Forum home Birth clubs Due in November 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in November 2019 - Part 2

Replies

• Options
    Hi ladies, hope you are all doing ok :-).

Ive got a question, when do you plan on telling colleagues at work/when did you if you have already? I’m 14 weeks on Wed. I work across a couple of offices. On each day I don’t really see the same people as we have flexi working so people work from home, across different hubs. Would it be ok to send a nice email to my immediate team? I’ve drafted one on Friday so send tomorrow but I’m panicking a bit. I’ve seen it a couple of times before for pregnancy , where people bring in treats and let people know of their news. We get emails almost weekly for peoples announcing their birthdays and bringing in treats? I have told a couple of close work people but I thought doing an email means I don’t leave anyone out and can announce it in one go? I feel really nervous to do, I have no idea why! Xxx
  • Options
    You have to be 16 weeks for a gender scan! I have mine booked next Saturday at 16weeks and one day! 
  • Options
    @Newbeginnings2 they recommend you be at least 16weeks for gender scan. I would personally recommend be as close to 17 weeks as possible so chances would be higher
  • Options
    @LivyLouby great news, I’m waiting for the screening results. My appetite has been missing for a long time now so I’m panicking about starving the baby. 
  • Options
    @MrsG101 I told my team at work last week at 12w 5d but it’s because I’ve been so sick and I’ve also been really emotional at work so didn’t want them to think I was just being dramatic. 

I really can’t wait till I’m 16weeks so I can do a gender scan! 
  • Options
    MrsG I told my employer when I was 10wks everyone else I told once I’d had my 12wk scan there’s only 9 of us so I just showed them the photo xx 
  • Options
    Hi Ladies, just had my 12 week scan and all is looking well with the baby. Got to listen to it’s little heartbeat and it was wriggling around. 

unfortunately though my screening tests have put us at high risk for Down Syndrome. The NT measurement was 1.1 which is all fine but I have low PAPP-a (the Reading was 0.34 MoM). Our risk is apparently 1/144 and they class normal as 1/150 at my hospital so we are right on the cusp. Luckily they offer NIPT at my hospital so we’ve been able to have that before considering a CVS. I have really mixed emotions now and I’m really worried about my low PAPP-a results :( 
  • Options
    @Lpop I understand your emotions right now. I'm waiting to have my amnio tomorrow. I didn't go for the NIPT as it was still a possibility for us it would come back high risk and we would have had to have the amnio anyway. Remember it's just a risk factor at the moment. Many women just have low PAPP A which is normal for them. Your NT measurement sounds great though. Hope everything turns out okay! Do you mind me asking how old you are? Xx
  • Options
    @Char09 I understand, if I didn’t think the NIPT was worth it I would have gone for the CVS right away as any delays would be agony! 

Im trying to stay really positive, 144 isn’t that far away from 150 so it could be worse so to speak.

Im 29 (I was 28 when they took my bloods haha it was my birthday last week) x  
  • Options
    Yes definatley, especially as you have only just gone below the low risk mark! It wouldn't make sense to go straight for the CVS! What was your HCG level? Okay so it wasn't your age that put you slightly down either xx
  • Options
    @Char09

my full results were: 

12w5d
    CRL: 63.7mm
    NT: 1.10mm
    HCG: 1.979 MoM
    PAPPA-a: 0.341 MoM

I’m pretty sure it’s my PAP bringing the results down, the doctor we spoke with afterwards said she was pretty happy with everything else and nothing was too concerning. I’m hoping it’s just a dodgy blood test haha x 
  • Options
    Yeah see my HCG was a bit below average and my PAPP-A incredibly low. Strange as our downs syndrome was low risk but other two high. Mad to think they put all the results in a computer and it decides what the risk is! How long do you have to wait until your results? Xx
  • Options
    Do you know what the average for HCG is? The doctor didn’t mention that. She just focused on pappa-a. Do you mind me asking what your pap number was? 

I know, it’s crazy! My results for the other two are both 1 in 20,000.

she said hopefully by the end of the week, if not Tuesday. I’m hoping I hear back by the weekend though otherwise it will just drag massively! X  
  • Options
    My papp a was 0.040. To be classed as low it has to be under 0.5 I believe so your not that low at all to be honest. I'm not sure about HCG? Xx
  • Options
    NikkinarnoNikkinarno Regular
    edited May 20, 2019 2:02PM
    been for my scan today everything looks fine, the empty sac looks as though it’s started to go as it was filled with liquid what she believed to be blood which my body will absorb or I may bleed, but she said it should have completely gone by my next scan. My scan picture isn’t very clear 😕 I never get clear scan pictures, I declined all tests, for me what Ever will be will be 😊

• Options
    @Nikkinarno glad your scan went well! If our outcome comes out that baby is normal, i think I will decline in future. The stress of this is no good for my mental health or the babys health! Looks like you baby doesn't like staying still for the picture hehe xx
  • Options
    @Nikkinarno glad the scan went well Nikki!! Did they change your due date? 

Totally agree about the stress of these tests... I don’t think I’ll do them in future either x 
  • Options
    They said it wouldn’t keep still when she was trying to scan. My date was 29th nov, private scan was 28th nov and hospital scan 30th nov. I never go full term anyway most I go is 37+5 and that’s overdue for me 🤣
  • Options
    Haha fair enough! At least we know it’s sometime in Nov! Haha 
  • Options
    For those saying you’re going to decline tests, that is your right and absolutely fine but just remember why these tests are offered. The mum of a boy in my tutor group had a baby in December, she was born with Edwards syndrome. Her 3 month life was spent in a hospital and then a hospice, being tube fed and various unpleasant sounding medical interventions to prolong her fragile life. It has been devastating for the whole family. 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions