Forum home Birth clubs Due in February 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in February 2021 - Part 3

Replies

• Options
    @Butsie185 even my app (pregnancy+) said symptoms ease off at that point so I'd say all totally normal. You'll get that relief of knowing in just a few days xx

I've had an emotional day, I let my ex husband know I was pregnant last week. We only seperated in Feb 2019 and had managed to remain friends. I wanted him to hear it from me as was so soon after. We organised a call today, he'd spoken to a therapist who had recommended cutting all contact with me, I totally understand why but it feels like such a shame. He's one of my dearest friends and I care about him so much but it seems so awful that it's been this that has caused us to have to close that door. Has anybody else had difficult situations to deal with regarding thier pregnancy? It's making the whole thing such an emotional roller-coaster! 
  • Options
    @Butsie185 yes love we r at the exact same day n everything is gone for me.....my boobs dont hurt anymore....no more nausea....i can eat anything now....literally the only thing i still have is lil cramps, some pressure, and fatigue and she told me my fatigue and the pressure wont subside bc of my job being physical.....and my babys heartbeat was perfectt......we just gotta last like another month b4 we start to feel them....just try to relax love <3 i know its hard

@Sophie2791 actually yes.....my sister lost her daugher at 5 and a half months pregnant......shes always been weird around babys and kids.....especially if they r girls since.......with my mc when i found out i was pregnant she higged me then went in the other room n cried......since i told her this time i havent really seen her much she seems to never b home when i come over n she always has an excuse not to want to hang out....... it sux bc we r sooooooo close n shes always comforted me thru ttc but i guess she thought it would never happen? or didnt think about when it did? idk but yea same kind of situation.....its sad that something ive waited soooo long for and wanted soooo bad is tearing us apart

• Options
    Aww some lovely growing bellies there 😍 and all nearly 12 weeks! That's so exciting. I've got my gender and well being scan 2 weeks today, can't believe it's so soon! I'll be 17+2 by then. I've struggled to relax and enjoy this all so far but I'm starting to give it a big effort and I think that scan will really help. Might look into journals too @AyeeshaB yours is really cute! 
    I've got my gender and well being scan next sat :) ill be 17+1 by then xx
  • Options
    @Sophie2791 it must be so hard, especially as you had hoped to stay friends. Onviously I don't know why you decided to split, but at least you can take comfort in knowing that its not your choice, maybe seeing you move on and have a baby is too painful for him? 

@Catlady220 hopefully your sister will come around, she's obviously still hurting and trying to process her pain. Give her time, im sure it will all work out.

We have decided to book a gender scan at 16-17 weeks as im not sure i can go 8 weeks until my 20 week scan! 

We have had a nice day out at a National Trust today, was lovely to get some fresh air and have a walk. Super tired now though! 

• Options
    @Butsie185 it just upsets me bc her daughters been gone for 6 years 😐 but I still try to understand.....I just feel like if it's a girl she won't wanna b around them ☹️
    We are also getting a gender scan at 16+2 lol maybe u will get the same day......we don't get a 12 week scan here in the US unless ur high risk.....but I got to hear the heartbeat so I was content n now anytime I get anxious I listen to it
  • Options

14+6 bump pic.
    Actually looks small and neat there but I feel huge and round and wobbly 😂😂
    Think we're going to get a gender and wellbeing scan at 16 weeks with my husband not being allowed to come to my 12 week scan and I doubt he'll be at my 20 week one either. 
  • Options
    awww @ChelleH83 has it not eased where you live? My hubby can come to 12 week tomorrow scan. I have to initially go in and then I can call him to come in at the end which is good 
  • Options
    @AyeeshaB nope not eased at the hospitals at all 😔 we're in the North West, where over half the region is back in some form of lockdown, but where we live isn't. But we do share our hospital trust with an area going back into it all. 
  • Options
    Ahhhhh @AyeeshaB not long to go, what time is your appointment?
  • Options
    Post withdrawn
  • Options
    @Butsie185 it’s at 10.50 so nervous as it was at 12 weeks scan last time I found out 
  • Options
    *found out about my mmc 
  • Options
    AyeeshaB said:
    *found out about my mmc 
    Everything is going to be fine! Plus you have had two scans already so your in a much better place this time. Im glad your husband is allowed to come with you. 

@Rainbows&#38;BabyDust my son starts school in 2 and a bit weeks, i just need to get his school shoes and label all his clothes. The other two are done as they haven't grown out of their stuff and are allowed to wear black trainers so all sorted! 

I'm just sat here researching Roblox party ideas and its my step sons 11th on the day he goes back to school so trying to make it special.
  • Options
    Post withdrawn
  • Options
    @AyeeshaB all the best for your scan today. Hope all will be well.

@Catlady220
    It is sad that you are not able to share this period of yours with your sis, but give her some space too. 
    it's perhaps a matter of time that your sister will evolve. Meeting you is bringing back those unpleasant memories for her now, but who knows that once the baby arrives, she will be the most loving aunt.

Meanwhile, I am undergoing emotional fluctuations a lot these days. Sometimes, I am disinterested and not connected with the baby. At the same time I don't even feel like doing things that I generally love to do. My behavior with OH also changes and I start snapping at small things. I even keep crying in my room or bathroom. 
    And at some other times, I get all excited and start planning about birth, baby and my checklists, how to rearrange or redo the rooms etc. 
    Do you think it is normal to have such ups n downs in pregnancy, or should I seek any professional help? 

• Options
    im so nervous about my wellbeing and gender scan on Sat. my tummy has been growing loads and now all of a sudden it seems to have stopped or gotten smaller a little bit. I am currently 16+3 my scan I will be 17+1. 

• Options
    Good luck for @AyeeshaB cant wait to see the picture! 

@Timefoebaby2020 there is deffo an element of an emotional rollercoaster, your body is going through one of the biggest events that it can handle. The fact that you know it is happening is a good thing as it means your self aware to whats going on. I would monitor it for the next week or so and maybe speak to your midwife, what you dont want to do is leave it to long just in case. 

I started looking into homebirths last night and have found a company to hire a birthing pool from ... eeekkkkk....
  • Options
    im so nervous about my wellbeing and gender scan on Sat. my tummy has been growing loads and now all of a sudden it seems to have stopped or gotten smaller a little bit. I am currently 16+3 my scan I will be 17+1. 
  • Options
    @Butsie185 look at your local Facebook pages too as ladies are often lending out/gifting/selling pools, you just have to buy a liner. My local one is called positive birth but I guess it's different in each place. Lots of free/cheap pregnancy and baby stuff going on them. 

@Timefoebaby2020 I think it's totally normal to feel all over the place but just because it's not unusual doesn't mean you shouldn't talk to someone if you think it'll help. It's normal for tummies to grow and stretch in pregnancy but we still use creams and balms to limit the trauma, you can do this with your mental health too. Speak to your midwife or GP, you won't be forced into anything but it could be beneficial to let them know and hear the advice. Let us know how it goes xx

@AyeeshaB good luck xxx
  • Options
    My tummy has really expanded this week and had to put on maternity jeans and my boobs are soooo sore- have my girls well earned not to jump on me and living in the comfy bras from Asda. They were fine the first 3 months and now they are sore 😕. Have my 16 week consultant appointment on Wednesday. 
    @Timefoebaby2020 my emotions are all over the place too- up and downs like yourself. If your concerned def say to midwife. I think I need a really good coffee date with my bestie to put things right. My eldest girl had her first pony show at the weekend so have been busy with that and school shopping as well. 
    @Catlady220 hopefully your sister will come round- it’s obviously still very raw for her. Has she had counselling regarding her loss? I’ve had a lot of friends and family announce they are pregnant lately- so happy my little one with have lots of buddies to play with. 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions