Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in December 2015
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in December 2015 Part 3

Replies

• Options

Hello Mommy's, I had my 4-D ultrasound yesterday - the experience was amazing! I am 29 weeks and the midwife said that my baby's head was already down. She didn't really say anything other than that... could that mean that she will come early? or is that a really common thing? I think that may explain why I have been getting sharp pains right above my vaginal reign... everyone keeps telling me that's just my body's way of preparing for the baby. it doesn't hurt to the point where I want to cry or anything but it's uncomfortable for sure! 

• Options

Hi new mommy Ashley  - beautiful pictures x 

I think my last delivery was kind of doomed from the beginning lol my water broke on due date ! But I had zero contractions... Hosp told me to go in where the m/w said baby had already pooed so I was started in a drip to give me contractions... Only thing was I got contractions for about 20 mins at a time then they stopped, they uppedthe drip and they started again - all the way until I was 10 cm and it all stopped!  Then all of a sudden her heart rate began to dip so I had to keep changing position while they upped it again ( to what I was told was Max dose!)

A second m/w came in and checked me and noticed a bubble of membrane blocking baby's head ( aparently i had only a partial rupture at home !) so she ruptured them - hey presto! Contractions kicked in and 8 mins later baby was delivered - fast asleep !!! This was why her heart rate dipped - she was fast asleep lol the m/ w had to tap her feet to wake her up and cry lol 

So I think because I was being assisted in my labour with a drip they were mindful that I may have needed surgical assistance so I wasn't allowed to eat...this time I'm eating before I go in - don't care if its a MacDonald's drive thru on the way lol

• Options

Wow newmommyashley,  I've never seen a 4d scan before (apart from those belonging too anonymous people on there Internet). Your pic's of your little girl are lovely 😊 

I'm not sure about birth plan yet. Gotta wait for re-scan to see what placenta up to. But if allowed to go au naturelle I am hoping to have a waterbirth. I had one with my daughter which was a great distraction. I just need to check how to go about arranging this as it's all changed. 

When is everyone going to get their bags packed?!!  X 

• Options

Hello! Just popping in to remind you all, this lovely Palmer's body oil could be yours! Simply keep on posting! The more you post, the more chance you have of nabbing one! Over and out for now!

• Options

Not a good day after all :( 

Have ended up with a crutch to help when I walk, my hip is soo painful it feels like its trying to detatch ! 

Hopefully baby will wiggle and take some pressure off soon x

• Options

Aw busymamma that doesn't sound good but I can empathize with you as mine is really sore but seems to be a lot worse at night.

My jabs were fine, they didn't hurt but today my arms are really sore - feel like someone has punched me and given me two dead arms.

I have started making a list for my bags but wont pack them until I start mat leave I don't think which will be around 35/36 weeks. Need to go shopping at the end of October to get everything that I don't have. I feel like I am taking loads!

Newmummyashley - your 3d scan is amazing! We have decided not to have one but I bet they are good fun

• Options

image29 weeks today 😀🎀

• Options

Hi ladies how are you all?

i really dont get on here much missing loads of conversations x

im 29 weeks now got my whooping cough jab friday and just been put on iron tablets.

explains a lot of the tiredness and breathlessness etc 

hope all your pregnancies are going well x

• Options

Ouch Busymamma...that doesn't sound good; my pain is mainly still central, just hoping it disappears at birth!

Glad jabs were ok Squeak, booked mine for a Friday because I remember the flu jab giving me a bit of a dead arm before.

Love the scan picks NewmummyAshley; we decided not to have one because we are getting extra growth scans anyway, so have had 5 so far, and 2 more to go...

Nice bumpee Charlie :-)

I have started chucking stuff for bubs hospital bag in one place, but not mine yet, will probably do about 34 weeks, have bought maternity and breast pads etc. but need knickers and clothes and toiletries etc. x

• Options

Lovely to see you back Charlie4th!

• Options

Hi ladies, love the bump Charlie x  and hugs to squeak ! I had my jabs last Tuesday and although the flu one didn't bother me a bit the w/ c one left my arm sore and itchy at injection site all week! 

Have ( finally !) Got baby to move!!!! Not sure how but the " chat" I had with baby yesterday seems to have worked as I was woken up at 5 am with lots of very strong movements - popped to the barlthroom and was amazed when I stood up it didn't make me yelp! It twinged but no where near as bad! 

And she's stayed there all day ( so far) glad to report to those with SPD its taken so much discomfort off my hips! Fingers crossed it stays mild for a while so I can get stuff done lol

• Options

Glad you're feeling bit more comfy busymamma!  Had your bump changed shape much?  

Just had flu jab and gp antenatal check.  Just routine wee dip, BP fetal heart beat and measuring.  Baby has stayed head down. My BP was only 82/62!  And measuring to dates.

Hi Charlie4th great to see how you and bump doing!  Is time whizzing by for you too? I'm on iron but it's not doing much.

Good idea hadepop, think I might put baby bits aside for admission  then think about what's left to buy xxx

• Options

Hi sunny, my bump is sticking out more to the front and seems a tiny bit higher than a couple days ago so I guess it has changed shape - really didn't think to look at shape changes lol 

I'm just over the moon the pressure has eased off my hip ! Movements seem alot stronger too but she still freezes when anyone tries to feel her move lol !

• Options

I can also report that I have had a movement which has released some of my pressure too. My bump has changed shape and grown what feels like a foot so it's sticking out at the front a lot more! 

• Options

Neat bump squeak!

Busymamma, my OH has managed to feel my little wriggler just twice, every time he settles down to try he/she stops, and then the minute he loses patience and gives up, starts up again! Its annoying because I get to feel the movements on and off for 12-14 hours and would love him to feel them too...I wont give up though!

Maybe during the Great British Bake Off final tonight he might persevere!

x

• Options

I recorded my stomach moving last night! My friend is 16 weeks and wanted to see it so I sent it to her. My Parents are still in America so I haven't seen them for three weeks so my mum thinks I've grown loads.

Love GBBO but will be at my birthing class tonight so will put it on record!

• Options

Hi everyone, sorry for barging in. We wondered if you'd care to share the best bit of pregnancy advice you've had, or could pass along? It's on this thread here if you fancy telling all.

• Options

Morning all!  hope everyone well. My daughter having surgery today to remove her 10 remaining baby teeth (she's 15!). Slightly nervous and know i am going to be an emotional wreck at the hospital once she goes to theatre 😓 

I also have a new pregnancy symptom.. My left thigh keeps going dead.  Thinking just baby sat on a nerve. Anyone else getting this? X

• Options

Morning all!

Sunny, nerve-wracking i'm sure, but hopefully it will be over and done with before you know it! Then you can spoil your big baby :-)

Maybe try some pelvic thrusts to move baba off your nerve?

I got a letter yesterday to say i'm anemic and should start taking iron tablets, but I feel ok, and I checked my levels and they are borderline rather than drastically low, does anyone think it would be wrong not to take them, and just to concentrate on eating more iron daily? I would really like to avoid becoming blocked up again if you know what I mean! x

• Options

Morning all ladies, 

Feeling really tired today, think I overdid it at work yesterday. Had a bit of a result at work today though as my boss had agreed that I can finish an hour early on a Thursday and Friday. As my job is really physical and I am on my feet all day, she said she is impressed with me up until this date and that it was only fair as I come into the last weeks at work. I almost had to pick my chin off the floor!

How is everyone else feeling?