Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in December 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in December 2018 - Part 2

Replies

• Options

Ah Danis18 that’s great news! We are only 1 day apart as I’ve been dated 14 weeks today! Yay I’m glad I’m not the only one finding out gender at earliest possible time! that’s three of us finding out the same week then! X

• Options

Aww we are really near then :) its so exciting! I definitely couldn't wait until 20 weeks! Desperate to buy a little outfit!

My private scan felt so much more personal and special so I'm happy we'll get to find out in that environment :) xx

• Options

Llovely scan pic Dani! Glad your appointment went well olivia. Exciting that so many of you find out the gender soon! ☺️

• Options

Hey girls the private clinic I went to doesn't do gender scan til 18 weeks but they also bring u back for free I think if they can't tell the first time, so I've 5 weeks to wait hopefully it goes quickly enough 

X

• Options

Hey everyone, 

i had my 12 week scan and everything was all good thankfully baby was wiggling and kicking! Cutest thing to see! 

i am 13 weeks today and have a private gender scan on the 11th July but won’t be opening the envelope until the 14th with family and friends! although I’m 95% certain it’s a boy 💙 x

• Options

Hi Jessiicax I've also just had 12 week scan. Thought I was 12.3 but actually 12.6 :) all looks good so going to be telling extended family on father's day. Any guesses as to what I'm having ladies? image

• Options

Lovely scan news girls😍 lovely pictures too. X

Talk bras to me ladies?! Any recommendations...maternity or not,underwired yay or nay?

• Options

Tam... I definitely recommend the nursing ’sleep bras’... they have like a criss cross design on the front and are SOOOO comfortable! Kind of like a pregnant boob friendly sports bra looking thing. They have some five so will grow with you & as the name suggests, are great for when our babies are here and if you decide to nurse. My boobs grew so much already that I have dug out my maternity bras from last time and am already wearing them! 

i wouldnt recommend underwires.. eapecially at this early stage unless you want to keep rebuying them as your rib cage expands during pregnancy so the underwire Will start to dig in & get sore. I had a maternity underwired one & it was so uncomfortable that I hardly wore it. 

Last pregnancy I was able to get away with wearing some of my regular bras (including underwire) by using bra extenders for a while and I would recommend doing that as they are cheap and easy to use... I was able to use them until about 7 months I think which by that point I went for a proper fitting at a maternity shop and they were able to judge how much more I would grow by the end and I got bras to accommodate that. 

• Options

Ugh! Bad day here! It’s my wedding anniversary and hubby is away (third out of 5 we’ve spent apart!) & I woke up at 2.20am today with terrible nausea (worse than normal) & it’s been constant since then 😢. My poor little guy has had pretty much no attention today and I’ve just sat him watching Mickey Mouse all morning so I can rest / run to the bathroom! I feel so bad about It but try to remember it’s only temporary! He’s such a sweetheart too... earlier in the week I threw up on the kitchen floor & he looked super concerned & said “mummy go a doctor?” Then On Wednesday he came in while I was throwing Up in the bathroom... he started rubbing my back and said “it’s ok mummy”. I can’t get over how sweet & empathic he is at only 2 1/2!! 

• Options

Bless his heart😍 he sounds amazing xx happy anniversary and im sorry you dont get to spend it with your hubby xx

• Options

Before I leave this thread I wanted to tell u all about my experience I'm hope that it will help someone one day

Tuesday night I broke down knowing I was in weds to be induced ( I ended up in hospital Monday anyway as I was bleeding and they said a miscarriage was looking likey) I was so scared 

All ibwill say is the NHS have been faultless  in the wonderful and sensitive care I have recieved. A private LARGE ensuite room with sofa bed. Even my hospital bed was made with A beautiful floral duvet and pillow case to make it homely. 

I was induced at 8.30am and ended up on labour a whopping 36 hours in total. Throughout that time I was given any pain relief I wanted, constantly monitored and had bereavement midwives attend. I had no restrictions on visitors and visiting hours. 

I ended up on morphine for pain relieve and had yo per in bed pans to monitor wee and blood loss. After my partner went for a coffee yesterday I went for a wee and my little Maisey Rose Hudson slipped out into my bed pan with no warning and so painlessly. She was encased in her bubble of fluid fast asleep so perfect and undisturbed. The only wish I had and it came true x I didn't dare look as I wasnt sure I had passed her as it was with no warning so told midwife and they took her away then told me it was her. I felt so much relief that she had done that way in her little dream bubble 

I had yo stay in yet another night and have placenta removed today and was finally allowed out. I'm not gonna lie I am battered bruised emotionally and physically  from tests and cannulars and removal of placenta and I am so weak now. But my Maiseys delivery was perfect 

She's now a little angel in heaven and we have ordered a rose and had it named after her so we can sprinkle her ashes into the soil and she can flourish in the beauty of her rose 

We love and miss her so much and I am so heartbroken. But I will say this. The NHS are amazing and the care has been outstanding. Including the aftercare package I've recieved.the midwives even said how our situation touched all of their hearts and one even got upset  

I hope my story one day helps someone. Xxx love to u all and ur precious babies xxx

Susie and Maisey Rose xxxx

• Options

Susie I'm so sorry u have had to go through this I am emotional reading your post.  Condolences to u and your family as such a painful time.

Take time to heal and be good to yourself. All my love xxx

• Options

Susie what an amazing mummy Maisey Rose has...sending you my thoughts and love. Forever your baby girl💕

• Options

Sending all the love in the world Susie. What a heartbreaking and challenging experience, but one that will shape who you are as a person. maisey will live on in your heart forever. Take time to grieve and recover  xxxx 

• Options

Hi everyone! Just got back from my gender reveal scan, it’s team blue for me and clear as day 💙💙💙💙

so overwhelmed, this feels so real now x

• Options

Marie999 yay💙 where you suprised? Congratulations x

• Options

😍😍 how amazing congrats!!x

• Options

Ahhhh Marie, that’s so exciting that you know!! Congratulations! I can’t wait to find out on 29th! Did you have an idea in your head of whether you thought he was a boy or girl? Xx

• Options

Hey ladies, glad to see your well and amazing scan photos! Just been for my 12 week scan and all is well, any guesses on to what I'm having?image

• Options

Very exciting that you know the gender now Marie!! 

jade... lovely scan pic! I’m rubbish with gender gussses at 12 weeks unless the nub is super obvious and I can’t see it in your pics so Im no help!