Forum home Birth clubs Due in May 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in May 2019

Replies

• Options

Just done a first response one.says I’m not. I’m so confused lol! Will have to see what the doctors say and when my bloods come back. Thanks girls xx

• Options

If you've tested positive prior to period but now after period due date you're testing negative, I'd say either the tests were faulty or you've had a chemical pregnancy? Because tests should still say positive now if you were? That's just what I know of it anyway. Go to docs and get bloods. Xxxx

• Options

I will do. Thank you xxx

• Options

imageHello ladies , id love to join !!!! finally got a digital this Morning !!! Xoxox silly question. This is baby number one for me , but how long after you get a positive home pregnancy test do you call you midwife For blood work ??? XXX congrats to everyone 💙💙

• Options

Good luck with the blood tests loza1234.
    Welcome to all the lovely new members here - there's so many of you, it's wonderful ☺️

We wanted to let you all know, we have a fantastic MadeForMums weekly pregnancy email, which can be delivered straight to your email inbox. 

If you fancied signing up for these emails, (and we promise they're ace!) here is how to do it: 
    Go toMy Settings (click the person icon at top right of your screen) 
    Go to: Family Settings and click on Yes to Are You Pregnant?
    Enter your due date in the box that appears. 

You're all done! It might take a little while for our system to chug into gear but you should get the email in a few days. 

• Options

Hi Rachel, 

Congrats, welcome!! I'm in Scotland and we don't get any blood test here to confirm pregnancy. the positive home test is enough. I called on my gp, told them i'm pregnant and they booked a midwife app for when i'll be approximately 9 weeks. 

It all depends on where you live. Maybe the procedure is different where you are!

• Options

Congrats Rachel. 

I have not been offered blood work, just got told to ring midwife and go from there.  

Where you from as it might be different there. 

• Options

Thank you ladies 💙

• Options

Me: "Cramping is fine. Just a sign that baby is growing!"

Also me: 

• Options

Don’t worry everyone! Period pains are totally normal and it indicates that things are going well! :) I missed my period 3 days ago and I’ve had those pains for weeks! My Dr said totally normal, a lot is going on in tgw uterus right now!

• Options

I'm going to leave the forum.  All the best everyone 

• Options

Has anyone been expierencing any insomnia at night ?!!! 

• Options

Sorry to hear you’re leaving the group Stuzy I had a miscarriage too. Let your body heal and try again it will happen. Unfortunately it just wasn’t meant to be. 

Csavs thanks for the congrats! Where are you based? I have my first midwife appointment on 4th Oct - I’ll be 8 weeks then.

Congrats Rachel! 

Congrats to all the other ladies on here!

I‘m 4 weeks and 5 days today. I no longer have stomach pains but my breasts are really tender and I’m really bloated! My sister is getting married on Fri and I’m a bridesmaid wearing a tight fishtail dress! I can’t wait for her wedding but I’m dreading squeezing myself into the dress! Just feel really uncomfortable at the mo! 

• Options

No I’ve not experienced insomnia - poor you Rachel - how long are you awake / sleeping for? 

• Options

Hi ladies,

After getting my positive result 1st September I have contacted my doctors who said no need to go in just wait for the midwife to contact me.

From my calculations I think I am 5 weeks 6 days from the first day of my last AF.

I still haven’t heard anything from the midwife - how long does it normally take for the midwife to contact you?

Thanks Amy xx

• Options

YES to insomnia! I have noticed that I fall asleep ok because I am so tired, but I wake up in the middle of the night and its difficult to fall back to sleep. I read that it is normal and a symptom of progesterone. 

• Options

Miracle999, I am in the north east of England. I only just managed to get hold of midwives today. Group appointment 18th September then one to one 25th. Private scan 22nd. 

Yes to the insomnia got it so bad so I am shattered all day. 

• Options

Yes !!! thank god it’s not just me. I woke up last night around 12:47 am and had to peee soooo badly. Finally got up at 2 to pee and still couldnt fall back asleep! Finally got a few hours before getting up at 6am for work ! 

• Options

Blood work is scheduled for Thursday ! Yay!!!! Xoxox it’s so exciting but so nerve wracking !!! 😩😍🙈

• Options

Hi girls, just a question how will I know if I’ve had a chemical pregnancy?