Forum home Birth clubs Due in January 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in January 2019 - Part 3

Replies

• Options

I still don't really feel anything. I do have an anterior placenta which can reduce what you feel plus I am overweight so think it's fairly normal. Had three healthy scans and midwife listened to the heartbeat last week :) 

We set up some nursery furniture yesterday, got it all off EBay for £180 and it's soo cute :-) 

• Options

It is quite normal Lou. I had an anterior placenta with my last baby... did eventually feel movements but so much later!

It's so exciting getting everything ready... have you got a nursery pic you can share?

I have little man's wardrobe fully stocked but he won't have a nursery until we move into our bigger house next year so everything is in with us. Won't be getting the next to me vtib etc out until nearer the time... xxx

• Options

Apricot! Can I ask you a question, is there a lead time to get booked into a hospital or like a cut off? 

ive just had to change doctors Cos I’ve moved and I now need to change midwife too. I can’t get an appointment for 3 weeks by which point I’m 27 weeks. Will this be enough time for my chosen hospital? If I need to go to the one related to where I used to live it’s at least an hours drive 😖

• Options

Chech, you can transfer trust at any point in the pregnancy or just rock-up at the closest hospital in an emergency if needs be...

If no joy getting an appt with new midwife directly, call your new hospital and ask to be put through to antenatal clinic and discuss with them. 

It's obviously so much better if you transfer properly and in good time- ideally they will arrange another booking appt for you and get all your details only their system and give you a new set of notes. You then carry both the old and new set together and after the birth the old set should be sent back to your old hospital to be filed with your records there xxx

• Options

I phoned the maternity unit today they were sort of like “ehhhh it should be ok...just try and get sorted as soon as possible...we can’t tale a referral unless it’s through a midwife” but ASAP is 4th October. 

My old midwife had advised me to stay with her until 23 weeks so I could have all my scans through there (still work near Where I used to live) but she assured me it would all be fine and would just be an electronic transfer of notes.

thanks so much for your help though that’s really reassuring 

• Options

I forget that some of the Trusts you girls are booked at have gone high tech digital lol. My trust still has paper notes and we manually input the details into our system... hopefully it should be very easy for your midwife to do when you see her. In the meantime I wouldn't worry- as I said you can always access emergency care at your local hospital whether you are booked there or not xxx

• Options

Sorry ladies to mither, just looking for some advice. i got home from work today and oh (bless him) has been doing aload of painting touching everywhere up.

The house smells so strongly of paint, he’s  been using satin on wood is this safe for me to be around? I’ve got a lot of windows open etc x

• Options

I looked into this because I want to paint our nursery myself Brookes and I’m fairly confident that because paint isn’t lead based anymore it’s fine. As long as you have as much ventilation as possible it should be alright. Obviously if you feel any effects From it like light headedness then seek further advice 

• Options

Thanks chech, Ive got the windows etc open i would get the fan out but I’m cold now as it is 😂 I’m hoping I’ll be ok was debating staying at my mums tonight but it’s a lot of messing around. 

its solvent based the one he used, hope that will be ok. I’m only 8 weeks 😣 x

• Options

Oh My Goodness!!! Ladies where do you find the time to chat soo much! image I am only jealous. Sorry I have not been on for a while, I tried to keep up with you but failed. I havent even found the time to catch up with everything that has been going on, this chat is just too quick for me. 

Update on me. I am 24 weeks tomorrow and feel like a balloon! I can feel the girls kicking but the pressure is what is a pain at the moment as it feels like my tummy is going to pop and means I struggle to stand up for long periods. Its getting harder to look after Chunk as well, he is so fast when he crawls now i struggle to keep up with him. Luckily he is pulling himself up now which is a huge help when trying to get him out of the travel cot as I cant bend over and pick him up if he is lying down. 

I think I have accepted that the twins will arrive via a c-section so we have just been thinking about how I am going to manage looking after the three of them and give myself time to recover. We have got our double pushchair though, if there are any runners in the group I would recommend the Out n About Nipper. I have the single running pushchair for Chunk and its amazing so invested in the double with a swivel front wheel that can lock for running :-) 

Hope everyone is doing well and babies are all being wiggly beans x

• Options

Oh gosh I feel for you Lilxamz, I only have one inside and I feel like that at the moment. Can't put my socks on easy any more, struggling to drive already, trying to get Skye for a nappy change or get her dressed is a nightmare, even putting her to bed and I've still got 3 and half months to go 😭

I'm after some advice ladies. Been told by a member of staff from my shop today not to touch some stuff as it has rat poison around it, apparently the other manager has smelt rat wee and seen dropping in our stock/sorting room. I'm slightly peed off as no one has bothered to tell me apart from this lady tonight. If there are rats what should I do? Surely a risk assessment should have been done for me cos of all the diseases rats spread. Should I phone my hr department? 

• Options

Hi ladies

Im sorry I've not been on for a while, but I had my little girl Hannah Grace, born sleeping last Wednesday. I just wanted to wish you all well in your pregnancies and good luck. 

Much love Sonia xxxx

• Options

Sonia I am so so truly sorry for your loss my heart breaks for you. I cannot imagine what you’re going through and I imagine it will be hard to hang around here but I hope you have all the support you need to get through this xx

• Options

Oh Sonia I am sorry to hear of your loss, sending you lots of love. x

• Options

Sonia,

So sorry to hear your news.

Sending all my love and best wishes to you and your family at this sad time. 

If you ever need an online listening ear we are here xxxx

• Options

Sonia, 

I'm so sorry to hear that!

Sending you lots and love and hugs at this sad time.

xxx

• Options

Sonia so sorry to hear this. Much love being sent to you. Xxx

• Options

Sonia, my heart is breaking for you and your family. Hannah grace is a beautiful name for a beautiful angel. I hope you have plenty of love and support around you X 

• Options

Sonia, I’m so sorry to hear of this. My heart breaks for you I think we were due date partners. Please if you need to talk don’t hesitate to do so. I love the name Hannah Grace! You and your family are in my prayers😢

• Options

Sonia my heart breaks for you and your family! Sending lots of love xx