Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in July 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in July 2017 - Part 3

Replies

• Options

I've decided to work all the way up to my due date. I'm not massive at the moment - some people still don't know I'm pregnant and we are in the third trimester!! I also work in an office which allow us flexi time and to wear what we want so I will be making my way into work slowly and will feel comfy as I get to wear whatever. Its quite a relaxed place to work so I've said unless something comes up between now and then that means I need to finish early or unless I feel a bit tired and need to finish early I am going up until the Friday before my due date. A bit crazy but I would rather be busy than at home spending money and waiting - especially as I haven't been ill or had any difficulties yet other than some tiredness. 

• Options

That's a sensible idea Cgal I'm going to try work up to 34 weeks before I finish for my annual leave then maternity I just figure the longer I'm working im earning money and get more time off after Charlie is here 

• Options

Yeah i can tag my annual leave on to the end so hoping to do that. That way I can spend more time with the baby and accumulate more additional holidays on top of my normal annual leave - you get additional hours holidays on top of annual leave for every full week you work. But as this is 'flexi hours' its not something covered by maternity like normal annual leave is. 

• Options

That sounds lovely more quality time with baba. 

How's everyone doing we seem to have all been a bit quiet lately? I cleared out the nursery yesterday ready to start decorating it on my next day off I'm trying to use the few says olly is at nursery to be productive around the house it's impossible to do with a toddler hanging off your leg 

• Options

Post withdrawn at user's request
    MFM

• Options

Oh that sounds awful and I've put on loads more than that I wouldn't worry too much they are clearly keep an eye on you Just trying to stay in control I guess have the pregnancy you want. I kinda know what you mean with the heart thing I've had problems with mine going too fast and in an abnormal rythem so I've had my this is what going to happen if anything goes wrong.

i had a massive spring clean today but think I over did it and now I'm tired lol 

hope everyone else is well 

• Options

miracle mummy, hope you're okay. Hopefully having all the doctor help will be a good thing in the long run. Don't worry about the weight, I've put on nearly two stone since the start of my pregnancy, although I don't know how So kind of hoping no one says anything. I assume every pregnancy is different in terms of weight gain etc.

• Options

Sorry to hear you're having such a rough time miracle i think we've all gained some weight chick it's normal to in pregnancy. Back at work tonight 😥 and we're short of staff my back is fucking killing me think he's lying on my back nerves again. 

• Options

That sounds awful miracle. I'm ok my back is killing me too can't sit down or stand as both hurt dunno what to do

• Options

How are you all feeling today?

• Options

I know what you mean. It pains me to get up off a chair but then I can't stand for long. If I lie too flat on the sofa I get heartburn too lol. I have to kinda lie on my side with a 1000 pillows but havent been able to transfer that position into work. Have you tried the ball? I've got one somewhere that I need to get blown up.

I'm on the final countdown in work...5 shifts to go!

I know I'm suffering from pelvic pain but I've also got a strange pressure feeling. It's like if I press up between my legs it's agony. I think it must be other muscles around the pubic bone but it's such a weird feeling and hard to describe. 

Got the midwife tomorrow so getting my blood checked. Looking forward to hearing the heartbeat.

In my last pregnancy baths were my saving grace. This time within 5 mins I'm fighting to stay awake. Glad ots not deep enough to drown in.

• Options

Aww katt count them down sweetie I have ages left. I'm getting pains in my pelvis and my vagina hurts feels like it's gonna burst :/ cnt believe we're all in or nearly starting our third trimesters ladies 

• Options

My bath is so small it annoys me I nearly emptied it last night cuz I slipped down the bath and the water came flying out was so funny. I think it must be the smallest size bath you can get.

I haven't had pressure but been getting strange pains in my left side cant wait for the midwife on Tuesday 

• Options

Hi everyone. Hope you are all well today and not having too many aches and pains today. 

Just wondered if anyone is going to buy the strep b test? Can't decide whether to get one or not. 

• Options

I'm not going to buy one I've had mine tested a few weeks ago but you can request them from the GP or say you've had strange discharge and they will test for it anyway. I think there will be a big push on this soon and it will become standard.

• Options

I think the problem is you can test positive one week and not the next. I never bothered with my last pregnancy cause of that.

Had the midwife today. Although I'm measuring spot on I've not actually put any weight on cause my sickness is that bad still. BP was fine too. They said they don't normally bring 2nd time mums back until 34 weeks but I've to come back to 32 to check my weight.

I went today and ordered my double buggy. My mum paid the majority of it so that's a wee money pressure off my mind.

Is anyone getting mouth ulcers?

• Options

imageHow are everyone's bumps coming along? This is me tonight. 27 weeks xx 

• Options

I think it should be made compulsory I don't remember being tested for strep B with olly either

What pushchair did you go for Katt? 

Nice little bump Louise I just look fat in my work uniform atm 

• Options

I went for the baby jogger city mini gt. I wanted a side by side one and it was quite high up and I'm quite tall so preferred that to some of the others. They've got good resale market so hopefully I'll get some money back on it when my son doesn't want to go in it. I bought a cheap double for £50 too cause ir was last in stock and thought I can keep that at my mums and then for any holidays down the line.

Ask your midwife about strep b but if they bring in testing for all you might get a negative result but be positive later on. Try not worry, midwifes have been spotting the signs for decades it's just unfortunate when mistakes happy they cause panic. I try not read too many stories. The trick is to say you think you've got a urine infection if you wanted tested

• Options

this is me at 27 weeks! I love how different everyone's bump looks so cute