Forum home Birth clubs Due in August 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in August 2020

Replies

• Options
    Hey! I found out on 9 December that I'm pregnant! Miscarried at 8 weeks in September so super nervous this time. I have no kiddies. So this is my second pregnancy. I feel like this one will be a full termer. I have a good feeling.

VickyK - I would get a blood test if I were you. You're definitely pregnant lol but it's wise to monitor your HCG (preg hormone) levels throughout your pregnancy. High HCG is a good sign of a healthy pregnancy. For example last pregnancy which I lost, my HCG levels were low all the way through along with other signs, but this time around my HCG is really high and rising really fast, so it's just nice to know as a reassurance for times when you get those creepy crampies or spotting and you're like 'is everything ok down there??' Well your HCG will help give you an idea to ease your mind. BTW I'm not a professional so what ever your doc says is what you should listen to.. just thought you might like to know, cos you were sure whether to go get a blood test. My opinion is yes. :)

Grace77, Cramps like your period even with brown spotting are (I've been told) normal. I had them this pregnancy too - but my HCG is rising really fast so I'm not as worried. Don't stress. I find when my stress gets too high, I start cramping. Just relax and get a HCG test and I'm sure you'll enjoy your Oz trip (lol I live in Oz haha). If you get any severe pains or if you get clots or red blood or tissue (hard to know what that is if you've not miscarried or given birth before I guess) go straight to emergency department. Don't feel stupid. They will hopefully be able to run a few tests to reassure you if that happens but your symptoms sound like normal healthy pregnancy (my opinion only based on my own experiences).

J82 - Goodluck! Hopefully this will be your sticky baby. I know the fear you experience after a miscarriage that it might happen again, so I know how you feel, but stay positive and I hope everything goes well with this baby.

BTW my syptoms: My boobs have been HURTING lol for about a week and a half and i've had loads of cramps on and off. mostly mild, but had a few nasty cramps that sent me to emergency the other night due to stress. I've taken a week off work, because clearly the stress was causing problems. I really want this one to stick so I'm being very careful and nervous. Once my stress levels reduced, my cramps went back to mild/barely even there. I've had brown spotting on and off for  the past week and a half - that's why I tested early - spotting. I've had nausea and loads of mood swings and every time I drink ginger ale, I get sick - bugger cos it's yummy lol. Dizziness has been unbelievable too. My HCG was 25 on the 10/12/19, then 400 on the 16/12/19 and now its 1200 18/12/19! Yay! I'm nervous about the spotting and cramps but the HCG is great so I'm positive about it.

Sorry for the waffle..

Goodluck everyone with your pregnancies!!
  • Options
    Hey! I found out on 9 December that I'm pregnant! Miscarried at 8 weeks in September so super nervous this time. I have no kiddies. So this is my second pregnancy. I feel like this one will be a full termer. I have a good feeling.

VickyK - I would get a blood test if I were you. You're definitely pregnant lol but it's wise to monitor your HCG (preg hormone) levels throughout your pregnancy. High HCG is a good sign of a healthy pregnancy. For example last pregnancy which I lost, my HCG levels were low all the way through along with other signs, but this time around my HCG is really high and rising really fast, so it's just nice to know as a reassurance for times when you get those creepy crampies or spotting and you're like 'is everything ok down there??' Well your HCG will help give you an idea to ease your mind. BTW I'm not a professional so what ever your doc says is what you should listen to.. just thought you might like to know, cos you were sure whether to go get a blood test. My opinion is yes. :)

Grace77, Cramps like your period even with brown spotting are (I've been told) normal. I had them this pregnancy too - but my HCG is rising really fast so I'm not as worried. Don't stress. I find when my stress gets too high, I start cramping. Just relax and get a HCG test and I'm sure you'll enjoy your Oz trip (lol I live in Oz haha). If you get any severe pains or if you get clots or red blood or tissue (hard to know what that is if you've not miscarried or given birth before I guess) go straight to emergency department. Don't feel stupid. They will hopefully be able to run a few tests to reassure you if that happens but your symptoms sound like normal healthy pregnancy (my opinion only based on my own experiences).

J82 - Goodluck! Hopefully this will be your sticky baby. I know the fear you experience after a miscarriage that it might happen again, so I know how you feel, but stay positive and I hope everything goes well with this baby.

BTW my syptoms: My boobs have been HURTING lol for about a week and a half and i've had loads of cramps on and off. mostly mild, but had a few nasty cramps that sent me to emergency the other night due to stress. I've taken a week off work, because clearly the stress was causing problems. I really want this one to stick so I'm being very careful and nervous. Once my stress levels reduced, my cramps went back to mild/barely even there. I've had brown spotting on and off for  the past week and a half - that's why I tested early - spotting. I've had nausea and loads of mood swings and every time I drink ginger ale, I get sick - bugger cos it's yummy lol. Dizziness has been unbelievable too. My HCG was 25 on the 10/12/19, then 400 on the 16/12/19 and now its 1200 18/12/19! Yay! I'm nervous about the spotting and cramps but the HCG is great so I'm positive about it.

Sorry for the waffle..

Goodluck everyone with your pregnancies!!
    Hi Sunflower! Welcome and Congrats! That's great to hear about your HCG levels! Mine were similar! On th 10th they were 70, then 12th had gone to 170 and on 14th they were 503! 

They haven't done anymore which has had me on edge but I have a scan tomorrow 🤦‍♀️🤞
  • Options
    Congratulations sunflowerkisses ! xx 
    Ellie good luck tomorrow with your scan xx 
  • Options
    Awk that's brilliant news @Louise 111 I'm sure ur so happy now xxxx
  • Options
    @Matilda88 elcome back to the forum - we are so glad to see you here, hige congratulations! Also, please check your private message folder as we've dropped you a line. 
    @Sunflowerkisses we are thrilled to see you here - congratulations and wishing you the stickiest of beans. 
  • Options

So happy for you @Louise111 ! Congratulations to those with a BFP and hoping good news to those that have scans planned!

I had the first appointment with the midwife today. I mentioned that my symptoms have eased a lot the last few days and that I am concerned but she basically said that its all in my mind and I am overthinking my symptoms due to my previous miscarriage! (Not happy about that) My boobs were so tender the past few weeks and now I can barely say that they are sore. I have booked a private early scan on the 28th. I will be 7w 2 days. I am praying that I will not see any weird symptoms by then and that I will see a heartbeat. I don't know why I can't relax. Sorry for all the negative thinking I am just so stressed! 

• Options
    Lia it’s perfectly normal to feel stressed. Your midwife doesn’t sound very sympathetic. She ought to understand that people are stressed especially when they’ve had a previous loss. I’m sure all will be fine this time but always feel you can ring the hospital or midwife for advice if you’re stressed . Dont let your midwife make you feel that you are wasting her time with your worries xx I was 7 +3 when I had my scan so you should be able to see everything ok. I’m dreading my next one on New Year’s Eve. Every twinge makes me worry.
  • Options
    Lia15 said:

So happy for you @Louise111 ! Congratulations to those with a BFP and hoping good news to those that have scans planned!

I had the first appointment with the midwife today. I mentioned that my symptoms have eased a lot the last few days and that I am concerned but she basically said that its all in my mind and I am overthinking my symptoms due to my previous miscarriage! (Not happy about that) My boobs were so tender the past few weeks and now I can barely say that they are sore. I have booked a private early scan on the 28th. I will be 7w 2 days. I am praying that I will not see any weird symptoms by then and that I will see a heartbeat. I don't know why I can't relax. Sorry for all the negative thinking I am just so stressed! 

I know that you are worried and it is understandable, however symptoms can come and go and not be consistent at all. I've had very painful breasts and then some days they are soft and quite ok. Some people don't have any symptoms for a long time so I hope it will be the same for you. Fingers crossed. 
  • Options
    Does anyone else have morning sickness but at night?? I get nauseous in the late afternoon and usually after dinner (so around 7pm) I have to go lay down because of how nauseous I am.
  • Options
    Wathor15 said:
    Does anyone else have morning sickness but at night?? I get nauseous in the late afternoon and usually after dinner (so around 7pm) I have to go lay down because of how nauseous I am.
    That's normal. Morning sickness can come any time of the day. With my daughter I had it at any time. I also reacted on certain smells like cooked onion and I had to eat something very often. 
  • Options
    Wathor i always get it at night too. Don’t worry xx 
  • Options
    No real symptoms here for me yet, which is so different to last time. Not complaining ha, I was sick as a dog by 5 weeks! Just hope it stays this way. Try and relax ladies xxx

Also, get to Asda for a bottle of nosecco for Christmas! Alcohol free sparkly stuff so we don’t have to miss out!
  • Options
    Am going to look in Asda for the nosecco pe4nut! Thanks xx 
  • Options
    Any of you ladies suffering from indigestion?
    ive barely slept last night due to the pain right under my rib cage and making me feel super bloated and nauseous!

thanks for nosecco tip!
  • Options
    @Wathor15 it’s normal to get it any time of the day from what I’ve read. 

Last couple days I have been suffering pretty bad with morning sickness too, much worse in the morning and have been getting sick, but feel better a little while after forcing down some toast, rest day it’s nausea all day but def worse with empty stomach. Have this combined with total exhaustion..it’s going to b a long first trimester feeling like this!! 
  • Options
    Pe4nut said:
    No real symptoms here for me yet, which is so different to last time. Not complaining ha, I was sick as a dog by 5 weeks! Just hope it stays this way. Try and relax ladies xxx

Also, get to Asda for a bottle of nosecco for Christmas! Alcohol free sparkly stuff so we don’t have to miss out!
    I didn't have any morning sickness until like 7 or 8 weeks last time, so I am not very hopeful. Not nauseous yet either. I am 5w3d by conception date. 
  • Options
    Have looked up the nosecco online and it’s cheap so as going to stock up tomorrow! Thanks pe4nut x
  • Options
    I’ve just ordered some martini dolce - it’s alcohol free Asti if anyone likes that. Was about £5/6 a bottle 
  • Options
    How is everyone?
    Are you all hoping to keep quiet over Christmas? I’m desperate to tell, but won’t until we’ve had reassurance at our 12 week scan.
  • Options
    I’m keeping quiet as am paranoid . My daughter has asked for a baby sister for Christmas so I’d love to to tell her on Christmas Day but just can’t . 
    This is a bit of a TMI question but how is everyone’s discharge? I keep feeling wet and think it’s blood but it’s not luckily up to now. Is everyone the same? Sorry for TMI!!