Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in December 2015
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in December 2015 Part 3

Replies

• Options

I know swanny,  I'm down to 7 weeks 6 days!!  It's just kind've hit me today while I was talking to a friend I'd not seen for a while.  Crikey I'd best get cracking! 

Busymamma I feel like I'm carrying a Christmas present. . Like I want to peep and see what it is but then still want the surprise when I open the present.  

And I've got names!!!  OH not yet agreed but told him until he can come up with a better alternative then that's what it'll be 😊 👶  

• Options

Oh good Lord ddon't even mention names!!! We are back to square 1 and our boy is nameless!! I have a name I reeeeeally want but hubby isn't budging!!

• Options

I agree...it seems to have taken forever to get to 12 week scan and then the rest is just flying by...

We are back to square 1 with names too...I still like Lucas but OH wants Reggie...For a girl Hope is looking the most likely :-) x

• Options

I like lucas hadepop and hope is lovely ☺ stick to your guns! And you swanny!  I'm not going to mention names to hubby anymore,  wait until the big day and then hopefully he'll be so overwhelmed that'll he'll just agree with anything I want!!! 😋 x 

• Options

Hadepop Reggie was our name for a boy ! ( as this and last 2 have been girls and I'm not planning any more it dosnt look like we will get a Reggie in the family ) but I love the name x and my  OH is Luke so I like that too!

Hubby had a similar panic last night when someone asked how far along I was, he looked at me ( as they do !) And I answered 30 weeks Saturday...not long left now!  Hubbys jaw went slack, he seemed a bit dazed when he finally spoke it was to say - so Sunday we have 9 weeks and 6 days til D - day???? Where did 6 months go ? ( he shook his head ) and asked did I realised what we still have left to get in for baby and Xmas !!?? 

The friend who originally asked patted his back and said sorry I asked if it gave you such a shock lol we laughed it off but as hubby has been online most of the evening last night topping up the wish lists with things to get I believe it's finally sunk in lol I didn't have the heart to mention baby could decide to come early lol 

• Options

Afternoon ladies! 

Glad you had a good holiday Swanny. Bet your feel really refreshed after being away. 

Welcome to Gaeaf! This is such a good group and I look forward to following your story too! 

I am super happy today as my mum came back from New York so I now have a lovely selection of maternity clothes and feel like I have a new wardrobe! She also bout pickle lots of stuff too! 

I am 30 weeks this week and cannot believe it! It's going so quick and I can't believe we are on the countdown now. 6 weeks left at work which I can't wait about. 

Also looking forward to receiving my palmers oil spray! 

• Options

Sunny that's what I'm hoping! I really want Oliver, but hubby will not budge! I think him being a teacher he knows lots of names and associates them!

We did have a list of 3 names we liked, but had different favourites! They were Finlay, Benjamin and Ethan. Ethan was my fave which hubby has gone off and Finlay was hubbys fave which I've gone off! Lol. I dunno!! Joshua was much easier! I like Jamie too but hubby doesn't want another j (I'm Jodie and we have Joshua!) So who knows!!

Glad you've got a new set of clothes squeak! I've just literally said I need a few wintery bits now, especially cos I've had to buy holiday clothes up to now!

• Options

Hi everyone, 

i haven't posted for ages, I'm so sorry! Everything is so hectic here and I struggle to get on to catch up! it's so nice to hear everyone is doing so well. Sounds like the dreaded SPD is making a few people uncomfortable, me too. I struggle from sitting to standing and servely hobble for a few steps and then I'm ok. 

Im now 30 + 1 wks. Had to have the midwife out today as I had some visual disturbances but BP ok, thank goodness! I have my consultant appointment tomorrow so hopefully will fmore out more about must monitoring. And the best part...I start my maternity leave in 2 WEEKS! can't wait because I have done absolutely nothing for babys arrival! 

can I ask how everyone's growth is Charting? I'm already off the centiles! Will post a piccy x

• Options

Hi glimmer, nice to hear from you again x 

I'm 30+1 today too and SPD is still kicking my ass! Hubby has got elbow crutches out for me to use and sad to say ( esp at 4 am !) They are used until my hip decides to co- operate lol oh the joys eh? 

I can't really say much about the growth charts as mine uavnt been done like that yet, baby's measurement s sofar have come from the scan info at 22 and 28 weeks and I'm not due to see my m/w til 32 weeks. I know from previous babies tho that they don't only go on the charting info and will scan at a later date to confirm any suspicion, as I've had big babies mine is pre booked for 36 weeks, to check baby's size and position etc. I'm sure midwife or consultant can advise more specifically about your baby as they all grow different rates - especially these last few weeks ! In my case measurement also depend on baby's position, I'm much bigger when baby is laying long then when she's laying across (transverse) its noticeably less bump!

• Options

I was measuring 28cm at my 28 week midwife appointment which she said is normal but she did plot it on the graph which I haven't looked at and its in the car. 

I am the same as busymama - he has beenying transverse for ages so my bump looks smaller but for a day he was long so it looked alot bigger. I think he's back in transverse again!

Good to hear from you glimmer, bet you can't wait to start your Mat Leave! I still have 6 weeks left and it feels forever! 

• Options

Morning all!

I have a bath! That is all, but it is actually plumbed in, bring on the rest of the bathroom!

So this morning my little baba decided to really scare me...had about 2 kicks in bed between alarm and getting up, and then nothing :-(

Usually goes mad when I eat breakfast after getting to work about 7:30 - 8am...today nothing. Tried not to panic, so I decided to monitor for an hour and then call the midwife; this is after trying everything, sugary tea; ice-cold water; prodding...

Between 8:40 and 8:50 the little bugger then kicked 15 times :-) What a relief; don't think its done much for my bp this morning tho lol!

SPD is hurting a lot today, and thanks to the iron tablets (even though I am only taking 1/2 the dose they prescribed) I now haven't been to the loo for 3 days...think i'm in for an uncomfortable day, but at least I know the munchkin is ok :-)

How was everyone else's weekend? x

• Options

Hi Glimmer - I have only been measured once so far as I haven't really seen the midwife much with it being my second.  Plus I am under the consultant.  When I did see the midwife at 26 weeks, I was measuring 26cm, which is exactly where I should be,  I did notice though that when she plotted it on my chart, I was just above the 50th centile.  I think they just use it as a guide really, they will know if anything needs double checking :-)

Sqeuak and Busymamma - how do you know that baby is lying across you?!  I have no idea how my little man is lying!  Lol.  I Know he kicks/moves in different places all the time, but they are generally either side so I am guessing he is lying across me but wouldn't know for sure.  Either way, I am reaaaaallllly starting to struggle now!!  Roll on 6 weeks and the start of Maternity Leave! :-)

Hi Hadepop - what a little monkey!  They like giving you a fright don't they?! I usually wait a day before I start worrying as I think I have a lazy day some days.  And I always find as a last resort lying on left side always gets him moving!  There were a couple of occasions on holiday where he had hardly moved, so I went back to my room, had a drink and a lie down with the air con on and he would have a party! Lol.  Little monkeys aren't they!

• Options

Hi ladies, 

ive been to my consult ant appointment this morning aNd they measured me 2 wks ahead. When she examined me she noted I appear to have a lot of excess fluid. I'm now booked in for an uus next week to check on bab and measure my fluid. 

• Options

Sorry having to do this in 2 posts as the site froze on me. Once they have results for my scan they will see if I need further tests to rule out infection and diabetes. Am a little worried but thing not to as it maybe that everything is oK.

my SPD is terrible today again too!

xx

• Options

Hi everyone!

I haven't posted in so long! Glad to see everyone is okay and having happy pregnancies :)

I had a rough week last week - sent to hospital with contractions (I'm only going to be 31 weeks tomorrow) had to have all different types of injections to stop the labour and to encourage his lungs to grow if he were to be born early! Stressful is NOT the word :O so scary.

It motivated me get my hospital bag all packed so I did that the weekend! Got a lovely Nivea toiletry set in Primark for £5 with all the miniature basics in, some wonderful mommy briefs :| and nighties etc.

Just hope the rest of the pregnancy carries on as normal, still needs a few weeks to cook yet!

Hope everyone is doing well!

xxx

• Options

Hey ladies,

I'm officially 30 weeks and last night discovered all of these little stretch marks under my bump - I cried like a baby!

anyone else made this discovery yet?

• Options

Hi Alex, glad to see you back and glad to hear you are both okay ! I can imagine how scary that would be just try and rest and keep babba cooking that bit longer !

Squeak, if you gently pat your bump you can feel baby ( like m/w does at checkup) or you can use movements...the side you don't get kicks will be his back then the strong thumps come from feet/ legs and the milder nudges and flutters are arms.

My baby likes laying across from hip to hip, all movements goto my pelvic area and bladder! When she's laying long I get heavy feeling on my pubic bone and lots of movements up high and along one side x oh and SPD is alot better !!

New mommy Ashley - I can sympathise x but after 5 babies and with one on the way again- there aren't many spaces on my bump area that are mark free! They do shrink/ fade to a very pale skin tone - just wear them as your badge of honour ..you made a human...way to go you!!!

My sil only got 1, unfortunatly it went straight thru a tattoo at the side of her tummy button - my nephew calls it his calling card - just to say I lived here ! 

• Options

Hi Alex, oh dear that sounds scary!!  Glad you are feeling a bit better now!  It has suddenly dawned on me that maybe I should back my hospital bag, but I don't feel ready yet.  I feel like I need to sort everything for baby before I do that.  I think in my head if I pack my hospital bag baby is ready to come and he isn't ready yet! Lol.

Hi Ashley, I had stretch marks before I even had children, so it doesn't bother me! :-)  Just think its all for a good reason, I am sure you would rather have a few stretch marks and a beautiful baby :-)

• Options

Hi Ladies - just been trying to read a few posts and catch up from when I was on holiday!  I am at the point about what kind of births we are after!  Well, I am after anything natural! Lol.  After last time, I sooooooooo want to avoid the C section option.  Consultant says there is no reason why I can't have a natural birth - just depends whether baby plays ball! I did want a water birth with Joshua, but he blew my chances of that, and I can't have a water birth this time because I will need to be monitored throughout my whole labour, although I am hopeful for an active birth - I definitely don't want to be sat in bed for it!

Here is a question - do any of you have a visit from your health visitor around this time?  It seems to have changed in my area since having Joshua.  Basically, the Health Visitor now likes to come and see you before baby arrives just to get to know you and talk through your concerns and what will happen and things.  She was very nice actually and made me feel more relaxed.  She was quite sympathetic to my last experience, so she said she wants to keep a close eye on me when baby is born, especially if its as traumatic as last time - she said I am a lot more prone to PND.  I didn't get it first time thankfully, but it was only for my Mum really.  Think if she hadn't been there I would have gone into a dark place!!  On the plus side, its all very exciting - means baby is getting closer!  Now to get organised...............