Forum home Birth clubs Due in February 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in February 2021 - Part 3

Replies

• Options

Scan went great. Feel so relieved after last time. Baby measuring 11+4 which is where I thought I was. Saw it’s little fingers and feet!! Had the screening and bloods done and to determine the Baby’s blood type! 

Can start my journal now and enjoy it!! 
  • Options
    @Emma63 I know exactly how you feel. My stomach has looked so big for the past 2 weeks and yet yesterday and today it looks a lot smaller. It's so weird I can't understand. I've put it down to bloating though and just trying to stay positive. I really want to book in another scan before i start to tell the rest of the family. I'm having a gathering on bank holiday and thought I won't tell any family on this day but if they notice  then I'll be honest. But i feel like I need another scan just to make sure before  i feel confident in doing so. The only thing is I will be 15 weeks at this point and I wanted to  do an early gender scan at 16 weeks so not sure whether or not I should just wait and see or if I should go ahead and book in the early scan for piece of mind. I could always book in a gender scan for 18 weeks. 

@Catlady220 I had a similar experience. When I had my M in March, i found out my best friend was also pregnant. Coincidently we had failed pregnant at the same time. She didn't tell me until April and by then I already sensed  she was. She was really understanding and barely spoke about it infront of me until 2 months later and when I told her I didnt want to see a scan she totally understood. I then realised I needed to show her I was genuinly happy for her and I'll get my happiness at some point. I think talk to her, and be honest about the situation she may realise how she is making you feel and she may not even realise it.

@AyeeshaB goodluck! 
  • Options
     bump at 13+6 days 

• Options
    @AyeeshaB aww amazing. I think i might get a journal to
  • Options
    @AyeeshaB yes amazing news! Great picture too! So does that mean you move to a March due date? 
  • Options
    @AyeeshaB great news, glad all went well
  • Options
    Yes I’m definitely in March group but staying here 
  • Options
    @Timefoebaby2020 i hope so too

@MrsRodgers416 yea i really hope so and no she hasnt .......i tried to get her to go to a grieving mothers group thing a few times but she says they wont understand.......she wasnt in a very good place at the time when she was pregnant and she didnt always put the baby first and did things she definitely shouldnt have done......i dont think she thought about the consequences til things went bad.....her daughter was unplanned and she just i guess thought she would b born perfect no matter what but it didnt work out that way :( ........i mean she tries every once in awhile.....she sends me links to cute dresses and says she wants to buy the crib bc my dad used to do that for all his grandkids but hes no longer here......but i just figured shed b more excited.....we were always sooooooo close n talked about having kids n stuff n she knows how bad i wanted this........my mom thinks shes jealous......her bf is 36 and shes 28 and for some reason she thinks shes too old to have a kid.....i told her she will regret it .....i told her the same thing wont happen again bc shes in a better place and shes healthy and safe.....i hope she will have at least 1 kid bc shed make a great mom  <3

@AyeeshaB glad everything went great love <3 and i have one of the journals similar to urs too.....i develop my belly pics and place them in there and the announcement pic that way its all in one place <3

@Jas2020 i mean i understand how she feels bc when i had my mc i was envious at my best friends SIL bc their pregnancy was perfect......but i guess i just miss her ya know.....we r best friends basically and shes supposed to b there with me thru everything......i think my mom is planning my shower/drive by .....depending on what corona allows bc she doesnt think my sis will want to :/.....love the bump <3

so ladies i read an article that may explain my huge bump lol ....apparently if u r thin and short u show faster.......tall makes bump appear slower and so does thicker women........my hubby laughed at me bc b4 the lockdown i weighed 135(which i loved) but bc work was so demanding at that time i dropped to 117 by the time i found out i was pregnant........so he was like see if u were at ur normal weight that u liked then u still prob wouldnt look pregnant..........and i guess thin women feel baby move faster......my dr said for me to pay attention over the next few weeks .....she said it should happen within the next month....not full kicks but vibrations and flutters <3

• Options
    @AyeeshaB congrats. What lovely news! I'm sure all of our delivery dates will span right across Jan/Feb/March so defo stay here 😉

@Catlady220 I think first time mums are a little behind with showing and feeling sensations generally but of course there will always be exceptions. Shorter and thinner women have less space to hide a baby so it can pop earlier, also women with more developed abdominal muscles will have more support and often show later, there are so many different factors. I don't bloat at all, never have, so I think that plays a role too. It's quite lovely to see so much variety across women. We will all be so round soon and will look back on these little bumps 😍
  • Options
    Post withdrawn
  • Options
    Yeah Cooper won't either, my second didn't, would always find her in her wardrobe or just on the floor. Just stick a gate on the door then pop her in the bed when you go up. That's what we will be doing. 
  • Options
    Sorry, wrong chat 😂😂

Congrats @AyeeshaB, lovely scan pic 😍
  • Options
    @Sophie2791 see im a FTM .....i had a mc but i think it shouldve been classified as a chemical pregnancy bc i was sooooooo early....the dr wouldve ended up taking off a week again so i wouldve been 4 weeks.......but im short only 4'11" and i only weighed 117lbs when i found out i was pregnant lol.....n a lot of my family said i look farther than 12 weeks :/

i did a poll on my fb to see what ppl thought about the gender with a pic of the scan and my belly....6 people said girl and 11 said boy
  • Options
    @Catlady220 you're 4ft11" 😯 that's why you're showing! The baby is about as big as you are 😉, a petite little mama like yourself has nowhere to hide anything. That's fun to do a poll. I still haven't done any social media stuff but I guess there's fun bits like that I haven't thought about.

@ChelleH83 your other chat sounds fun 😜 x
  • Options
    @Sophie2791 it's the January 2019 toddler group, haahaa, discussing wether they're in beds yet or cots. A few said theirs wouldn't stay put in a bed and that was my answer 😂

I was in the due in Jan 2019 group but Cooper made an appearance in December 2018, I stayed with my original group, and we even have some Feb babies in there, a mix of early and late monkeys. 
  • Options
    @Sophie2791 lmao that was supposed to say 5'4" lmao.......i was talking to someone else on fb and was saying how lil my mom n sister are n i put my height there and their height here lmao......I AM 5'4"
  • Options
    @Sophie2791 see im a FTM .....i had a mc but i think it shouldve been classified as a chemical pregnancy bc i was sooooooo early....the dr wouldve ended up taking off a week again so i wouldve been 4 weeks.......but im short only 4'11" and i only weighed 117lbs when i found out i was pregnant lol.....n a lot of my family said i look farther than 12 weeks :/

i did a poll on my fb to see what ppl thought about the gender with a pic of the scan and my belly....6 people said girl and 11 said boy
    I'm 5'4" and 117 lbs
  • Options
    Here’s a question ... does anyone know whether NHS staff are willing to tell you the gender at an earlier scan? I know you can usually see from 16 weeks, but I hadn’t considered asking at my 16 or 18 week cervix scan, I just didn’t think they’d really want to. However my husband said tonight I should ask. Anyone have any experience of this?
  • Options
    I've only ever had a 12 week and 20 week so I wouldn't know I'm afraid. I guess if they can see they may tell you. Can't see why not. 
  • Options
    @ChelleH83 yeah I can’t see there’s any hurt in asking. Not sure why it hadn’t even crossed my mind. Don’t want to get my hopes up though in case they won’t 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions