Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in July 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in July 2018

Replies

• Options

My children are girl 19, girl 17, girl 14, boy 11, girl 10, boy 5, boy 3, girl 2....sadly I have fallen out of the July 2018 Club :( My pregnancy was just chemical...3 faint line tests....then yesterday started to bleed. Wasn't sure I was ready as this baby was a surprise...but now that I'm not pregnant any longer I'm sure I want just 1 more....will try again asap Good luck to to you all...children a such a blessing xo

• Options

Soon2b9 I’m so sorry to hear that, I’m glad you now know what you want and wish you all the luck in the world that you get your 9th baby! 

• Options

Hello, I have been lurking here since some very faint positives last week but only just mustered up the courage to make an account and post...! I am 23, and I think now pregnant (the tests look more decisive) and due date from my period is 8th July 2018. This would be our first baby. So exciting but big and terrifying!

I don't really feel anything yet except exquisitely tender boobs, so finding the whole thing a bit difficult to believe. I do feel quite emotional at the moment, but I don't think it's hormones, I think it's just a lot to think about! Have so enjoyed seeing others in the same position, looking forward to hearing about you all developing.

Soon2b9 - so sorry to hear it. Wishing you all the luck for next time!

• Options

Hi Penelobee! Welcome & congratulations! I’m due 14th July :) with my second! i feel exactly the same it doesn’t feel real atm! Have you made an appt with your doctor yet? 

• Options

I haven't yet, no, as last week I didn't quite believe it. I'll probably ring the GP this week, but I think at my practice you can just go straight to the midwife booking appointment if you have a positive pregnancy test at home. Very weird that this little line is taken so seriously! 

Have you been to the doctor yet? 

• Options

Hi I am also due on 14th July 😀 I found it very hard to find a July 2018 grouo as it's such early days! So exciting 😀

• Options

Yay shanlen! we Share the same due date xD! 

Penelobee I havent yet! I think I’m gunna see how things go this week and then call next Monday! That little line sure is taken seriously! I’ve taken another one this morning and I don’t think the line can get any darker now xD 

how is everyone feeling? 

• Options

Soon2b9, we are so sorry to read your news. Sending you virtual hugs. Please do let us know if you need any help turning off the notifications on this thread. 

Welcome Penelobee and Shanlen - so lovely to have you here and congratulations! 
    Penelobee, we are so glad you decided to jump in on this thread - and I remember with my pregnancy, my only symptom was the burning boobs! 

• Options

I've been lurking for a week or so but finally deciding to come out of the shadows - I'm currently 5+5 with our first baby, due on 4th July. I had an ectopic in July so we've got a scan a week today to check all is well but already it feels different. I'll be 6+5 when we have the scan so hopefully we will see a heartbeat. 

When it comes to symptoms I've been very tired, going to the toilet more, sore boobs & headaches! No sickness yet but over the weekend I noticed brushing my teeth makes me gag & I can't stomach my normal breakfast of eggs or yoghurt. Surviving on Jacobs crackers and lurpak spreadable till lunchtime! I'm also more emotional than usual and find myself getting teary as the stupidest things!

• Options

Welcome MrsE2016 and congratulations! We're so glad you decided to jump in. Please do keep us posted on your early scan won't you? 

• Options

Think I'm due 16th July , 

when did or is everbody thinking of telling parents etc 

when are you thinking of telling work ? 

and also when are you / have you rang the doctors to make an appt ???? 

So many things buzzing round my head 

xx 

• Options

I've already told my Mum but will be telling the rest of our families after my early scan, so just before 7 weeks. 

I have my first midwife appointment booked for early Dec when I'll be 10 weeks. No dating scan date yet though! 

All being well I'll tell my boss just before my 12 week scan as I'll need the time off work & don't have any annual leave left! You're entitled to paid time off for antenatal appointments so that is the only reason! I'm not planning on telling anyone else at work till the end of the 1st trimester. 

Because of my history I self referred to the Early Pregnancy Unit on the day I tested positive so I could get a scan date in. I rang the doctors the next day & they gave my details to the midwife. 

• Options

Welcome Mrs E! Congrats on your pregnancy! 

superstar I have told my family but oh hasn’t yet, I’ve also told Work because I work the delivery shift which involves a lot of lifting and moving heavy cages and that which I now obviously don’t do, I haven’t rang doctors yet because of my m/c in September I want to leave everything a bit later next time, I don’t want a scan at 12 weeks I’d prefer it at 13/14 weeks, I might pay for an earlier scan around 10 weeks though as Id rather be more relaxed over Christmas knowing everything is okay! 

• Options

Congratulations Mummytolily - I bet you're thrilled you fell so quickly after your miscarriage, but I know the worries that comes with. I'm so anxious something is going to go wrong & i'm not sure how I would deal with two losses in 6 months 😢

• Options

Thank you Mrs E! I feel very lucky to have fallen so quickly again but I’m the same as you I don’t know how I would deal with it, if it happened again I think I would just give up, I’m lucky enough to have a beautiful girl already so I think I would have to call it a day, I’m praying this baby sticks, my daughter deserves a brother or sister and me & my oh want This so badly, just have to try and stay positive and keep thinking I will have a beautiful baby in July! Roll on 12 week scans! So sorry to hear about your ectopic that must of been so scary! I’m glad you’re feeling different this time! That can only be a good sign! Do you mind me asking what made you think it was ectopic last time, what symptoms did you have? I hate this beginning bit where you don’t know what’s going on ☹️

• Options

I tested on my due date and it was negative. I then started bleeding heavily so I took that as my period. It stopped for 2 days & then started again. I thought it was weird so made an appointment with the nurse & decided to take a pregnancy test as I thought they would do one anyway. It was positive so I was referred to the EPU. I tested positive at 6 weeks and it was diagnosed at 6+5 after 2 internal scans and blood tests. I was lucky that they were able to manage it with medication so I kept both tubes but the drugs were pretty nasty. We had to wait 3 months to try again & I fell pregnant first month of trying again so I feel quite lucky x

• Options

Ooh okay thank you! I think that rules me out as I did get a positive test 4 days before due and the line is really dark now! It worries me as my mum has had one! I can imagine They can’t of been nice! My miscarriage was horrific, I was in so much pain I had to have a medically managed one as it was a missed miscarriage, I’d had my 12 week scan and everything was fine nice strong heartbeat went back a week later to have nuchal test done and there was no heartbeat worst day of my life ☹️ I’m hoping my little angel is watching down and keeping a good eye on his brother or sister in my tummy! Let’s hope we all have happy and healthy pregnancies and get a beautiful healthy baby at the end of it 

• Options

Gosh these are such sad things, I'm so sorry to hear you've both been through so much... and so recently! I don't know how you do it - I'm so completely worried about all this stuff happening, even though I have no reason for it, and I'm sure those feelings are only amplified when you have all those memories and all that pain so fresh. Anyway, wishing you all the luck in the world, both of you, and can't wait to hear about it as it develops.

MummytoLily: Just a note on ectopics - women experience them really differently, and so you can't say just from symptoms at this stage exactly that it isn't, sorry. I don't mean to scare you, and there's no reason to think that you *are* having one, and it's important to remember that they're very rare. But, as with many of these things, they just present in very variable ways. They should be able to confirm at your scan that the pregnancy is intrauterine. 
    The miscarriage sounds so awful and traumatic. I really hope that this will be a totally different experience for you.

MrsE: Also such a sad experience, and it must be odd that that was also July (like this one's due date). Kind of poignant. It's so great that the EPU have set up the early scan for you, and I really hope it's all reassuring. Can't wait to hear! 

We've told a few close friends and one sibling each, we wanted a bit of a support network to be able to talk about it with and to know what's going on, whichever way it goes. But I get so nervous and jittery whenever we tell people, I don't know why. And it's driving me a bit mad spending all this time with people (at work and wider family etc) who don't know - like they ask how you are and what you're up to and this huge great big overarching thing you're spending all your time thinking about, you just can't tell them! It's not that I want to tell them really - I think it's right for us to keep it relatively low key for the time being, until we have confirmation that everything's OK. But it feels almost like lying! Do others find this? 

(apologies for the essay)

• Options

Thanks penelobee! I completely get that, just Have to pray that it’s not, that’s the last thing I need right now 😂 with telling people, my bit of advice would be only tell The people you know would genuinely care and be there for you if anything went wrong, my mum & stepdad and two brothers were absolute rocks for me, my older brother was actually with me at the scan I found out, so they’re the only people knowing before 12 weeks, oh and my manager she’s aftually been through two herself and has been a close friend for years but no one else! I feel really good at the moment, just hoping that it’s really gunna happen this time! Anyway on a brighter note does anyone else have any children already? 

• Options

Penelobee: I feel exactly the same and struggle as you have mentioned with telling people. I'm a terrible liar and find withholding information really challenging! I'm am very much an open person and feel a support network would be best for me should things not progress as planned, however this was a really strange concept for my partner!

So we are now in the middle where we've told my family, but are currently holidaying with my parents family and opting not to tell them just yet.