Forum home Birth clubs Due in August 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in August 2021

Replies

• Options
    I could see arms and legs batting around. I’m finally starting to believe it’s finally happening for me. In the pic baby has its arm up. 
  • Options
    Yay congratulations @MrsH02 its always reassuring when you see a scan. Although its always abit surreal like it isn't actually you lol.

And the dating seem around what you thought aswell xx
  • Options
    @MrsH02 great scan! Glad everything went well 🥰
  • Options
    Yes parents and in-laws 😩 I’m glad you ladies are along the ride with me because family can really stink sometimes. 

@Stokiejodie aww that would be a nice surprise for your friend and her son ❤️

@MrsH02 aww look at the little one 😍😍
  • Options
    Hey ladies. Hope everyone is well 😍. @MrsH02 that's fantastic 😍.

I ended up calling the EPU and went up for a scan today. All is well and I am 9 weeks. Honestly couldnt believe it. Suppose I just need to enjoy the nausea free time. 🙈.

12wk scan Feb 17th. Cant wait to start telling people. My Mum knows and I am pretty lucky as she is great. Although also a bit of a worrier which can be annoying.
  • Options
    @lozzz it's nice when you have close friends pregnant at same time when I was pregnant with my boy muly partners best friends gf was pregnant aswell our boys are 4 days apart and they are so close :) I only know of one friend who is pregnant at min and shes ready to drop any time aww @MrsH02 so glad scan went well have they changed your edd @eforbes glad your scan went well as well they do make us worry I had my booking in over thr phone app today and got to go hospital tomoz to see midwifes for blood tests and height and weight checks 
  • Options
    @Sj83 well they gave me the edd of 25/8/21 from the last scan at 8 weeks and it’s stayed the same today so I’m going with that. The 6 week scan it was 1 day smaller and my last period would of put my edd as 28th if I remember correctly. So going from the scans and what’s been put in my letters I’m going with 25th. 

@Eforbes I’m so glad you had a scan and everything is good. 

I need to ring up and try to book in for the NIPT testing. My oh was gutted he couldn’t come today so I said I’d get that booked for 12 weeks so he can come. Bonus is he said he would pay for it too 😂😂
  • Options
    Always nice when the oh paying lol ahh almost 10 weeks and the sickness has just kicked in been sick twice today feeling rubbish 😭
  • Options
    So I booked the NIPT in for next Friday. Ideally I would of rather had it the week after but the clinic is only open thurs, fri & sat and I move on the Friday the week after so thought I may be a tad busy those 3 days (plus oh is very excited to see the baby after he missed today)  
  • Options
    @Sj83 hopefully it won’t last long for you as your hcg should be levelling off in the next week then it will drop
    slightly and plateau hence why it’s usually gone for 2nd trimester. I must say this week is the best Iv felt since I found out despite being sick the last 2 days I have only been sick once a day instead of 5-6. 
  • Options
    Hopfully not I fell asleep on the sofa after dinner last night and was still asleep by 9.30 once kids had gone to bed aswell was just exhausted yesterday being sick 5/6 times a day wow that's is horrible 
  • Options
    Does anyone get suckered into watching One Born Every Minute when they are pregnant?! I don't really watch it when I'm not, but when I am I watch videos constantly 🤣 I must be a major weirdo because I actually enjoy labour! Not the pain bit, obvs haha, but I find the overall experience of it very empowering. There's nothing quite like that moment you get to hold your baby for the first time! 🥰
  • Options
    @lozzz ironically when I watch a video on fb and then the next one automatically plays it always seems to be a clip of one born every minute now haha.

I used to enjoy watching them when they were on the telly new xx
  • Options
    Well ladies I’m not feeling the love for anything today. I’m tired, grumpy and not feeling the best. I woke up again at 4am with yet another bad dream and desperate to pee and I just can’t sleep after. I’m just so tired and Iv tried to have lie ins and daytime naps and nothing is working. I just feel exhausted and so moody. Tonight I will be in bed for 9 at the latest abd am tempted to set my alarm for 1:30 to go pee so hopefully I will settle back down and sleep. I’m dreading going back to work on Monday after being off for the last month 😣
  • Options
    Oh no @MrsH02 that was me all day yesterday felt dreadful had my booking in app yesterday over the phone then had to go hospital today to do bloods and height and weight they actually never mentioned my weight I was so surprised they didnt moan at me , for some reason they had me written down as only 5 weeks though 🤦🏼‍♀️I said no I'm 10 weeks tomoz so go gave me two diff apps for when I'm 16 weeks they will go for what ever one is more accurate when I have my dating scan in 2 weeks my last period was 22nd November 
  • Options
    @MrsH02 I hear ya 😑. I'm honeslty waking up about 4 times at night and having mad dreams. I cant stand the smell of pretty much anything it's crazy. Theres nothing I enjoy drinking ..even bloody water is a struggle. We should honeslty get subsidised for dealing with this 🤣🙈. Will be worth it in the end. Maybe natures way of ever so slightly preparing us for the sleepless nights 🤔🤷‍♀️🤣. 

I just want to enjoy our new home without hating every smell that comes from it. It's a nightmare.
  • Options
    Are you making sure you are going the toilet before you go bed ? Saying that I do every night and still up between 5 and half past lol. I had a lovely dream last night about me and Henry Cavhill 😍
  • Options
    Are you making sure you are going the toilet before you go bed ? Saying that I do every night and still up between 5 and half past lol. I had a lovely dream last night about me and Henry Cavhill 😍
    Haha! I have to say, after like 8 weeks of building a pillow fort between me and my husband (poor guy 🤣) I am finally starting to get my mojo back. The dreams are nice - last night it was Marwan Kenzari and I was very, VERY sad to wake up after that 😆🙈
  • Options
    Well good morning all!! As you can see the insomnia remains. Iv actually been awake since 3:45am and didn’t sleep until gone 11pm 😩! First day back at work today as well, following being off the whole of jan and my alarm is due to go off In less than 45mins. Fortunately my manager rang me yesterday and said due to my ‘length of covid’ and working within a hospital I will be returning in a phased return over the next 2 weeks so not doing full hours. Infact today I only need to work 4hrs which we will increase up to 6 by the end of the week (I’m used to working 8.5hr days in a non clinical capacity but when clinical I’m there for 12.5hrs) so at least it not too daunting! I have no intention of telling them I’m pregnant yet, although I wonder how long it will take someone to figure me out due to the vomiting and my ever changing figure!! 
    Also I’m super pissed off, so u may of remember me telling u that oh has had to isolate due to his ex not telling him one of his children had covid symptoms and he went to see them. Well after that I told him he needed to stay at his place as I’m already run down and don’t need a further dose. So anyway he started isolating last Sunday (24th) his children came back as positive on the 26th so he was stuck in isolation until this weds (3rd) well yesterday he did a lateral flow test (he like me works in nhs and we get given them to test twice a week) and it came back positive so he’s had to go for the proper PCR test which we should have results for today. However, he now has mild symptoms too so he’s definitely positive. I’m so pissed off as that’s now added an addition 10 days on to his isolation which means we will of been apart 17 days due to his vile manipulative ex. Bloody great during the shitty first trimester when I feel crap enough and I’m so stressed as it is. Also now I’m having to rearrange NIPT which will now be the week after (the day the sale of my house completion 😤😤😤). And yesterday my ex started giving me grief and trying to make me feel guilty about the breakdown of our marriage etc and I was told I’m a cold arrogant bitch, it’s just great being me right now!!! Oh well can’t do much about any of it so I suppose I should just suck it up. Sorry to moan to you all, sometimes I just need to get it off my chest and don’t really have anyone to rant to that isn’t opinionated and objective to my situation xx
  • Options
    @MrsH02 oh man, sounds like a horrid week for you! Can't believe his ex allowed him to visit when there was a possibility of the kids having covid...especially given he works in healthcare! Very irresponsible on her part. Hopefully the kids are alright? Although from what I've heard, kids seem to cop it on the chin for the most part. Fingers crossed your partner only has mild symptoms and makes a speedy recovery 🤞

Any chance of giving yourself some pampering to make yourself feel better in such shitty circumstances? A warm bubble bath, chocolate and (non-alcoholic) prosecco is my go-to when I'm feeling rubbish! And a good book! Either way, I hope things improve for you soon (especially the insomnia...the fatigue is bad enough without limited sleep on top!)

Well, I am 14 weeks on Thursday and have to say, things seem to be improving on the morning sickness front. My nausea is almost completely gone, just the occasional bout at night time now. And I have more energy! Definitely not as much as I normally have, but I'm actually able to do housework most days and I don't spend majority of my day on the couch anymore. I still don't feel like 'myself' but that's pretty standard for me being pregnant; I always feel that little bit off all the way to the end, like my body isn't mine. Which I guess it isn't really lol. 

My son is turning 4 on Friday and started kindergarten today. I don't know where the time has gone, I swear just last week we were bringing him home from the hospital!