Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in May 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in May 2016

Replies

• Options

Hey emzyg. I'm more of a simple girl too haha. I personally don't really like the look of the newer, more modern prams. Don't know why, I'm sure they're perfectly fine they just don't appeal to me. 

My tiredness has faded a bit. Boobs are still sore only when I press on them or squeeze them. Don't really feel sick and my twinges have stopped being so often as well but I'm not worried about it because there's no sign of any blood at all and I'm not in any pain. I have noticed I get very bloated now though. Especially when I've just ate, I look about 14 weeks pregnant haha. 

I see where you're coming from with your cousin! And I also wouldn't announce it on Facebook until 12 weeks, if something went wrong it would be heart breaking having to explain that to everyone asking how your pregnancy was going and all that. But I suppose it's up to her when she announces it. With saying that, if it was my cousin I'd also still be shocked that she put it on Facebook. Did you tell her you thought it was a bit early? Xx

• Options

I guess she figured, oh I've had a scan all is ok I'm gonna tell the world! Personally I'd still keep it to myself until the 12 week Mark but each to their own. My tiredness has kicked in but I'm putting that down to being back at work plus the early morning school prep and runs etc.

I'm glad you all are talking prams, I have no idea whether to go with a travel system or not. I have a car but tend to walk most places, and getting baby strapped into a car seat quickly before going anywhere doesn't really bother me? But then I'm still unsure... 

I've been having pains in my lower tummy these past few days and I'm getting into a panic, a lot of what ifs. Christ it's driving me nuts. These next 6/7 weeks are going to drag :(

• Options

My husband and I don't drive Kate but from what I've seen I think you can choose not to get the car seat with the silver cross 3d. Although we probably would get it as our parents drive so it would save them having to buy their own car seat if they wanted to have the baby one day when he/she is over the 4 week mark (I want to try my best to only breastfeed for the first 4 weeks) 

Almost had a wee fall out with the husband there. He put new light bulbs in our bedroom and bathroom but they are far too bright, now when they are left on for a certain amount of time, the power cuts out! That's the third time in 2 days it's happened and I asked him to take them out the other day because it's not the Blackpool illuminations we are living in lol but he didn't listen. Why do men not listen!? Arrgh. This is gunna be a long 8 months for him haha. Poor guy.

• Options

I think i'm with you in the same journey.. I wasn't expected pregnancy .. I came all the way from US to Saudi Arabia alone in the airplane without my husband and i noticed something wierd beside my delayed period i was so emotional i had no desire to do anything except crying i experience period cramps but very LOW not like my real one and it appears and disappears not continues also my boobs were too big and sensitve to touch .. the symptoms till now is nausea without vomiting + fatigue + hunger attacks hahah and thirst .. 

i was in shock because it's my first baby and my husband is studying abroad we were planning to have a childern when we become together after my graduation ..  i'm dental student and i have alot of work to do in school and in clinics . I'm afraid that will affect my baby anyhow ??! I tried my best to avoid X-rays even with my patients i keep myself away from exposure.. I wen to my doctor 2 days ago and she told me i'm exactly entering my second month .. 

It was a nice coincidance to found your website .. XOXO

• Options

Hi Emunz, welcome to MadeForMums and congratulations!

• Options

Congratulations emunz! What a lovely surprise. Have you told your husband yet? Xx

• Options

yeah he was more than Happy :'( he wants to be with me but we have to wait until Christmas break so he can come home ❤️. 

• Options

Thank u ladies I'm just happy you agreed with me...  No not told her as I don't wanna make her worry but I'm not one to shy away I'm pretty straight up..n don't lie so I may just say im supprised you put it up so early but it's something I'd bring up chatting I wouldn't msg her... 

Ive been get sharp pains nr my butt and thigh think it's sciatica I hope it doesn't get worse and them pains you are getting are just ur uterus growing..

Do you not have to have a car seat to leave the hospital??  Im sure I do...  But atm in mothercare they do the silver cross 3d for £300 with carseat knowing my luck it will go bk up to £500 when I want it lol

No man ever listens they are frustrating creatures 

Welcome Emunz and congratulations hope ur ok and remember u are not alone must be hard to be away from hubby x

• Options

Hi everyone 😊... Just joining in. I found out my due date is May 8th. I'm so excited. This will be my rainbow baby 😍. I had a miscarriage in April 2015 (My baby girl). I know God has bless me again with another baby. I just hope and pray I can bring this baby home alive. 

My symptoms are bloating, fatigue, peeing a lot... I think that's it.

My first Appointment is September 21st.

Love, Electra Owekha

• Options

Hey Electra and Emunz! Congratulations to you :) 

Hope all of you have had a good weekend! I'm absolutely shattered the last few days, never experienced fatigue like it! But my boobs are filling out which I'm loving image

How are you all feeling?

• Options

I feel the same 🙀 .. i have an appointment after tomorrow for Ultrasound 😢 .. super excited but at the same time a little bit worried. 

• Options

Thank you AromaticKate 😊!!! Congratulations to you as well and I hope your weekend and everyone else is going well.

I know the feeling girl 😂... I been in and out of sleep all weekend. Lol

My boobs are still sore. Lol I haven't seen it a difference yet with the growth yet (boobs).

• Options

Hi Everyone I'm 6 Weeks Pregnant With My First Baby & Ive Been Having Lower Abdominal Pain & I Was Wondering If That Normal .....

• Options

I'm in week 5 now and i still have that pain but not all the time and not that intense ..  don't worry my doctor told me that it's normal unless if it's so intense and continues then you have to see your doctor . 

• Options

Welcome to MadeforMums Electra and keyasimone! Wishing you a great 9 months ahead, super to have you here.

• Options

I was the same at week 5, sometimes I had quite sharp pains (I think partly that was due to trapped wind as well lol) and dull aching. They've eased off now though! I think it's all ok as long as your not in a lot of pain or bleeding a lot?

So I woke up today and thought if weigh myself, gained 3lb already since I found out 2 weeks ago! I hope that's bloody water retention haha. To be fair I did quit smoking as well so I'm guessing that hasn't helped. I hope I don't gain 1.5lb a week I may cry 

Happy Monday anyway you lot, soon be Friday... 

• Options

Hi!!

Absolutely beyond happy that I can join one of these forums. 2 years of trying and I got my BFP on 07/09/15. Not idea what made me test, I literally had no symptoms. I commented my boobs felt bigger but put that down to AF being due and I'd feel a little nauseous at times but put that down to a meal we'd had. Genuinely never though this day would ever come, my fiancé cried when I told him. Just so happy. Hopefully all goes well, trying to book a doctor's appointment to confirm once ive finished night shifts on Thursday x

• Options

Huge congratulations FutureMrsH; what wonderful news!! X

• Options

Oh FutureMrsH, we are so pleased for you! Lovely to have you joining May 2016 Birth Club - you totally must have had a sixth sense about that BFP!

• Options

Oh that's lovely futuremrsh, congratulations to you!