Forum home Birth clubs Due in November 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in November 2020 - Part 2

Replies

• Options
    @WLJ i rarely get time to myself if I’m honest but I think it’s for the best I just try to keep occupied so I don’t have time to sit & over think literally every possible scenario horrible when your fighting with your own self sometimes xx

how are you feeling today? Xx

Thinking of you today @hannah9000 🥰💞

so excited to hear more amazing news & see a lovely scan pic @Rainbows01💞xx

@SunshineB I hope your feeling a little better today I totally get it I feel the same most days I haven’t even told anyone yet literally just me & oh that know I wanted to get the scan over with before telling family too nervous & didn’t want extra pressure of being messaged/called constantly xx

I got my Doppler on amazon in my last pregnancy I think it was about £25/30 still going strong so worth the money I got a sonoline B i managed to get a find bub at 8 weeks 5 days this time angel sounds is also good I have one of those too xx
  • Options
    @teeteee ahh I totally understand. But sometimes when the mind isn’t allowed to switch off it will overthink more. What I’ve found useful is “headspace” app for meditation. It’s meditation where you’re meant to think of things that he’s telling you to, which takes your mind about from daily anxiety. If you’re just to sit there in your own, then of course you will start thinking about your own worries etc but to follow a guided meditation or even pregnancy relaxation session (I’ll send a link) then this can really help. 

It was part of my hypnobirthing stuff last time and it did really help x
  • Options
    @WLJ I'm going to look for one 🙊

Can you recommend any pregnancy books for first time parents xxx
  • Options
    Thank you for the well wishes everybody. Here is my little munchkin 🥰

Instead of 12+5, I'm now 13+4... I passed the first trimester and didn't even know it 😂 due Oct 31st 🎃 can I please stay with you ladies? 😬
  • Options
    Ahhhh @Rainbows01 that's amazing!!! I'll be dropping end of Oct too and I'm not going anywhere 🤣

I'm out of theatre, it was horrible and the surgeon was tugging really hard to push through scar tissue 😔 but it's done - baby had a teeny tiny dose of xray too 😬
  • Options
    awwwh that’s amazing @Rainbows01 ☺️💗course you can! Haha ☺️🎃 

So glad you’re ok and everything went well @h@hannah9000 💗 have you got to stay in? Xx
  • Options
    @Rainbows01 amazing scan picture, I'm due October too after having my scan but sticking in this group 🤗

@hannah9000 glad you are all done with your surgery, sorry it was horrible. Take care!

Xx
  • Options
    @Lauralouke I might have to look into the sickness bands, I'm having to snack every 2 hours or I throw up, day or night. I've never heard of the pins, I'm intrigued.

@LaurenR15 it is quite lonely. I don't have any family either, so nobody to tell about the pregnancy or shape my woes with apart from dh.

@Rainbows01 that's a brilliant scan photo! And wow, they've dated you a week ahead too!

@hannah9000 that's great that you're out and recovering. Do you have to stay in or will they let you home?

I was at the gp this morning as I've had a lump in my armpit for a month which feels like it's getting bigger and more painful - he said it's moving with the skin so nothing to worry about, he's given me some antibiotics - and he told me I have to take an aspirin a day until baby is born. Apparently I'm at a higher risk of pre-eclampsia due to my age, even though I've never had it before and I always have low blood pressure anyway!

It seems that when I had my midwife appointment last week, either her or a consultant said I had to go the aspirin but nobody bothered to let me know. I definitely feel neglected this time!

@teeteee dh mentioned getting a doppler last night, but I hadn't realised you could pick up the heartbeat so early. I think I'll look into it x
  • Options
    Ahh @Rainbows01 what an awesome pic. Can’t see the nub though. Do you have any suspicions? can’t believe you’ve taken over me good and proper lol. Course you can stay 🤪
    But hey ladies, anything like can happen on dates. Some of us could be December and some October. It’s a crazy process. 

@Hannah9000 so glad it was ok and you’re done and out. That’s one less things to worry about now. 

@HippieMama4 yeah I got the babies HR at 8+5 and I now use it every few days for reassurance. You have to research what you’re looking for though as there are many sounds and blood vessels near by. It’s very distinct though and sounds like a steam train lol

@LaurenR15 I can honestly say that I didn’t like any books. The main thing for me for tips and best buys, was in here and also you tube there was a lady I followed who had loads of great ideas and tips. I’ve done quite a lot of research into products etc but the whole being a mum things comes naturally and you’ll go with it and just know what to do. X

• Options
    @LaurenR15
    https://youtu.be/SXEMyiZhp-Y

it was this lady. Emily Noris’ channel that I liked x
  • Options
    @Rainbows01 how lush 💟 I've been checking all day for your update. What a lovely clear scan! Do you feel better now? Xx

@hannah9000 glad you are out and safe 😘

@HippieMama4 oh goodness you must be feeling it. Please share everything with us 😘 we will love sharing your journey with you. Xx

@WLJ you probably right, will need some advise on best buys! Trying not to want to buy everything at the moment xx
  • Options
    Thank you all ❤ I feel so peaceful for the first time in 12weeks. 

Yes @WLJ I have 🙈 you could be 30th Oct yet! 😂 I'm looking forward your scan, you're next! 🥰

@hannah9000 oh crikey I'm so sorry it was horrid. But what a warrior you are for getting through it. I hope hubby is treating you tonight 
  • Options
    @Rainbows01 don’t forget my track record. Last due date was 18th Nov. Born 24th Oct haha I could go anytime 😂😂
  • Options
    @HippieMama4 when I had my daughter I was sick every meal time and the rest for about 18 weeks :( so I had them recommended and they were the only thing that worked. They were acupuncture pins they were applied to set a position on your wrist linked to acupressure , I was sceptical at first but they worked amazing, but you have to have them changed every 3 days 😫🙈 which was a nightmare 2 years ago can’t imagine doing it now lol so the bands would probably work if put in the correct place 💗☺️
    Hope you’re feeling ok! 
    X
  • Options
    @WLJ absolutely! Also my new dye date is physically incorrect because I know we didn't do the deed until later on. I think it must be a big baby 😬
  • Options
    @Rainbows01 glad you feel more relaxed xxx
  • Options
    Haha @Rainbows01 I love that 🙈😂 xxx
  • Options
    @Rainbows01 I'm the same, I was stunned when mine moved forward! Now I'm wondering if it's a bigger baby, my little girl was only 6 pounds 2 a week late!
  • Options
    Thought I'd post some nub photos. Soooo tempted to send to nubologists!
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions