Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in December 2015
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in Dec 2015 Part 2!

Replies

• Options

Hi flaxley, nature dictates the size and shape of bumps and if your petite then you can probably expect a nice neat bump in due time x also is this your 1 st? ( you tend to show a bit later with first as tummy muscles hold strong for longer) as to put on weight, I have hyper sickness with my first and was hospitalised,  I gai ed weight by the end but after he was born I had around 1 1/2 stone to loose to go back to pre baby weight so plz don't worry, it goes on eventually x as long as u and baby are happy and healthy that's all that matters 

• Options

My friend who was a size 8 gave birth to her baby yesterday - he was 3 week 2 days early and weighed 5lb4 so I think she was always going to have a smaller baby as she is really didi.

I guess we should just be thankful that we aren't piling on the weight as it means ultimately we will have less to loose after - this will deffo help me out as we are getting married 9 months after the bubba arrives!

I have a dopplar and I am getting strong heart beats so will just have to wait until my 16w check up on the 9th July

• Options

http://webkit-fake-url://78d56b33-a369-426c-98b9-2e0c51b22010/imagejpeg

It's a girl!!! So please.

i wouldn't worry about weight gain, with my 3&4 I was very sick in the first trimester and only gain 10/11lb by delivery and they were happy healthy babies weighting 6lb 14oz and 6lb 10oz 

i also buy 1 pack of nappies and a few packs of wipes each week with my food shopping and then when I have enough I move on to breast pads ect 

X

• Options

Thanks all. Yes this is my first so hopefully as i progress more later on i will see weight gain. I have already been told i will need a C -section. (Not due to weight).

I will be 17wks tomorow and have an appt with midwife im sure she will be happy with my little improvement. 

Can i ask ladies who are buying wipes now wint they dey up by the Dec time?? second time mums you would know better so pls advice us first time moms so then i can start to buy wipes now aswell with my weekly grocery shopping  thanks xx

• Options

* wont they dry up* sorry spell type

• Options

No hun they are well sealed!! If you open a pack they probably would dry up but definitely not when you keep them sealed ???? you'll be surprised how many you get through....stock up!! Haha xx

• Options

We have a sample sale at work every year when we get to this is supermarket sweep type thing....luckily mine was last week so I got two bags worth of baby stuff for £5!!! loads of wipes, nappies, bath stuff and lots of mummy bits like breast pads and creams so I made the most of it and stocked up. We will be buying a pack of wipes and nappies with the weekly food shop.

Another thing I will be doing is filling up my spare freezer with loads of food that we can then use when I am on Maternity leave. We wont touch it until my Mat pay runs out and then this should last a couple of months. Im a FTM but like to be organised and I think that because we are all due over xmas, the more prepared you are the better!

Talking of breast pads, roughly how many of these a week do you go through? Are you all going to try to BF or go straight to formula? I love that we can have these kind of conversations now that most of us are over the hurdle!

• Options

Thanks butterfly for ur concern... Ya everything is gng smoothly nd here we have scan for every month bt the only thing is they wl nt reveal the baby gender...

• Options

Archu how lovely that you get to see the baby every month image  I am sure you can cope with the surprise if you get to see your baby lots!

squeak185, I didn't get through many breast pads the first time round.  I didn't really leak so makes me think that I didn't really produce any milk!!  I bottle fed the first time round.  As it happens, I had no choice in the matter, I was put under and Joshua wanted feeding so Daddy did the first feed image  but I wouldn't have chosen to breast feed anyway.  Formula was fine with Joshua, so we will be doing formula this time round.  Its one of those things isn't it that's each to their own.  I can see why people want to breast feed, its just not for me image 

What are you thinking?? xx

• Options

Im going to try to breastfeed and see what happens. I am being completely open minded with the pregnancy so if it works great, if it doesn't great as it means my other half will be able to help out more.

I think people put too much pressure on themselves to do the right thing, but there is no such thing. Its the same with the birth, I'd like a midwife led unit but I'm not going to freak out if its closed or too busy.

• Options

About the stockpiling, what size nappies should we be buying please those of you who have done this before??

Also, any formula and bottle/steriliser recommendations?

Thanks image

• Options

I think you will be just fine image  My midwife was lovely the first time round.  I was expecting her to lecture me saying I should breastfeed and all this.  All she said is can I ask why and I just said to her that I wouldn't go out cos I would feel uncomfortable doing it in public (regardless of all the nice scarfs you can get) and I said I wanted hubby to bond with the baby aswell, plus on a selfish point of view he can do his share of the night feeds (I know what I am like on next to now sleep!)  She just said I can see you have thought about it so that's fine.  Which I thought was nice.

But I know friends who have breast fed and loved it, so it really does depend on personal preference image

You sound like you are in the right frame of mind with everything.  These little people have a habit of changing things at the last minute!  Bless them.  I didn't have a birth plan as such, I just went to a Midwife Led Unit for a water birth, that was all I had decided!  In the end, I had to be sent to a hospital anyway so that didn't go to plan - my little monkey decided to do a poo in me and then decided to be bottom first!!!  Typical boy being awkwardimage  But because I was pretty open minded with it all, even though it all went t*ts up, I was quite chilled out through it all.  The midwives and doctors kept saying you are very calm.  I said I can't do anything about it, just get my baby out healthy! image xx

• Options

Hi Hadepop - We brought Size 1 and 2's.  You will find the sizes overlap anyway image 

I think a lot of people will tell you different with the formula to be honest, just research them and take it from there image  They do say that Aptamil is closest to breast milk (I didn't use Aptamil, I used Cow & Gate but I know a lot of friends have gone with that because its closest to breast milk)

Just one thing, your baby might not necessarily take to the first Formula milk you buy, so don't buy too much otherwise it might be a waste.  Its happened to a couple of my friends where they have stocked up and they have to end up changing it cos baby didn't take to it.  You will know what's right when your little bundle is here image

Its the same with the steriliser, depends what you are looking for and what type of steriliser you want.  We had everything Tommee Tippee.  And we had an electric steriliser, but lots of people have different image  Have a look around - that's the exciting bit! image xx

• Options

Oh wow thats great then Swanny85 if they last then deffo we all should start getting wipes etc. as with nappies i know my baby will be prematurely born so i will ask midwife what size to buy. 

Im going to giv BF a try for sure and fingers crossed will work. Im also considering a breast pump. If fails then powder here i come. Lol xx

• Options

Sounds good Flaxley!  I have no experience of Premmies so definitely talk to your midwife image  I do know there are premature baby nappies out there but I don't know if they sell them everywhere.

If you don't mind me asking, how come its going to be early?? xx

• Options

Sorry AlextoMX, didn't see your post hun! image  You are probably best of shopping around a bit.  I got my stuff from Babies R Us, but only cos I had loads of vouchers for there!  Good luck for the NTS tomorrow!

And Mummy22little girls!  I am guessing you wanted a little pink one?! image

xx

• Options

thank u for your concern Swanny85. Its because ladies........

im expecting Triplets!!!!!!!! Xxxxxxx imageimageimage 

hence the c section and premature and concerned abt my weight. 

Please all pray babies are all safe and healthy during and after xx

• Options

And naturally conceived. Lol

• Options

Oh my goodness!!  Triplets?!?!  That will be a lifestyle change for you I Imagine!  But how exciting! image  And naturally conceived!  That's amazing! image 

How early will they deliver??

xx

• Options

the consultant will monitor me but they don't usually go past 33 wks. 

Yes a big change in every way. Shopping is most difficult task & expensive.