Forum home Birth clubs Due in April 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in April 2019 - Part 2

Replies

• Options

I’m 12+6 and was also wondering if any of you ladies have got a bump yet? Sometimes I think I’m convincing myself I do lol but think I’m just a bit bloated.

Its my first and I’ve read that it can take longer for you to get a bump the first time. I’ve also only put on about 2lbs!!

The only 1st trimester symptom I still seem to have is the tiredness, and sometimes a little bit of nausea but not too bad!!

Enjoy Tenerife, I love it there, which part are you at?

• Options

Ohhh cloudlover, do it how exciting! :D 

Thank you Brookes, I feel like such a lucky Mumma with one of each. Yes I did show then, but this is my second and they tend to show quicker. Is this your first? Enjoy the rest of your holiday :) i don't think i showed very early with my first though, maybe i did by 20 weeks or so :)

I'l take a photo of the bump later, its really popped. People who don't know i'm pregnant at work have said 'Congratulations do you know what you're having?' when looking at me. It scares me though that I'm going to be the size of a whale by the end of it :O

Aw Bella you might have hun, you'll know you do when you wake up in the morning and its still there, bloat tends to creep on more as the day goes on :)

• Options

Brookes I’m 14+1 today and ive got a bump makes it start to feel real this is my first as well so it’s nice to have a little something there xx 

• Options

I’m 15+6 now - and I’m a teeny tiny size 6, and definitely have a bump. Also my first baby 🤭 x

• Options

Thanks Bella, we’re in las Americas (if that’s how you spell it 😂) but the weather isn’t great ☹️ 

I hope one day I get one of each too. Yeah this is my first baby, i had a massive bump this morning when I woke up but im Not sure if that was because I was bursting for a wee haha sometimes I think I have them sometimes I think it’s in my head. I think my close friends would probably notice but not others like work colleagues etc. 

Ahh have you chkitty, have you only just noticed it now? I hope im Not going to be huge 🙄 x

• Options

*then

• Options

Brookes I started getting a bit from 12 weeks onwards I’d say I’m not skinny but I have noticed it, probably sounds funny but think baby lays on the left and have a little more of a sticky out bit on belly, not sure whether that’s possible but that’s what I tell myself! 

before we know it we‘ll be half way! X

• Options

Folk keep looking at my stomach. I can’t tell if they suspect I’m pregnant or they know I’m putting weight on (as I lost 4 stone by about Feb but then life got in the way and 2 stone found me again) but I think a few suspect. I’m not telling everyone on Facebook til Christmas, poss new year as to be honest I’m enjoying the peace before the questions.

i am going to go for a private gender scan as it still worried me baby didn’t move never mind me jumping up and down for the hospital scan. Going to book that for 4 weeks today as it’s £40 in the day which ain’t bad. 

• Options

Try not to worry about the baby not moving during the scan, Dawyldthing. I had an early scan at 10.5 weeks and baby didn’t move at all, even when I moved around in diff positions. Then my scan at 12 weeks wouldn’t stop moving around! So I think it just depends on baby’s mood at the time lol

I think I’m going to keep the gender a surprise! Got a private scan booked anyway before 20 weeks just to see how things are going though!

• Options

I started getting a bump around 8 weeks, thought it was too early but it never went! I actually lost weight elsewhere, my hips etc which made my bump more pronounced.  I'm now 13+4 and it's noticeable to others!!

Back in Portugal today for the funeral, hope all this flying is okay 😬

My hubby is so worried about me carrying anything he gave me strict instructions about what bag I could take, basically a tiny little rucksack!! Bless him he feels bad he couldn't come out with me.

• Options

Oh dear I hope carrying heavy stuff isn't too dangerous for baby?!

I have to carry around a two stone one year old & lift his buggy in/out of car etc! 

This pregnancy seems to be flying by compared to my first. Can't believe in 6 months I might have a newborn & an 18 month old!

Returning to work shortly from maternity leave so having to deal with nursery! returning to work & still sleep deprivation, thought it would be sorted by now. 

• Options

Im 14 + 1 today too. No proper bump yet

• Options

Aoefie I have said to him that mum's have to carry baby's around but he's just stressing, I think the advice is to not to heavy lifting but I'm sure a child or buggy is okay 🙂

• Options

My bump is big now, you can 100% tell im pregnant. It’s my second so thats meant to make a different but my god I hope I don’t keep growing at this rate! I’m 15+5 and feeling huge. I lost nearly 2 stone a year ago so I can get away with some of my bigger clothes at the minute but I’m mainly in maternity bottoms and maternity or lose fitting tops! 

Has anyone got their 20 week app through? Mine is the 16th Nov, cant Wait to find out if it’s pink or blue!! 

• Options

Lailalolo my appointment is 28 November but I’ve got a private scan on 4 November 😊

• Options

God wonder why mine looks like it’s coming along then already at 12+5 🤷🏽‍♀️ Gonna have A huge pot belly at this rate arent I 

• Options

They booked me in for my 20 week when I was there for my 12 week scan. I’m booked for 11th December but I’m going to go for a gender scan on 15th November as a) I’ll know the gender for my birthday and b) I’ll know it before midwife app as that’s dayafter and c) it’s in case they don’t see it at the 20 week scan as I think it might be pot luck if they find out (if it’s based on my 12 week scan)

• Options

Heres a random one for you all - do you find your bust go fuzzy when it feels like baby must be moving or something? I’m utterly convinced that’s what it is as it happens in stages

• Options

Just a quick question ladies my midwife told me from 12  I have to take 75mg of aspirin daily until baby arrives I’ve onlh just noticed the pack says do not take if pregnant or breastfeeding im just worries that I’ve been taking them for 2 weeks but not sure why midwife would’ve said it was ok if they weren’t? 

• Options

Chkitty 75mg aspirin is ok. Just make sure you don't take 300mg a day by accident! It improves blood flow in uterus and it's safe to take and recommended in certain situations :)