Forum home Birth clubs Due in November 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in November 2020 - Part 2

Replies

• Options
    Thanks girls. We had a lovely time. 

Getting ready for my 25 week check today, filled with nerves but no idea why?! 

Hope everyone is doing okay. I have quite a few holidays left and want to go off sooner, but thinking do I want longer off when he is here as I'm dreading going back to work already 😣🤣

How's everyone's nursery coming along? We are still waiting for our furtniture to arrive. Xx

• Options
    @LaurenR15 how long are you having off? Because you still build up your annual leave when on mat leave. So i’ll take 5 weeks on 3rd Nov next year then I’ll have had over 13 month off. @SunshineB wow your nails look ace. You’ve clever doing those yourself 😍

our nursery is pretty much done now. Even my nappy caddy ate packed lol. I just need to pack hospital bag for me (babies is done) then im literally ready. Our nursery is not your normal furniture filled room though. We have draws and fitted wardrobes and a rocking chair. I used a floor changing mat last time, which worked perfect for us, then we won’t have a cot, just the next to me for our room and that’s it. 

I bet it’ll end up being a play room and I’ll have the girls in my bed until they are 13 🤣🤣🤣 im not even like a hippy mum. 🤦🏼‍♀️😄🤣
  • Options

I have to share this from today of my little sweetie pie. Im so proud of her little soul xx
  • Options
    @WLJ hippy mum 🤣🤣 it's what works for you! Everyone is different. I can't wait for ours to come as it just doesn't feel quite real yet. I'm just counting down the minutes till he can arrive 😬😳 15 weeks left. Hoping it will go quick. 

I'm probably having 9 month's as we cannot afford 3 months unpaid. I've not quite decided if I am going back yet. 

That picture is gorgeous what a beautiful little baby girl 💞💞

@SunshineB the best nails 😍😍
  • Options
    Hey ladies! Nice to see everyone’s progressing well 🥰 @LaurenR15 hope your appointment went well! My 25 week check is next week Wednesday but it’s over the phone still 🤦🏽‍♀️ I know from 28weeks onward they will be face to face though can’t wait for those every few week apps they make time go quicker 😁

@WLJ your little girl is beautiful bless her 🥰💖 how old is she again?

@SunshineB I love your nails 😍 I have huge thing for nails I used to do my own before the kids now I enjoy having the little hour or so to myself having someone else do them for me 😁🤣 I always go with gel too xx

Had these done on Monday 😁

• Options

Here is my youngest menace Kady she’s 3 in September. Wouldn't have her any other way our beautiful little rainbow baby 🥰🌈💖

• Options
    @teeteee ah she’s gorgeous and nice nails too. 
    Grace is 3 in October. 
    @LaurenR15 9 months is a nice amount though. Are you thinking of changing your job after baby? 
    Yeah 14 weeks to go for me too. I hope it goes quick. Just think, we were in lock down longer than that. So it should go fast. Whoop x
  • Options
    Aww so you’ll have back to back birthdays & then Christmas 😁 Mine are all relatively close together too & right on top of Xmas 🙈  @WLJ

i have 16 n bit weeks to go so hoping they’ll allow me to have an induction again then it will be a week earlier than my due date 🤞🏽  Going to ask my midwife next week if she thinks the consultant will allow it again keeping my fingers crossed with my past loss & mental health issues it’s caused I’m hoping they allow me I don’t think I could wait it out for him to just make an appearance hate being out of control xx
  • Options
    I hope they don't try pull something sneaky like that @rainbows01 but who knows with them when I'm not informed of anything 🤷🏼‍♀️

How was your appointment @LaurenR15 ? My 25 week one was very boring lol.

Aww thank you @WLJ 😊 
    I've only just started thinking about hospital bags lol 😆 found a bag that I think could be suitable for mine so just need to write a list of what I need. Aww your little girl is too cute bless her.

Thank you @LaurenR15 !! 😊

@teeteee ohhh nice nails yourself 😍 im a bit precious with mine and I can't have anyone else doing them. I have an insta account hay I have run for about 4 or 5 years now I think!! Awww Kady is adorable 😍
    I'm not sure why @teeteee but I seem to have a bit of a worry about going over, I just  really don't want to but not sure what I could do about it 😕 

Our nursery furniture arrived yesterday and Adam was desperate to put it all up lol we just need a mattress and a rocking chair for the corner behind the dresser. We decided to jump on the wall stickers too @wlj hehe just waiting for them to arrive. 

• Options
    Thank you she is basically Dennis the menaces twin to be fair 😂💖
    Love the nursery @SunshineB love grey  ordering our next 2 me crib in grey too 😍 I understand the anxiousness I just can’t wait around I just hope they allow me to be induced again nice to have an actual date to look forward too they allowed me to be induced at 39 weeks with kady I’ve written down so much things to ask the midwife next week because I forget & then kick myself afterwards still haven’t had my consultant app I think if I don’t chase things up with all going on atm I’ll be “lost in the system” I’m seeing it a lot on another forum I’m on too sadly 🙈 xx
  • Options
    Thank you! Yeah we got the Next to me in grey as our room is the same grey lol we painted all 3 bedrooms the same when moved in last year and we love it. Just have wallpaper accent walls in the other 2 rooms. Quite simple tasted people if you know what i mean lol 😆 

Yeah good idea about writing it all down. When it comes to them asking me about birth and stuff I will mention my anxiousness to them. I don't have a reason for it other than hearing stories from others 😫 xx
  • Options
    Oh yeh but I love it! Cannot wait to move I want to do the same with our new place I’m so in love with grey atm 😁
    it’s only right you’ll be anxious first time round because you don’t know what to expect. It’s weird because I was so calm with my first I was only young so I guess & plodded along I wish I was the same person now 🤣 try not to listen to other people’s stories I have no idea why ppl must tell pregnant women everything negative. My births were all very straight forward and I weirdly enjoyed them all 🙊 I hope this little ones the same xx
  • Options
    @WLJ I love how organised you are!!

@WLJ and @teeteee both kiddies are gorgeous 🥰

@SunshineB it's such a hard one to call. Are they talking to you anymore yet? I'm waiting to hear back from work because I actually had two weeks holiday booked in Aug and Sept so I've asked to cancel them, just receive furlough pay. Then I will have four week's holiday pay in Oct, then start mat leave around due date. It shouldn't make any difference to the company so fingers crossed. 

Also havn't packed anything at all. Finally have a tip run booked for Friday, so all the renovation stuff being stored in baby's room can leave and I can get started on washing baby's clothes and putting them away at least. Also bought this changing unit that I want to upcycle - paint and find a cute fabric to make some curtains out of... and see if my husband can find time to make it some shelves 😊

I'm about to hand in my case studies, which is the biggest relief. I'm halfway through knitting a soft, woolly baby blanket for those cold months in the carrier/pram. 

At Christmas, my village does a window advent where every day a new window is decorated. On Xmas Eve you can walk around the village with a map in the dark and spot all 24 windows. I've been busy starting this year's theme (lol, in July 😂) as I have a feeling I won't have any time to prep in Nov with newborn, toddler and exam! 🥴
  • Options
    Yeah we do love our grey @teeteee
    Yeah people like to tell you the horror stores don't they lol I hope this birth is kind to you too 💗

@rainbows01 nope I've not had any contact since I phoned over a week ago. The MD said he would update me early August but I'm not hopeful for an email and my manager said she would aim to have the questions I asked back to me by the 14th. I really don't get why its taking so long unless there's something they aren't wanting me to know.
    Omg Christmas eve sounds magical where you live 😍😍 in the week before Christmas we have a charity float that comes around with a Santa on top and he waves at everyone. It always makes me emotional 🤣 as he used to come past my home where I grew up and my mum would drag us out of bed at night saying Santa is here and we would be so excited! I can't wait for baby to see it next year as this year we will probably skip it as the music he blasts out is very loud 😅 x
  • Options
    @SunshineB all sounds about fishy doesn't it?? If I were you, I'd carry your holiday over to the end of maternity so it's not something for them to even have to consider. You carry it over automatically I believe, so it's not a question of asking for it. And then just tell them your maternity start date (say beginning of Oct if that was when you were planning on taking holiday). Again your mat leave date is your choice, so it's not a question, more just telling them what you've decided. This way you'll still get the same time off and you bring the ball back into your court. This messing you around is not fair x
  • Options
    Also, Santa sounds amazing 🥰 I absolutely adore anything to do with the magic of Christmas! We went to New York a few years ago in Dec and the decorations and atmosphere are something else!! 
  • Options
    I'll see what gets said @Rainbows01 as I have already put it writing what I want and tbh, we could really do with a months full wage before baby comes 🤷🏼‍♀️ after being on 80% wage, both of use since March, a full months wage would really help. My maternity form does say it needs handing in no later than 28 days before leave is expected to start so I know there's plenty of time, it's just besides the point.
    I feel like I'm out of sight out of mind . My friend who is working still hasn't had hers sorted yet and she's 25 week now. So maybe they will do hers first  her being there 🙄 and then sort mine out over email.

Ohhh wow yeah I bet that was amazing!! New York seems the place to be at Christmas. We love Christmas. Can't wait for cozy nights when she is older and watching Christmas films.
  • Options

Thank you   @SunshineB                 I hope your first birth is the best experience too 🥰💖

Aww that sounds amazing 🤩 @Rainbows01 so excited for Christmas even more so this year! It’s like the only thing that can’t be cancelled 🤦🏽‍♀️ I’ve already made a start on the kids pressies 😅🥳 there have been so many bargains near enough daily throughout July saved so much already! It’s been the earliest I’ve ever started on Christmas but from this years savings I think July will be my new start date 💃🏽 

Christmas where I live is beautiful we are in a small town that organises a lovely Christmas fair with so much for the kids to do with the light being switched on too really feel the festive atmosphere I’m doubting most of the usual Christmas events will be on this year our fire work night has already been cancelled 😩

Has anyone booked their 4D scan yet? Xx

• Options
    @SunshineB fair enough! I can get behind wanting an actual full month's wage! 

@teeteee christmas will be magical either way! 

Christmas is absolutely my fave 😂🥰 

Our 4d scan is next Friday, when I'll be 28+6. 28weeks with Zach was perfect so we've aimed for that again! I chose officially closer to 29weeks because our last period dates would make us 28weeks then, and at both scans at 20weeks - the sonographer and the foetal meds doctor both dated me back my original dates, so I think my 13week due date was inaccurate. 

SPD gradually getting worse. This morning is the worst by far 😫 think I need to stop running around with Zach! Deffo overdoing it.

• Options
    I’m the same I love Christmas!! 😁🥰 I love winter my favourite season cosy nights lights on movies 🥰 @Rainbows01

Ahh so did they change your due date or have they left it? We were the same had ours at 28 weeks exactly with the last two. I’ve booked ours for 28 weeks & 2 days. Hope yours goes perfect for you! Cannot wait to see his face just want to see what he looks like 😁 hoping the next 3 weeks go quickly 😂 

I had my 25 week check today over the phone 🥴 managed to get all my questions answered though so I’m happy with that midwife said she can’t see why they wouldn’t allow me to be induced again a week before like last time and because of covid the normal 3 growth scans have now been reduced to 1 at 34 weeks glad there’s at least one I guess 😊 hope your all okay 💕

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions