Forum home Birth clubs Due in May 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in May 2021 - Part 2

Replies

• Options
    @Bethanyjean shes absolutely beautiful Congratulations lovely. Hope you recover quickly 💕💕
  • Options
    @Bethanyjean congratulations! 🎊😊 I'm glad it wasn't a long process for you x
  • Options
    Hoping my baby makes an appearance soon.. been contracting since 5.30am when it woke me up.. waters broken at 10am at hospital and had to give in to an epidural at 5.30pm - the pain was just too much! So I’m sitting waiting patiently... but also feel like a brand new woman with some pain relief!! Xx
  • Options
    @Bess8619 ohh glad your not in agony any more hun. Keeping my fingers crossed for you baby will be here soon im sure 💕💕
  • Options
    @Bess8619: I was a new woman after the epidural too 😂 Honestly once the pain relief kicked in I could feel tightenings/contractions. The birth itself was easy Peary, felt like doing a poo 🙈. Induction contractions were hell, much stronger than with my first (no epidural). My first was quite traumatic, I had been in pain for 3 days, was exhausted and they had to use ventouse. Also didn’t get an epidural despite asking hours before. Quite a traumatic birth and felt robbed of what should have been the best day of my life. I can’t even remember skin to skin. This birth was so much more enjoyable as I was in control. Hope you have a similar experience! 

@Bethanyjean : What a cutie! A head full of hair too! Enjoy the newborn bubble. 

To those waiting: hang in there, not long to go. You’ll have your bundle of joy in a matter of days.

Milo is going to be 3 weeks on Monday, time truly flies! He feeds little and often still. Also looks like colics made their appearance so nights are a bit short 🤪 but all worth it for his cute unique face. 

Here are a few pics,  just because I know I’ll miss his smile once he got surgery 😊
  • Options

Well after a long long day, our team yellow turned team pink 💗 and our beautiful daughter was born at 22:31 by c-section..
    Meet Daisy Grace - 7lb 3oz & 21 inches. Utter perfection in every shape and form... seeing her daddy cuddle her with love in his eyes is just the next best thing! Love her so much. Xxx
  • Options
    @Mary58 Milo is just beautiful. So so cute. I know, I’m taking loads of pictures just now too - they change so quickly - Harris will be 5 weeks next week!  Have you got any idea when Milo’s surgery will be yet? 

@Bess8619 Daisy is gorgeous 💕. Hope you’re recovering after you’re c-section.  Seeing Daddy’s fall in love with their baby’s is definitely the best thing ever 😍!

Congratulations to everyone else whose baby’s have made an appearance so far. Hope you are all doing well. And hope everyone’s who is still waiting is hanging in there - not long to go now 🤞🏼!

I’ve had a bit of a bumpy start. The first couple of weeks my hormones were a bit crazy and I was a bit all over the place, crying most days with worries and anxiety. Harris was born with a little mark on his face and I’ve been a bit worried about that too. We have been told two different things from two consultants so a bit unsure who is right. The health visitor is going to monitor it and refer me back at his 6-8 week check if I’m still worried, to hopefully get a definitive answer! His poor skin broke out at around 3 weeks too, but luckily that’s cleared up within a few days of using some amazing cream! Poor little thing. Feel like the past week I’ve been doing a bit better, I just felt there had always been something since his birth, and hadn’t had the chance to just sit and enjoy it. I feel I’m beginning to relax a bit now though 🤞🏼. 

Here are some new pictures including one with a proud big sister last week when we all went out to the park together for the first time. 

• Options
    @Bess8619 congratulations she’s beautiful 🥰 hope you have a speedy recovery ! 

Lovely pictures @Mary58 and @Milly:-) !💙

• Options
    @Bess8619 wow look at them beautiful eyes 🥰 Congratulations shes beautiful. @Milly:-) im the same with pics as i already feel Max looks different at 2 weeks old. Them photos are gorgeous! Xx
  • Options
    Congratulations to all of you who have your babies!!! 
    I’m loving seeing all these photos 😍😍😍 makes me more excited! 
    I’m 40+1 and having tightenings every day but so far nothing else. 
    I feel fine though, i don’t believe in due dates and I know my body and baby will know what’s best 🙏🏻 Saying that, I’d rather sooner rather than later just so I’m not so ‘high risk’ with a vbac at a home birth, I need all the positives I can get 🙏🏻 

Can’t believe some of these babies are now weeks old!! 
    I might even end up going in June 🤣🤣 I do feel different this time, like I didn’t have this many tightenings last time but who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Hope those waiting still are ok and not too uncomfortable- it’s our turn next!! Xxx
  • Options
    @Mary58 he's so cute! Love his smile in the first photo 😍

@Bess8619 congratulations! And welcome to Daisy!

@Milly:-) I hope you get Harris' little mark sorted so your mind is put at rest. Then I hope you start to feel better and more settled. Lovely photos of your two 😍

@RiaMushk I'm still here too haha. I know what you mean about the baby's coming when they're ready, and also about them coming sooner rather than later.

The midwives still want me to be induced but my last growth scan on Thursday showed my placenta was very healthy and she said tidy don't just stop working all of a sudden, so she thinks there's no need for induction at all.

I think my little one will come at the beginning of next week. I lost my mucus plug today but I want my youngest home from her dad's before baby comes (I'm collecting her from school on Monday) so it would be perfect if I went into labour on Monday morning lol. I'm trying to channel stay-put-baby vibes this weekend 😁 x
  • Options
    Ahhh @HippieMama4 !!! That’s a good sign surely, hopefully you’ve got a couple of days till that baby comes! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

• Options
    Looks like it won’t be long for you @HippieMama4

@RiaMushk I think I’ll be making it into June 🙈 every night I go to bed in the hope to wake up in the middle of the night in labour but nope haha !! Still hanging in there . Xx
  • Options
    @RiaMushk and @Bethan_xo I hope so. 🤞

I've spent all day walking around town with my oldest daughter having a girls day just the two of us, treating her to some new clothes and a Costa, so I'm shattered now. But it was lovely to have some time alone with her 🥰🥰 as she's always either on her phone or out with her friends (she's 15). 

@Bethan_xo mine have all started in the morning at a sociable time, so I'm hoping this one will be just as considerate lol 😄

I can't imagine being woken up in the middle of the night by surges or my waters breaking! X
  • Options
    Ohhh @Bethan_xo how many weeks are you now? I’m 40+3 although by my ovulation dates which I was pretty obsessive over, I’m technically 40 weeks in a couple of days! I don’t know about you but I’m finding these days are suddenly Going sooooo slow! @HippieMama4 any news? Sounds like a lovely day with your daughter 💛
  • Options
    @HippieMama4 I can’t even remember when my labour started with my first but with my second I woke up at 2am with contractions! 

@RiaMushk my due date is Wednesday . Yup the days are dragging all I can think about is when it’s going to happen ! I’m sick of all the “any signs” messages 😭 

• Options
    Congratulations to all of you girls your babies are absolutely gorgeous 😍💖
  • Options
    @RiaMushk It really was a lovely day with my daughter 🥰

I had another sweep this morning. She felt baby's hand next to her head so moved it away while she was having a good dig around in my cervix. I'm still only 1-2cm so nothing is happening still. I refused induction again so I'm going to the antenatal day unit every morning after I've dropped my youngest at school from tomorrow to be monitored. They'll do another sweep possibly Wednesday or maybe Friday. I've got clary sage on my bump, I'm bouncing on my ball and playing some feel good songs that I'm singing along to. Started taking raspberry leaf capsules today too.

@Bethan_xo o and @RiaMushk it's my due date by my cycle dates tomorrow, and time is definitely going so slowly 🤦‍♀️ x
  • Options
    How was the sweep @HippieMama4
    By my dates I was due yesterday but by NHS I am 41 weeks tomorrow! 
    Definitely felt like baby dropped yesterday so im really hoping that it will be soon!! 

Anyone else still waiting? X
  • Options
    Have you had any other signs @RiaMushk
    I keep having contractions on and off it’s so frustrating. I’ve been losing more of my plug, and I just generally feel achy. I really hope things are on the move. Got midwife today so I hope she has good news for me . I was due yesterday xx