Forum home Birth clubs Due in January 2022
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in January 2022

Replies

• Options
    I have a scan tomorrow morning because I had some bleeding last week, but no pain or anything like that...I should be 7+3 tomorrow, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up. I don't know if it's psychological or not (because I had a bleed) but I don't feel right in my body and just feel as if somethings wrong😕
  • Options
    @H27B awww amazing news :) it’s so reassuring isn’t it. God knows how ladies did it pre scans! So thankfully private scan clinics are back open.. I would have been climbing the
    walls with worry. We have another one booked for Friday of this week. Xx
    I know how did they do it!! Ahh how exciting let me know how you get on xx
  • Options
    I have a scan tomorrow morning because I had some bleeding last week, but no pain or anything like that...I should be 7+3 tomorrow, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up. I don't know if it's psychological or not (because I had a bleed) but I don't feel right in my body and just feel as if somethings wrong😕
    Ahh I’m so sorry to hear you have had some bleeding and are worried. I have heard lots of people bleeding throughout the first trimester and everything has been fine. Our mind plays tricks on us and makes us think negatively but fingers crossed everything is okay for you! Thinking of you and let us know how you get on, got everything crossed for you xx
  • Options
    My MIL had her periods when she was pregnant and I also had some bad bleeding and went EPU and all fine so try not to stress, although Im not one to talk as I stress over everything! 
  • Options
    @RebeccaD09 hope your scan went okay! X

@ARoseatdawn good luck with your scan today, hope it all goes well x

• Options
    H27B said:

Thankyou 🤞🏻
    Are you still symptom-less or have some come back? X
  • Options
    H27B said:

Thanks, forgot to reply in here😂 scan went well, baby is fine and we saw the heartbeat, I have my booking phone consultation on Monday and I'm assuming after that she'll give me a date for my dating scan, cause the booking appointment is done through the phone just now. Not sure if it's the same for everyone else or if it's just Scotland x
  • Options
    H27B said:

Thankyou 🤞🏻
    Still symptom-less to be honest, I have sore boobs every now and then but no sickly feeling anymore which I’m glad about now I know everything is okay! X
  • Options
    H27B said:

Thanks, forgot to reply in here😂 scan went well, baby is fine and we saw the heartbeat, I have my booking phone consultation on Monday and I'm assuming after that she'll give me a date for my dating scan, cause the booking appointment is done through the phone just now. Not sure if it's the same for everyone else or if it's just Scotland x
    Ahh I’m glad!! I’m in England and it was the same for me, they had my number wrong so didn’t even call me and I had to chase a few times and finally got through and had a rushed 20 minute call which wasn’t ideal but my scan letter came through literally about 3 days later which was good. It’s so exciting x
  • Options
    H27B said:
    H27B said:

Thankyou 🤞🏻
    Still symptom-less to be honest, I have sore boobs every now and then but no sickly feeling anymore which I’m glad about now I know everything is okay! X
    Everything went well ☺️
  • Options
    H27B said:
    H27B said:

Thankyou 🤞🏻
    Everything went well ☺️
    Such good news !! X
  • Options
    H27B said:
    H27B said:

Ahh I’m glad!! I’m in England and it was the same for me, they had my number wrong so didn’t even call me and I had to chase a few times and finally got through and had a rushed 20 minute call which wasn’t ideal but my scan letter came through literally about 3 days later which was good. It’s so exciting x
    Roughly what week did your booking appointment take place, and what week is your scan for? In my first pregnancy the booking scan was from 11 weeks on, but the phone consultation will take place at 8+6🤔 I'm assuming the scan will be from 11 weeks onwards x
  • Options
    H27B said:
    H27B said:

Roughly what week did your booking appointment take place, and what week is your scan for? In my first pregnancy the booking scan was from 11 weeks on, but the phone consultation will take place at 8+6🤔 I'm assuming the scan will be from 11 weeks onwards x
    I had my phone appointment with the midwife at about 7 +4 weeks, but they thought I was 9 weeks just based on my last period but I had irregular cycles so I knew I wasn’t that far along. They think I’ll be 12 + 6 for my scan next week but I’m actually going to be 11 weeks as I’ve had two private scans that have put me at 10 weeks now. A little annoying that I won’t be 12 weeks as I’d rather have my scan closer to that time but I think it will still look more like a proper little baby than my other scans have x
  • Options
    H27B said:
    H27B said:
    H27B said:

I had my phone appointment with the midwife at about 7 +4 weeks, but they thought I was 9 weeks just based on my last period but I had irregular cycles so I knew I wasn’t that far along. They think I’ll be 12 + 6 for my scan next week but I’m actually going to be 11 weeks as I’ve had two private scans that have put me at 10 weeks now. A little annoying that I won’t be 12 weeks as I’d rather have my scan closer to that time but I think it will still look more like a proper little baby than my other scans have x
    So with my first pregnancy, based on my last period I should have been 12+3 when I went for my booking scan, but when I had it I was only 10+5, so I had to go back for another one cause they can only do the '12 week' scan between 11w and 13+6 (I think that was the time frame for it, can't quite remember), and like you, I had had really irregular periods, so I'm actually quite glad that at my scan on Monday when they measured the baby it was measuring at 7+5, when based on my last period I should have been 7+3. I know at this stage its really difficult to give an accurate date so I might not be 8 weeks now, buy at least I'm in the correct range😂 it was the longest waiting ever waiting on my second '12 week scan'🙄🙄x
  • Options
    @RebeccaD09 ahh I didn’t know they would rescan a week later thats good to know then if I do just fall outside of 11 weeks. Really hope I catch up by a couple of days, as you say it can be hard to estimate it at the minute as a mm can make all the difference can’t it. It’s so exciting though, hope you get your appointment for your scan through quickly so you can be on the count down for it 😅 x
  • Options
    H27B said:

For me I’m in London and my appointment booking with the midwife it’s in the hospital. I’m surprised they do it over the phone because normally on that appointment they take blood and urine samples 
  • Options
    H27B said:

For me I’m in London and my appointment booking with the midwife it’s in the hospital. I’m surprised they do it over the phone because normally on that appointment they take blood and urine samples 
    I'm assuming they will do that when you're in for the scan, I think they are trying to limit the amount of face to face contact that they have so will do all the paperwork side of things over the phone 
  • Options
    I had my booking in on the phone last week (9ish weeks) then I have ny first face to face this saturday where they are doing bloods etc (10 weeks ish) then I have my dating scan at 12ish weeks and then another midwife appt at 16ish weeks (then I am guessing 20 week scan but thats not booked in yet) x
  • Options
    Hi ladies hope everyone is well :) I’ve had my dating app with midwife had it over the phone then few days later had to go in for bloods urine bmi etc, had scan today privately and dates have all caught up and are exactly what I expected so I’m 9+4 huge difference with scan now baby was wiggling :) 
    I have next scan at 12 weeks. X
  • Options
    @Thirdbabymaybe that’s such good news !! It’s crazy when you see them wiggling about isn’t it. Not long to wait until you see them again at 12 weeks.

I can’t wait for my 12 week scan next Thursday although I think I’ll be more like 11 weeks to be honest, hopefully I catch up by a couple of days though. 

Is everybody finding out what they’re having?