Forum home Birth clubs Due in November 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in November 2019 - Part 3

Replies

• Options
    Your notes are so much better than mine! I don't even get why ours differ, you would think it would be a standard thing! 

Did you get an earlier scan then? I haven't had one since 20weeks so I'm a bit confused why she would write I have it, if it's not confirmed. I just said the same to hubby, I'm not even above the top line yet 🤔 

Everyone is having these growth scans while my lot are basically just sat around telling me how big the baby is going to be and scaring the shit out of me with it. Just spoke to one of the midwives, she said it's also on my digital notes but she's hasn't requested sooner scan or anything but that she will call me back on Monday and explain. 
  • Options
    @Bluehawaii90 that's mad with no scan to check. Defo demand to be seen!

I measured on the 98th last time round with 'low fluid' so I find it bizarre they would just make the assumption.

How often do you all see your midwives? I've not seen mine since 28 weeks, but noticed on my app that they're claiming to have taken my blood pressure on 2nd October. Lies!!! 
  • Options
    @EvelynsMummy6390 I was seeing her every 3 weeks now its every 2 weeks. 
  • Options
    My full list of appointments to date, for your perusal lol 
    She keeps getting the dates wrong so it's a mess on her account, not mine 🤣

I had none of this with my first, and she was 8lb 10. I don't especially like this midwife, she says stuff without thinking that I might go back and Google it and work myself up. 
  • Options
    @Bluehawaii90 your appointment list is quite short 😕 I would be ringing the hospital and asking for an explanation to what they have told you without a scan being done, I’ve been scanned at 20, 22, 26, 29, 32+5, and next one in 2 weeks. I’ve also had internal scans but that’s due to previous problems so not even counting them. Here is my appointment list. What area are you in? I’m in Manchester and based at st Mary’s which is based in Manchester children’s hospital 
  • Options
    Nottingham. I've constantly felt like I've not been seen enough but when I've questioned it I'm told that they only see you if there's an issue with your second (htf do they know there's an issue if they never see me!?) 
  • Options
    NikkinarnoNikkinarno Regular
    edited Oct 18, 2019 9:55AM
    Nottingham. I've constantly felt like I've not been seen enough but when I've questioned it I'm told that they only see you if there's an issue with your second (htf do they know there's an issue if they never see me!?) 
    Exactly !! I’d be turning up me-asking to speak to the senior midwife or even requesting an appointment with the consultant there and then. You have every right to say how your feeling and demand some answers regards to all the questions you have. I haven’t seen my community midwife for ages, I just carnt be doing with her, but she has never rang to see where I am or if anything has happened to me. I had steam coming out my ears I was that mad at my last appointment at the hospital, I had some young doctor,maybe half my age telling me when I get induced they would have to go through the process of inserting a ballon into my cervix to make it open, if she had cared to look at my notes she would of seen that I don’t require an invasive procedure like that, a simple popping of my waters will be fine to get me going!i actually took my medical notes from her and shown her my last induction process in my notes, which after she read then agreed with me. 🤦‍♀️😡🤦‍♀️ I will not miss  my antenatal appointments after I have had him
  • Options
    @Bluehawaii90 I believe everyone’s measurement scale is different and personalised based on your height and weight at your booking appointment. Mine looks different to both of those. I measured 33cm at my 34w appointment on Tuesday which puts me at about 55th centile. I’ve been around 25th centile at my previous 2 measurements.
  • Options
    @LivyLouby I think the scales depend on where you are. I had the standardised one last time but this time theyre working with both the standardised (where I'm on the 50th) and also a separate chart plotting with my weight and previous baby (shows I'm just below the 25th). Although I'm fully expecting a big jump at my next scan at 36 weeks! 
  • Options
    Bluehawaii90Bluehawaii90 Regular
    edited Oct 18, 2019 9:00PM
    @EvelynsMummy6390 do you mind me asking if you are running through the middle of the chart, why are they doing growth scans etc and keeping such a close eye?

I went back through my WhatsApp messages to my mum in 2017 and I was measuring 35.5cm at 34 weeks with my daughter! So clearly I'm not the beached whale the midwife suggests I could be...I'm 5mm bigger than I was before!!! I'm still also not sure that the dates they are giving me are accurate. I checked my period tracker and I got my bfp on 20th March. Period was due 9th March with possible conception dates of 27th Feb, 2nd March, 6th March. 33 day cycle has me around the end of Feb, which puts me to 12th November on the NHS due date calculator! So I guess I could be slightly further on after all and measuring accurate. @Nikkinarno assuming at baby number 10 (?) You've had a fair few dating scans, have you found them to be accurate? I've got a friend who had IVF so knows the exact day she conceived, yet her dating scan put her 5 days ahead.....makes no sense. 
  • Options
    @Bluehawaii90 no problem. For Evelyn I got them because of my excessive sickness early on, but later because she was big and they wanted to keep an eye on her. According my notes this time it's down to a previous big baby. I'm assuming they're thinking I could potentially go bigger again and they said they'd be looking to induce if I was heading for the 4.5kg mark. If my next scan still has me on the same line then it'll be my last one, if baby takes a jump I'll go at 38 weeks to be checked again. It seems standard for them to give the 3 appointments at our hospital as they're all booked in at the same time just after your 20 week scan. 

Personally I dont trust the NHS dates. By my working I was due 29th November and they dated me at 25th. The same happened last time, I was dated forward the same number of days and went into labour on what I had calculated was my due date.

Im honestly shocked they're being so blasé about the whole thing when you're clearly worried. A quick 5 minute scan at the hospital could sort it all out and give you answers. 
  • Options
    @Bluehawaii90 the dates they give don’t seem to make any sense at all! I have PCOS so was regularly doing ovulation tests and only one came back positive in March which must have been when I conceived. I calculated my due date from that to be 13th Dec, but they dated me from my way off sync periods and put me 21st-24th Nov! That makes the date of conception in the middle of a period for me!! So no sense at all. I think baby must have just had a super speedy growth rate in the first few weeks or my egg was more mature or something, because my 20w scan put my date at 21st Nov too (but they left it at 24th on notes) 🤷‍♀️ 
  • Options
    Thought I was going into labour last night. I’ve had period pains since 8pm Thursday but last night they were focused and strong and only lasted a minute at a time. Hardly had any sleep but there’s no pattern so don’t think it’s contractions just yet 
  • Options
    @Lucyros3x do you have a contraction counter downloaded? I used the Ovia one before and it's good cause it puts them into different classes. Also if it is a warm bath or shower can kick-start contractions. I can't remember if you're one of the first due dates or not?

My midwife rang me this morning 'Hey where are you sitting?'
    Eh on my couch????

Apparently they've forgotten twice to let me know I have an appointment and that's why I've been so long waiting to see them. Nobody told me when I rang earlier in the week though! 
  • Options
    Yeah I’ve been using the Ovia counter it’s really good :) I’m due 3rd November so would only be 2 weeks away anyway! I’m hoping it is early labour to be fair! That’s crazy about them not letting you know!!! 
  • Options
    @Lucyros3x fingers crossed for our first baby arriving soon 🤞
  • Options
    Hi Ladies, hope you are all well! I have literally just gone through all of the Prt 2 thread and this thread 😅 great news my lil buba is now weighing in at over 3 pounds so UCLH have said I can give birth at Barnet hospital since she won’t be needing the neo natal unit anymore. Still very small so they are inducing me at 37weeks which is just 2 weeks away! 😮 what is an essential for your hospital bag? I have to pack mine but I’m so confused. 
  • Options
    Pads (the hospital will have some but it's embarrassing to keep asking each time you have to change)

Tiny baby vests and baby grows (sleepsuits). You can guarantee that first sticky poo is going on whatever she is wearing so just pack an extra lol

I would say nappies but if she's so tiny, they will probably provide. They gave us free access to nappies and milk when I had my daughter so chances are your hospital will do the same. Maybe take a few and bring back what you don't use?

Other than that, your phone charger, and something to do while your awake listening to every one else's baby cry while yours sleeps soundly! The woman I was next to in the hospital was awful, she had one of those cribs that rocked and she insisted on squeaking it all fricken night... Just about drove me insane!
  • Options
    Ooh and body wipes for you. Hospitals are disgusting. With any luck the shower on your maternity ward will be better than the Luke warm drizzle that was on mine. I felt so much better after a good wash, just face and hands even. 
  • Options
    @Neenaricci I'm glad the little one is doing well. Hopefully she can pack on a good few more ounces before you hit 37 weeks! 

I agree with @Bluehawaii90. I'm also planning to pack a giant bottle of Gatorade in the hope it will hydrate me a bit faster than water, as I'm useless at drinking enough at the best of times!

Flip flops are always good for the shower/walking about the ward as they're easy to rinse off if your waters go and also I'm not a fan of bare feet on the hospital floor. Clothing wise I would recommend a decent pair of leggings for comfort and also to hold you in place for those weird first couple of hours. It's not an awful feeling but I could definitely feel where she had come from as the organs started to move back in to place! And a bottle of dry shampoo/face spritz just incase you have a longer labour and feel a bit yeuch.