Forum home Birth clubs Due in January 2022
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in January 2022

Replies

• Options
    @H27B thank you :) it really was lovely :) 
    I bet u cannot wait for Thursday to come!!! Do u have a rough idea when u think you will be due? Xx
  • Options
    @Thirdbabymaybe I honestly can’t as much anxiety is through the roof again! If I wake up feeling normal and having no symptoms or a bloated belly I start to panic, hope this worry eases off soon! 

At the minute from private scans they’ve put me at 13th jan, so a nice gap between Christmas and new year, do you have an estimated date yet? Xx
  • Options
    @H27B I am exactly exactly the same!!! My scan on Friday I closed my eyes then lady said it’s fine I literally felt great all day yesterday now today I’m back to counting the days till next scan again. My EPU did say after 12 weeks the risks are the same for everyone and never really change throughout pregnancy so I just keep thinking aim for 12. 
    Awww that’s really close to my date :) I’ve been given the 17th yesterday but I’ll be give a c section so prob about 13-14th :) xx
  • Options
    @Thirdbabymaybe it’s awful how much we worry isn’t it, but I keep thinking the same once I get to 12 I’ll be okay! 

Ahh that’s really close! Did you have a c section with your others? I really want one I think, this is my first baby but none of my sisters or cousins births have ever ended naturally they’ve all had complications and so that really puts me off going natural. X
  • Options
    @H27B yeah I had a planned c section with my eldest who turns 11 this year because she was breach and they didn’t give an option for safety reasons. Then because I had a fairly small gap between pregnancies I was advised that the safest option was elective section with second. This time I won’t even question it tbh I did with second but looking back I actually had really lovely experiences with my c sections. I imagine an emergency one is completely different but with planned ones it’s very calm and your talked through the full process and there was no trauma or anything stressful. Obv the recovery can be longer but then again ladies that have traumatic births would I’m sure argue otherwise. Can I ask are you within the UK? Xx
  • Options
    @Thirdbabymaybe ahh right that makes sense, my sister was the same as she had a c section with her first and her second was not long after she was advised to do the same. That’s nice that it was a good experience for you I suppose there is definitely pros and cons to both to be honest as well it’s what is best for you.

Yes I’m in the UK, I’m from liverpool ☺️ Are you from the UK? I know technically you’re not supposed to really choose are you between natural and a c section but the NHS website does say you can and if your doctor isn’t willing to do one they have to transfer you to one who will. So hopefully I can discuss it all with my midwife xx
  • Options
    H27B said:
    @Thirdbabymaybe ahh right that makes sense, my sister was the same as she had a c section with her first and her second was not long after she was advised to do the same. That’s nice that it was a good experience for you I suppose there is definitely pros and cons to both to be honest as well it’s what is best for you.

Yes I’m in the UK, I’m from liverpool ☺️ Are you from the UK? I know technically you’re not supposed to really choose are you between natural and a c section but the NHS website does say you can and if your doctor isn’t willing to do one they have to transfer you to one who will. So hopefully I can discuss it all with my midwife xx
    I’m in Southport not far from you! And we’re due very close I’m 10th jan
    xx
  • Options
    @ARoseatdawn ahh lovely!! So nice seeing where everybody is from ☺️ What hospital would you be going to then would you go to a closer one to you or to the women’s? X
  • Options
    @H27B yeah absolutely have that conversation and your worries… I have had friends that have had super straightforward births and then like you mentioned ones that haven’t….. 
    im just outside Edinburgh :) xx
  • Options
    H27B said:
    @ARoseatdawn ahh lovely!! So nice seeing where everybody is from ☺️ What hospital would you be going to then would you go to a closer one to you or to the women’s? X
    I’m going to ormskirk as it’s only about 20mins from us, the women’s would be over an hour depending on traffic x
  • Options
    @Thirdbabymaybe it’s a really hard decision isn’t it especially when people love telling you their experiences! Ahh lovely to know where people are from! X

@ARoseatdawn oh that makes sense then definitely, we have whiston or the women’s both quite close but I’ve chosen the women’s for now ☺️ X
  • Options
    Hi all! I had my 12 week scan today, although I’m actually 11 weeks on the dot, so definitely as per my timings than my midwifes! Everything looks perfect, annoyingly I was 2 days too early for any screening tests so have to go back in two weeks, although I’m not complaining about getting to see the baby again 😍 

• Options
    H27B said:
    Hi all! I had my 12 week scan today, although I’m actually 11 weeks on the dot, so definitely as per my timings than my midwifes! Everything looks perfect, annoyingly I was 2 days too early for any screening tests so have to go back in two weeks, although I’m not complaining about getting to see the baby again 😍 

Glad everything went well for you! 
    There’s bright sides to everything bet you already can’t wait to see baby again!
  • Options
    @H27B oh wow! Beautiful!!! Plus point is another little scan to look forward to :) xx
  • Options
    Hi everyone, would you mind if I joined you all? I’m due 6th Feb but as we’re having twins, they’ll probably come early 👶🏼👶🏼 I’m 7+6 today 💕
    💕👶🏼💕👶🏼
  • Options
    Hi everyone, would you mind if I joined you all? I’m due 6th Feb but as we’re having twins, they’ll probably come early 👶🏼👶🏼 I’m 7+6 today 💕
    💕👶🏼💕👶🏼
    Not at all, congratulations and twins wow that’s such lovely news 😍 !! 
  • Options
    Wanted to pop in and say hello as well. Based on lmp I was originally dated for 25/12/21 but when we went for scan I was showing as 11+2 instead of 12+3 which means I’m due 1/1/22. I’ve been mostly staying close to the other group but wanted to support you all as well. It sounds like it has been quite an unsettling time for several of you. 

I have HG but I’ll take that any day over the unknown bleeds. Sending love to those struggling with it. 

Currently am 13 weeks. This is my second baby so I can definitely relate to the toddler running around!! So scary when they bounce onto our bellies and with all their oomph! 

I’m in York for those querying where everyone is at but I’m originally from the US— family have yet to meet our first due to covid and now looks like they’ll get two for one when we do get to visit aha. 
  • Options
    Welcome Pink cupcake how exciting twins!!! and welcome Dani Feb :) 
    I had a scan yesterday showed I was 10+6 and 12 week scan is next Tuesday. 
    This is the longest into pregnancy we have got now since my youngest who is 8 so I have everything crossed…. Yesterday baby was like a little jumping bean and wiggling constantly :)

• Options
    Hi @DaniFeb20 how lovely for your family to eventually meet two 😍🥰

ahh @Thirdbabymaybe what a gorgeous picture, hopefully that’s some reassurance for you and fingers crossed next weeks scan goes well which I am sure it will! 
  • Options
    Good morning! How’s everyone doing with symptoms? I’m finding this time so much different than with my first. Basically unless I’m constantly eating I feel sick!! So right now I’m super bloated! Feeling so pregnant and I’m only 9/10 weeks 😂😂😂😂