Forum home Birth clubs Due in August 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in August 2021

Replies

• Options
    @lozzz I’m so sorry your results didn’t come back as we all hoped they would for you and be negative. 

You are a fabulous mum by the sound of it and all babies are sent as gifts, maybe god just wanted yours a little extra special as he knew you would be amazing. You have got this either way 💕

A beautiful little girl is wonderful news 💝. 

We are all here for you all the way. If an amniocentesis is what is going to help you to get a definitive answer so you can prepare, then go for it. As you say the risks now for miscarriages are so low and they are done so frequently you would be in good hands. 

Lots of love and big hugs to you xx
  • Options
    So sorry your still got high risk I think if your both happy either way I dont think I'd go for the extra testing just in case of miscarriage it is such a hard decision my daugher has a rare genetic syndrome when she was younger she got tested for down syndrome as that's what her peatrition thought she had as she has some facial characteristics of down syndrome she didnt but didnt find out till she was 7 thay she has Feingold syndrome which in the uk isn't heard of much and that's not much known about it bit she does have learning difficuilties shes 11 now and started a sen secondary schools which she loves shes such a loving girl but doesnt always under stand danger of strangers you got this mummy 💗 sending big hugs 
  • Options
    @lozzz we are all here for you lovely!!! Sending huge hugs and love. Xxxxx
  • Options
    @Stokiejodie I’d probably go sooner for the scan just to see baby sooner 😊 it is like watching someone else since you can’t feel them moving most of the time 😆

@Scotsmama congrats on your nice ultrasound, great pics! I bet big brother is so excited! I still don’t know when I’m going to tell my kids. Today? Or after my ultrasound in 1.5w when I can tell them the gender too? Ugh so hard to decide. I have a midwife appointment in about an hour

@lozzz that is a tough pill to swallow ❤️ That’s a tough call on the amniocentesis. I’d probably want to know for sure since you know there is a chance. I’m blissfully unaware if my child has any chromosomal abnormalities right now, which is kinda good and bad 😬
  • Options
    So I called up the scanning people yesterday to book in for that package and they said atm they arent doing it as they need to reduce the amount of time in the room so they are only doing normal 2d scans or 10 minute 4d scan. So I'm abit disappointed now as would of been nice to have the whole scan on dvd and stuff and for the 4d one to be 20 minutes long xx
  • Options
    @Stokiejodie are they not recording the 10min scans then? My private ultrasound is only 10min but it will be recorded and I’ll get a DVD with a video and CD with pictures. You can see a lot in 10min!
  • Options
    @KristinO1987 not by the sounds of it. They just said get the images on cd or emailed to you. I dont want spend loads but don't know whether just book a 2d scan at 17 weeks which is £45 then hopefully by time im closer to 28 weeks they may be doing better packages for 4d xx

At what stage are people buying stuff ? I know its early yet as only 14 weeks today but I told my nan yesterday about the baby and she said she would buy us a pram so I've been having a look and I've found one that looks really nice and which I like and OH said looks good. Its different as its khaki green with bronze frame. Looks really smart. Xx
  • Options
    @Stokiejodie we have made our definite choices today for pram and nursery furniture. Going to buy them at the end of the month and just wait a few weeks for delivery which won’t be far off 20 week
    scan. Did the same with my DS xxxxxx
  • Options
    @Stokiejodie I'm only 14+3 & we started getting little bits & bobs at probably 6 weeks onwards, all unisex so far which is so annoying but it's stuff that was on offer 😊 Gonna leave the big stuff until after the 20 week scan, if not longer 😊 I'm all new to this, we need literally everything 😂
  • Options
    @Stokiejodie it’s a shame they can’t give you the scan package you want. I would agree with what u said though and just do the 2d around 17 weeks and 4d at 28. I’m planning on a 4d at 28 weeks as it looks like that’s the best time to get one done. I finally have my official booking in scan tomorrow afternoon so will update you all after I’m getting to the point I’m actually not now feeling the need for scans, tomorrow will be scan no 5 so I don’t think il have another until my 20week anomaly scan. Midwife has asked for my notes to be looked over by my consultant due to my history. I have what is know as a classical incision from my sons emergency section (I have both horizontal and vertical scars on my uterus) so she thinks I may need additional scans but I think they will be more 3rd trimester. 

As for buying stuff Iv not bought a thing yet and don’t intend to until I’m 20+ weeks. I need to get in my new house first and unpack my stuff before I add anything else. 
    I have however picked my pram, car seat, bedside sleeper, Moses basket for the lounge, bouncy chair and high chair 😂 I just send my OH links to everything all the time. Fortunately I think he will just let me pick what I want. I can’t believe how expensive everything has got! Last time I had to buy all this stuff was 18 years ago so obviously have nothing baby at all and it’s now like a mind field. Oh well I’m sure I can remember all the basics il need. I’m still debating on whether il be breastfeeding again, have any of you guys thought about it yet? 

• Options
    I'll be waiting till I'm 20 weeks waiting to know gender first last time I waited to around then aswell I still had my sons bouncer and play mat so took them apart other day and chucked in the the washing machine I've bottled fed all of mine my eldest never took to it and just decided I'd bottle feed all of them 
  • Options
    I probably won't buy anything untill after 20 weeks but you know when you find something you want so want get it there and then  ? I've got that feeling with the pram. Or scared it will be sold out or dont sell them anymore when nearly due haha.

@MrsH02 id like to breastfeed as people say its better for baby plus save money on formular, however I think I'm just too shy/self conscious so wouldnt be able to do it infront of people or out and about. I know there is pumps and stuff but just think be alot of hassle expressing all the time, especially if I wasn't going to be with baby for some reason, when could just use formular. Xx
  • Options
    Hi ladies, yesterday i had my 12 week scan and everything is looking great.. little bean kept moving so much that we struggled to get a good picture! 

Shopping wise, i had my first 2 years ago so I've got almost everything... Also ill need clothes cause my first was a winter baby and this will be a summer bub... Also, if its a girl ill need to do some clothes shopping... 

Breastfeeding instead, with my first i mix fed... Boob and formula... I had very little milk. At 3 months i stopped breastfeeding and just stuck to formula... Honestly i struggled breastfeeding, probably because i had very little milk.. but also cause I've got quite large boobs and it was just always an inconvenience to whoop them out haha.. for this one id like to try breastfeeding again, but i must admit that im not attached to the idea... So if im struggling, ill stop
  • Options
    I get what you mean @Stokiejodie when you know what pram you want with my last I knew what I wanted I got the silver cross pioneer I loved it it was a bit bulky but I loved it I vot it the a sale but got it delivered to my in laws so it wasnt kept at home till near the time glad scan went well @empa did they change your due date or are your still what you thought you edd would be 
  • Options
    Hi guys,

So today we got confirmation that our beautiful little girl has Down Syndrome. Unfortunately she also has heart issues that would require a lot of surgery, and as a result we have decided not to continue with our pregnancy. We do not feel it is fair to subject her to all these invasive procedures she would need immediately after birth, with no guarantee that she would make it out the other side - especially given she will also face a lifetime of other hardships related to her T21 diagnosis. 

This is the hardest decision we have ever faced in our lives and the grief we are feeling right now is immeasurable. I honestly never thought this would happen to us, and I am so angry that our perfect baby girl has been dealt this card. 

I wish all of you the best for your pregnancies and hope you all deliver happy, healthy little babies who enrich your lives in the best possible way. 

Xx
  • Options
    @lozzz oh I'm so sorry to hear this. I cant imagine what you are going through. Remember we are all here for you if need talk. And things may be different next time xx
  • Options
    Oh @lozzz so heartbroken for you  wishing you and your family all the best for the future big hugs xx
  • Options
    @lozzz aw my lovely my heart is breaking for you and your family. Sending all of my love and prayers to you. We are always here for you whenever you need any of us 😘 xxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    I haven’t bought anything yet. I think I just need some bottle nipples and I’ll be good to go. Might end up needing new crib bedding, but we still have a crib that my son sleeps in as a toddler bed right now

ill be breastfeeding for sure unless baby has a cleft palate and can’t latch. I can’t see myself exclusively pumping. But I am a natural term breast feeder (until child self weans), so I’ll probably be nursing for at least 3 years 

@EmPa so glad your baby is moving around a lot ❤️
  • Options
    @lozzz my heart is breaking for you ❤️❤️ I’m so sorry to hear all of this