Forum home Birth clubs Due in May 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in May 2021 - Part 2

Replies

• Options
    I’ve been having brown discharge all day every time I wipe , please tell me it means labour is round the corner 🙏🏻 I’ve had so many false starts with having contractions for hours then them dying off , I don’t think I’ll actually believe it when I’m in labour ! X
  • Options
    @Bethan_xo how you doing? 
    @HippieMama4 it sounds like I’ve just had what May have been your beginnings... I spent all of last night with really intense surges, I thought this is it! I managed to rest in between them.
    text my mum, got childcare for today but now they’ve stopped 😭😭😭
    I’ve had a few here and there but nothing like last night. Feeling disheartened but midwives say it’s good it’s nearly here.
    not going to hospital anymore to monitor as I don’t want to be in that environment right now. 
    Midwives will come and check me this afternoon, debating whether or not to have a sweep..... 
    Worried that it was all go last night and now nothing, which is what happened with my first born and that didn’t end great for me! 

Happy to see hippiemama that you had baby the next night! 
  • Options
    @RiaMushk had contractions again last night , started bleeding bright red so they wanted me to get checked over . Everything was fine , 2cm dilated and had a sweep . Had really strong contractions after that but like you they fizzled out , still there but just not as strong and close together as they were . I think this is it now but I just feel like it’s taking forever xx 
  • Options
    Oh gosh glad everything was ok @Bethan_xo !! 
    I’m the same, I know this is the start but it just feel so so long, my surges are back but still irregular and very much in my lower back and front bit. Getting worried he’s back to back! 😩 been trying to do certain positions to help and tried to have a nap but the surges wake me up. 
    I’m tired already and I know this isn’t the hard bit 🤣🥴 

good luck to you!!! Fingers crossed we both have news tomorrow xx
  • Options
    @RiaMushk im starting to feel Dishearted like it’s all just going to completely stop again . I was in so much pain after the sweep my partner told his work he would start his paternity leave because he works away, and I was adamant it was happening 🙈 now I feel bad because I don’t know what’s going on! I’ve had a sleep and the pains seem to have stopped . I’m having them again now but still very irregular. I don’t even know what to do to keep active because it’s really heavy rain outside 😩 . 
    Good luck to you too!! Xx 
  • Options
    @RiaMushk I totally understand you're tired already, I was at the beginning as well and wondered how on earth I'd manage to keep going. But sips of some juice, totally resting in between the surges and adrenaline kept me going. You can do it 💪🥰

Also my surges were very much in my back from the beginning, and I felt like I needed a poo right from the start as well. I went to the loo a few times to try and evacuate but nothing happened 🙈 Iris was born anterior so the surges being in my back didn't mean anything worrying.

@Bethan_xo Do you have a birth ball you can bounce on? You can do squats, walk up and down the stairs sideways, dance and sway....

It's very exciting, and I can't wait two hear more news from you both today! X
  • Options

Emilio Otis was born this morning at 06.28am, not quite the birth I had wanted but I’m so besotted with him, I’m trying to focus on how perfect he is!!  
    Ended up in hospital after a very intense labour at home followed by a c section! 

7 pounds 15 of pure love 💜🧡 can’t wait to see my little one at home though, absolutely @Bellemumdrum e the fact I haven’t seen him today. 

Hope you’re doing well @bethan_xo !! 
  • Options
    @RiaMushk congratulations! And welcome to little Emilio! 💖

I hope you're both recovering well x
  • Options
    Oh wow @RiaMushk hes perfectly perfect. Congratulations so glad he's finally here safe and sound xx
  • Options
    Our beautiful baby girl Rosie was born 3.11am this morning ! 8lb 1oz .Got to hospital 1.30am only 3cm, but progressed very quickly and only 6 minutes of pushing! Home already and we are so in love 🥰

@RiaMushk massive congratulations he is gorgeous !! We got there in the end haha and they are worth the wait ❤️ Xx 
  • Options
    Oh amazing! @Bethan_xo Congratulations what a gorgeous girl. Look at that hair 💕💕 have we got a full house now? Xx
  • Options
    Congratulations @Bethan_xo! And welcome to little Rosie! Love her hair 😍 

I think we must be done now aren't we? X
  • Options
    Congrats to all of us 🙏 cute and healthy babies! 
    Can’t believe Milo is a month old already! It truly flies by...
    he’s been crying a lot for the last couple of weeks, GP advised comfort formula but somehow made him worse. I think silent reflux but GP didn’t want prescribe Gaviscon until I try the formula... why don’t they trust mamas? I know my baby! Sorry rant over haha. 

Got a bit of a cold and juggling active toddler and crying baby over here so a bit on the edge 🤪
    on the plus side Milo sleeps through the night 👍 

how are you? All feeling ok? 
    We’ve got this mamas 😉

pics for attention...😍

• Options
    @Mary58 😍😍 omg look at him hes adorable! Your so lucky he sleeps through. Max generally wakes every 3 hours 😫 soo tired but im loving being his mummy xx
  • Options
    Wow congratulations to you ladies and your babies born this week 😍 so so beautiful! Are there any babies left to be born now? 

This is my baby girl - 2 weeks old today! Feel like she’s been here forever 🥰

• Options
    @Mary58 wow, sleeping through the night already is fantastic! 

But very annoying that medical people often don't trust the mothers' instincts 🙄

@Buttercupmummy I'm shattered too, but still running on the adrenaline I think lol. 11 days our little girl has been here and we're totally smitten with her 🥰💖💞😍

@Bess8619 she looks so long!

Iris lost 7% of her birth weight so she went down to 8lbs 4.5oz but we're back at the midwife on Wednesday so hoping she'll have either put it back on or be on her way up to it again. 

She's still fluctuating with wham she wakes at night, it can be every hour with wind or she can go from 9.30pm until 4am. Either way I don't mind, I know she's still tiny and she won't stay this way for long, so I'm relishing the cuddles every time I feed her at the moment. X
  • Options
    How’s everyone doing? 
    Im on day 5 and getting my dressing changed today so hoping for some good news with that and birth weight today! 
    We are totally obsessed with Emilio but I’m hating not being able to pick up and cuddle my first born. Can’t wait to be healed 😰
    Here’s a few pics 🥰

• Options
    Loving the pictures of all the beautiful babies 💖💙 this was Rosie yesterday at 3 days old ! She’s woken up this morning with conjunctivitis bless her 😭. Midwife came out today and she hasn’t lost any weight from her birth weight . She also sleeps so well basically 11pm-5am. Will probably change though I’m sure 🤣. Hope everyone is doing well xx 
  • Options
    Benka96Benka96 Regular
    edited Jun 8, 2021 3:09PM
    Hi girls....so nice to see all your beautiful babies...mine is already 5 weeks i can't believe it !!! 
  • Options
    Benka96Benka96 Regular
    edited Jun 8, 2021 3:10PM

I have a question about your babies heads....haha i know it seems funny but 
    my baby is 5 weeks  can't believe how time goes by....but I a bit worried about her head shape....it looks kind of wonky on one side....and her forehead is sticking out on one side aseell...I don't know whether i should worry or not. Shes been breech the whole pregnancy maybe thays the reason....do you think it looks normal ?? As it seems quite long too ...are your babies head weird shaped too ??? I'm being paranoid again hahaha