Forum home Birth clubs Due in May 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in May 2021 - Part 2

Replies

• Options
    @Bethan_xo I’ve had on and off tightenings for a couple of weeks now and it does feel like they getting more and more intense at times but nothing else! 
    That dropped sensation yesterday... but honestly nothing else so we shall see! Trying to do nice things everyday to lift my mood and get that oxytocin going but I’m running out of things 🤣 especially on little money! 
  • Options
    @RiaMushk the one on Monday was tough. She could feel the baby's hand up next to its head so she moved it away. I was only 1cm again but she could stretch to two. Yesterday I had another (my daily monitoring at the hospital started on Tuesday and I'm currently there now) and that was better. I've been losing old brown bits since then and last night thought it might be the start of things due to having surges with lots of pressure under my bump and I'm my bits and bum, but after 5 of them every 15 minutes then another at 5.18am it's come to nothing 😫 I'm 41 weeks today by the scan but 40+2 by my dates.

@Bethan_xo how many weeks are you now? X
  • Options
    I’m 40+1 today . Just been to see the midwife , asked if I could have a sweep , she felt to see where the baby was in my pelvis and she said she was too high so she said she wouldn’t be able to try and do one 🙈 she’s definitely comfortable in there ! I’m devastated though I’m so ready to have her now ! X 
  • Options
    Owww @HippieMama4 I hope you’re ok! 
    It’s just so blooming typical. When you’re sort of looked at as being ‘high risk’ and baby just doesn’t make it any easier! 
    Hoping these babies just come now so we can get the nice homebirth we want!! 

@Bethan_xo I feel your pain! That happened to me with my first. I haven’t had an examination or sweep yet. My midwife said she could try one tomorrow but I’m not sure if I want to... she is actually one of my closest friends so it will be weird I guess her even going up there 🤣🤣🤣 but she’s seen it all before I am sure! 
    I’ll see how I feel tomorrow, I’m just worried she will say that she can’t even get to it and then I’ll feel even more deflated then I do now! 
  • Options
    Baby Iris Eva was born at 8.52pm last night, at home in the pool as planned. Both my girls were there for the whole thing and were so wonderful, and my dh was amazing. 😍🥰😍🥰 

She weighs 8lbs 15.5oz but is tiny, and was covered in vernix, so I'm so pleased I refused induction as she clearly wasn't late like they kept saying she was. The midwives said they didn't have anyone to send to us, so I said I'd freebirth then. They had 2 midwives with us in 45 minutes, so it's so worth standing up for what you want 😊 

• Options
    @HippieMama4 aww amazing congratulations 💖 so glad you got the birth you wanted ! X 
  • Options
    Ahhhh @HippieMama4 !!!!  A huge congrats!! So so lovely you got your home birth 🙏🏻 Well done for standing up and sticking to your instincts 💖 she’s gorgeous and love the name! 
    I’ve been booked in for a sweep tomorrow so fingers crossed I’ll be next! Xxx
  • Options
    @HippieMama4 congratulations!! She is beautiful and such a lovely name!xx

Who else is still to have a baby now? Ive lost track🙈xx
  • Options
    Aww she's perfect Congratulations @HippieMama4 xx
  • Options

Thank you ladies! 😊💖 We absolutely adore her, she is just wonderful 🥰

@RiaMushk how did you get on with your sweep? X
  • Options
    @HippieMama4 she’s so awake!! 😍😍😍 
    so I had sweep this morning. She said I am 1cm, easy to find cervix etc but it’s still 1cm thick too so it’s not effaced. 
    It could have gone worse but I’m not going to lie I’ve felt a little deflated as she said baby’s head wasn’t low enough to touch. She was able to do the sweep though at least but don’t think it has done anything. Not feeling anything since. 

She has said to walk more and do a few squats etc but I am so so tired all the time and my husband has a bad knee so he can’t do much either. I don’t like going walking on my own as I feel so vulnerable being this pregnant! 

Anyway, I guess I’m at that stage now that feels like I’m literally never going to have this baby!! 
    They said I could have another sweep on Monday and then Wednesday they would like me to go to hospital to be monitored and check everything is ok (as I’m wanting a vbac, they see me as high risk) 

any words of encouragement pls lol I mean, why would baby’s head not be super low by now!? I’m 41+1 
  • Options
    Hey everyone. How are we all? So are we still waiting on any babies or are they all here now? My little man is too hot today im paranoid about keeping him in the shade which we dont get alot of in our garden x
  • Options
    I’m still here very much pregnant 😒 5 days overdue now, at this point I feel like I’m going to be pregnant forever 🙈 

Any signs of baby yet @RiaMushk ?! Xxx
  • Options
    No signs @Bethan_xo apart from a little mucus plug came out yesterday. 
    Just little bits though, I keep knocker watching and wiping for more but nothing since!!  
    I’m getting acupuncture tomorrow lol pulling out the big guns.
    41 +3 here 
  • Options
    @RiaMushk I’ve been losing mine too had some with blood in it for the first time today, I’ve been really achy and having contractions on and off since last night but nothing intense . Really hope it’s the start xx 
  • Options
    Ahh @Bethan_xo you sound more promising than me!! 
    I haven’t had any mucus since... it wasn’t that much, I’m wondering, is that it!? 
    Last pregnancy I had a massive blob of it and that was it I think.
    im just so so so so done now. I knew I’d be here at 41 weeks and here i am! 
  • Options
    @RiaMushk well all my pains and everything have gone and no more plug 🙈 I get myself excited every time and it always stops ! Ahhhh. I knew I would go over but I did think she would be here by now . Guess are babies are just too comfy . June babies here we come haha xx
  • Options
    @Bethan_xo i knew all along that I’d end up with a June baby!!! Lol feels so weird though, can’t believe we are in June! 
    Ive got acupuncture today, then got to go hospital tomorrow just so they can check Baby is ok and I’m thinking accept another sweep. 
    Can’t believe I’m 42 weeks in a few days, this must be some sort of joke? 🙈 just so envious of people that go earlier! But at the same time, don’t want any inducing if I can help it. 

Hope you’re enjoying this weather at least, keep to the shade and be waited on hand and foot if you can! 

Maybe we just have extra comfy wombs lol 
  • Options
    @RiaMushk did you have another sweep yesterday? I lost virtually all of my plug the Saturday before Iris was born. It took another 5 days before anything started really happening.

@Bethan_xo I ate dates and inhaled clary sage like a mad woman and that evening she was born. Maybe try those too? 

I can understand you're both frustrated, I was too. A lot. 

I hope the acupuncture works today @RiaMushk! X
  • Options
    @HippieMama4 I’ve lost the tiniest bit again today but it really isn’t much! 
    Acupuncture was really lovely thank you 🙏🏻 I rested and then I went on a long walk with my mum. 
    Still having tightenings but doesn’t amount to anything.
    tomorrow I go to hospital just to monitor and will decline induction, however, I will ask for a sweep then as I didn’t have it in the end the other day.
    I wrote a long email to the head of midwifery with my rights and requesting that I be allowed my doula should I end up in hospital with induction or emergency. they rung me straight away and said that she is allowed 🙏🏻 That the rules had literally changed today that you’re allowed two birth partners! Lol so was funny after a massive email but it has made me feel better of the thought of being able to have her there and that support, should I need to go to hospital. 

Really hope tonight is the night things start... would be nice not to have to go hospital! 
    I’ve got clary sage etc and the acupuncture lady left me some oils to use tonight as she also did reflexology and showed me pressure points 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Hope Iris and all the other babies are doing well!
    I think it’s just me and Bethan left then!