats why haha) no headache no nausea completely different to my other pregnancys in the early days x

• Options

Hi Lailalolo, welcome! 

I also feel like I've known for ages, but it's only been a week. I'm about 6 weeks and have had sore boobs for 2 weeks, had insane hunger for about 3 weeks and been tiered and emotional since what must have been conception! This past 4/5 days I've had nausea most of the day, but only been sick once. I'm not enjoying it so far, and it's only week 6!

I had always thought I'd be one of those women who just love the whole thing. I just hope it improves!

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions