Forum home Birth clubs Due in January 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in January 2019 - Part 3

Replies

• Options

Thanks everyone for the welcome.

Zoenew I'm in South Somerset UK my consultant told me NHS policy is before 24 weeks they're not allowed to put a stitch in after that unless it's an emergency stitch. Before 24 weeks depending on which trust you're in some will put a stitch in if you drop below 25 and others 20 however my consultant said if I dropped below 25 she would put a stitch in due to previous rupture in last pregnancy.

I am being cervical scanned every week from week 14 which is the earliest they'll put a stitch in I believe, up until 23rd week as I've been told no stitch past 24 weeks unless emergency and then you mustn't have dilated past 3cm for an emergency.

I believe some women opt for the pessaries and are fine. I think with my previous history my consultant wanted the stitch for me but luckily my length has stayed at an ok length so far.

Hope that helps :)

• Options

Ah Northerngal, 

Thats really helpful, thank you! The doctor didn't even mention the stitch to me & seemed not too worried at all, it was only because I did some research when I got home! I haven't seen a consultant etc as only found out today at my 20 wk sCan. I have a further appointment in two weeks to check length After using the pessaries. I'm going to call the Midwife tomorrow and see what she makes of it all. 

Bandaid- I messaged you back ☺️ Thank you! 

Xxx

• Options

Thanks ladies for the feedback. Welcome Northerngal, I had a procedure done years ago maybe 10 now that shorten my cervix does it come back in lengt? Silly question but I’m curious. Even though it hasn’t been mentioned to me yet so we’ll see 

• Options

Had my first nipple leak last night right as I was about to go to sleep. That was an experience. In our infinite maturity both my partner and I found it hilarious 

• Options

Dee2Dee I had a procedure to which is why I was on extra checks - however there was no issue at all. They should be checking your cervix at your scans anyways I just had some extra ones.

• Options

Hi everyone. We know quite a few of you on this thread are long time members of the MFM forum, so we would love to ask you, how can we make this forum work better for you? Please come over to this thread to tell us. We’d love your feedback, good or bad. Thank you so much. 😊

PS Don’t forget we have FREE tickets to The Baby Show - to win them, head here! 

• Options

Haha Chech I had a nipple leak in the hospital shortly after Chunk was born but as my husband had packed the overnight bag I didn't have any pads on me... I did however have Chunks nappies..... and yes I did use a nappy on my boobs just so I could get a few hours sleep!

• Options

Hi everyone my name is Chrystal and I am new here( from Trinidad) . On baby number 3 due on January 14th, 2019. Cannot wait for my baby to be born healthy basically because I have bad acid reflux and vomiting. Thought it would have stopped by now but the journey continues. By the way I am 24 weeks pregnant.

• Options

Welcome Chrystal! Hope it all settles down soon for you! I'm 24+4 today x

• Options

Welcome Chrystal I’m 22wks. 

• Options

Anyone got a nickname for their bump or little one yet? Chunk was dubbed Sprogladite (by his dad) to begin with but once I started getting movements he was called Little Fidget as he just didnt stop. 

This time round its just the twins which I am finding really boring. 

• Options

When the baby was really little we referred to him as ”the jellybean” because that’s what he looked like At the first scan we had.

now we just refer to him as “the boy“. 

• Options

Welcome to the new ladies. 

Our poor boy has been dubbed number 4. Not very imaginative. Tbh though we've never given any a nickname, so boring xxx

• Options

While you're talking baby names, we have an article on Winter Baby names. Some are a bit random! 

• Options

We are lovingly referring to our bump as ''wee wriggly" as I think it describes him well. Also means we can discuss in front of family who don't know he/she. 

• Options

No nicknames from us. My brother and SIL called theirs Emily which was super weird when she was born and given a differe't name! My dad still calls her Emily some times

• Options

Chelle I am glad to hear I am not the only one with the unimaginative nickname :-) I love Wee Wiggly. Bandaid, what did your brother and SIL call their little girl if not Emily? Did they decide they didnt like the name Emily any more or was that never intended to be the name when she arrived?

Super excited as we are on the name topic... I "Think" we have chosen the First and Middle names for both twins eeek! 

How is everyone doing? I sprained my ankle on Wed so have been made to rest and had family over to help with Chunk. But feeling loads better and looking forward to Chunks first ever friends 1st Birthday Party at the weekend. x

• Options

They called her Amelia... which was even more confusing because it wasn't far off Emily but they never intended on using Emily so I've really no idea what possessed them!

Good job on the names - we have zero and you've managed to choose 4!!! 

• Options

Hey girls! I'm 26 weeks today and having terrible pain in my coccyx bone... image sitting hurts, standing hurts... It's horrible. Someone told me I should try one of the support belts... Has anyone tried one?! Been sitting in a donut cushion at work today. image

• Options

Btw... We call my bump Ralph! No idea why and can't remember who started it!! Don't even know the sex of the baby so not sure why we picked a boy nickname!