Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in July 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in July 2017 - Part 3

Replies

• Options

Ooh I love mr whippy ice creams :( I could just eat one now. I've woken up with pins and needles in my feet again 😥😬

• Options

Wonder if your sleeping funny and it's squashing a nerve mummytoolly

i used to work in McDonald's and they do clean the machines daily but I guess that will now be a treat when he's here lol ! 

Yeah they are good not all the services are good but the maternity ones seem to be 

Hope you still feel pampered if a little hot hehe 

• Options

It's burning outside lol think I might have to get myself some non alcoholic cider to have over the weekend :) bbq time 

• Options

It's beautiful just been in my mums paddling. Pool for half an hour and my legs feel sooooo much better i actully have ankles again lol 😂 

what are the non alcoholic ciders like ? 

• Options

They're nice chick the kopperberg mixed fruits are lovely 

• Options

How did eveeyone sleep? I ended up moving onto the sofa at 1am as just couldn't sleep in bed, was too hot and noisy. 

Funeral went okay yesterday, was so hot in the chapel though that I had to leave after 5 mins and move to the door as got so hot and clammy, thought I was going to end up on the floor.

• Options

Oh dizzy glad it went ok hope your feeling ok now. 

I didn't sleep too bad last night only woke up about 5 times lol 😂 tried sleeping in wet cold socks to cool my feet down but the room was that hot they dried after about 3 hours Lol ! I'm not sure what I was really expecting. 

Is anyone worried about the heat when the baby comes. I don't know how we are going to cool our room down enough for him. 

• Options

The cold socks sound like a good idea though. My feet were really swollen and itchy last night, only relived when I put them on a massive cushion on the sofa.

Our flat is currently about 25C so slightly nervous for it as we don't reallt know how to cool it down. Can only think that he'll be in barely any clothes to start with. 

• Options

I was so annoyed yesterday. My husband's aunt decided to throw a BBQ. I said no initially as it was starting at 6 and Patrick normally goes to bed at 7 so they came back and said 5 so I thought OK we'll go up for a bit. When we got there they'd on just like the BBQ so it was a big smokey cloud and it was still 25oC so he was running about and he turned a shade of red I'd never seen, was sweating and then was sick! By 630 he just needed to be home and there was still no food ready. Felt like I was going to pass out. I hadn't ate since my McDonald's breakfast. 

When my husband came home it became clear the bed wasn't big enough for two tossing and turning sweaty adults so I went to lie on the sofa for a bit but the living room was actually cool so grabbed all my pillows and slept. First time I've slept for ages.

Husband away to the Scottish cup final today so got my son on my own AGAIN. I think he forgets I'm 35 weeks pregnant.

I'm looking forward to the thunder and lightening later on. Hopefully clear things up.

I'm in Scotland so don't get a lot of hot weather so I don't cope well with it. Before we found out we were expecting number 2 we had been invited to Spain for two weeks with my husband's extended family and my husband fell out with me for weeks as I'd said no. I said taking our son abroad for the first time at 17 months to 30+ temp for two weeks would be ridiculous and I think last night I was vindicated. 

Sorry for the long rant.

• Options

Oh Katt that's no good maybe hubby will settle down when baby comes plus there's no more football over the summer hehe 

currently in the assessment unit they rang me to say me acid bile level is high and they want to see me today so I'm so glad I went yesterday. I don't really know whats going to happen yet just waiting for the doctors but currently being monitored.

hope you ladies are all ok x

• Options

Hope you're okay Lillian and the unit can help. How do they test for acid bile?

• Options

It's just a blood test I only had it done yesterday at 11 and they rang me at 10o'clock this morning to say it's high and I need to come in. I'm back on Tuesday to talk to the doctors more they have ran more tests on my liver and repeated the test that's come back high today. 

Ill be tested every week now and back onto consultant lead care. I have to watch out for movement really carefully and if all the other tests come back fine they won't let me go over 37 weeks so looks like he'll be coming early 

• Options

Wow I've missed so much today firstly ladies I recommend getting a Gro egg they're amazing honestly I got one for olly and still use it in his room now I've purchased Charlie one as well it changes colour to indicate the temperature think blue is cold yellow is fine and red is hot. 

I slept badly last night I gave up and got up at five this morning my oh was snoring like a pig alrite for some hey its just to bloody warm in our room atm. 

Katt sorry to hear about your bbq hope your little boy is okay now this sun is awful I keep worrying about how long ollys out in it I try and limit him. You should go out one night even if it's with your mates for a meal and leave him on babysitting duty 

Lillian what's acid bile? 

• Options

The gro egg is great. If the room is below 16 it goes blue, 16-20 is yellow as ideal, 20-24 I think is orange as a bit warm and 25+ is red as too hot. If you buy the gro bags they also tell you what ideal sleep layers are depending on the temp and different tog of bag.

I had my two nights away and it was great, problem is I just can't be bothered going out at night. 

Me and the boy are having a pj day. The rain is clearing up some of the humidity 

• Options

I'm the same chick my oh is taking me for a meal later for my birthday whilst my mum watches olly for a hour I always feel guilty leaving him tho lol. I cnt be bothered to do much now either there's a meal at work in a few weeks they've invited me to hopefully I'll feel like going 

• Options

It's something to do with the liver that indicated Obstetric Cholestasis which has a small increase in causing still births. mine isn't crazy high but just means if nothing else is causing it then I cannot go over 37 weeks. It's apprently really rare. That's what's causing my itching the acid sits understand the skin and makes you itch 

• Options

Wow that sounds nasty :/ I have dry skin so I'm always itching have to lather myself in e45 wow 37 weeks isn't long now bbe are you prepared for baby

• Options

Erm yes lol 😂 I need a mattress for my swinging crib but apart from a new bits we are all good. 

Im going to buy some small baby grows because im not measuring big and I don't think he'll be big so nothing will fit him if he needs to  come early. Relatives have said dont be silly your just worrying but I like to wash everything first And Ill just get a pack of white vests and baby grows £10 at max ! 

Its nice it's abit cooler today it was so hot in the hospital goodness knows what it's like on a hot day lol 

• Options

I spent most of June in the pau and it was red hot so I can sympathise with you on that.

I don't know what's got into olly today but he's been off on one all day 😢 

• Options

Aww bless you is he hard work ?