Forum home Birth clubs Due in November 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in November 2020 - Part 2

Replies

• Options
    @teeteee no they left it at a week ahead of my dates... but I know the truth 😂 

I think 28 weeks is the best time, I look forward to seeing your too! What date is it? I'm half expecting him to look like his brother because the side profile on 2d scans looks almost identical. He has a button nose too 🥰

I'm glad they're taking your anxieties seriously. It can't be nice feeling that way through your whole pregnancy. It's a shame about your growth scans, but at least you have 4d as well to look forward to.

Had my whooping cough vaccine yesterday. Didn't sting at all to me - barely felt it! I do have a small injection site reaction that's a bit sore. And so TMI but last night I had awful belly pain and 💩💩💩 which I think was caused by the jab. Today I can barely keep my eyes open. I'm perfectly well though. Don't remember this the first time round. Just FYI, try not to plan anything the next day 😴😴😴

• Options

@Rainbows01

Haha I was the same when they first put me forward a week at my early scan then by my 12 week one I was exactly the dates I had worked out myself! 😂

Yeh I loved it at 28 weeks last time could really see those cute little features & them chubby cheeks 😍 I have no idea how this little man is gonna look all the girls have been so similar my 20 week scan & kadys 20 week scan look almost identical too 🤩 mines on the 30th August I prefer to count weeks sounds closer 🤣🤣

Poor you I hope you get some rest today! Its always the next day I feel it in the place I had the injection blood tests are the worst I usually wake up bruised 🥴I’m being so lazy today preparing for that heat that’s coming have you any plans whilst it’s hot? Xx

• Options
    @teeteee maybe, just maybe, if I can clear out the baby's room for my husband's tip run tomorrow, I might be able to get baby clothes washed and dried in the sunshine ☀️

Otherwise not really, the gazebo and paddling pool are up at the ready. I'm sure we'll bbq something yummy. Have you got any plans? 
  • Options
    Hope your SPD has settled down @Rainbows01

Glad you had a good 25 week appointment @teeteee

I had my whooping cough a while ago and it was fine next day for me. Not sure if that's because I have the flu jab normally and that does hurt and ache for a few days after. I only had it early this year so need to ask my midwife next week if I should have it this year during pregnancy or wait until next year again.

So work called me yesterday 🤔 asking how I would feel about going in for September 🤣 I said if they want/need me in of course I would go. We have a very small office so I wouldn't be worried about a lot of contact with others. They said they wanted to check with me first as they didn't want to stress me out for the sake of a few weeks as they are aware my holidays will start at the end of September. My manager says once they get info from head office they will let me know. How odd lol 😆 don't feel like I'm going to be much use after 5 months off and they have changed loads of things by the sounds of it.

Hope you've had a nice day. We went to Yorkshire Sculpture Park for a lovely walk round. It's meant to be red hot here tomorrow so I'm glad I chose today to go as it was just nice. 

I found a funny Damien Hirst piece to pose with.🤣

• Options
    Hey ladies. I’ve not been able to get on for days. Don’t know why but kept getting an error. Just gonna catch up now but @SunshineB love the nursery. That’s how back I’ve got to read from. 
    Oh and hello 3rd trimester 😍
  • Options
    @SunshineB how weird from your work! But at least they're talking to you now! Annnnd you know they're all good with your holidays 👌 I'd enjoy a few weeks of normality at work! My work okayed my holidays too, so I'm furloughed until Oct, then on holiday all of Oct, then mat leave from Nov. I guess the jab is just different for everyone. Last time I had no side effects whatsoever 😊 your piccies look lush.

@WLJ I thought you hadn't popped on here in a while! SPD not awful, I tend to limber up a bit after a few hours! Are we in 3rd trimester already? For some reason I had it in my head it was 28weeks (so this coming Saturday for me) I'm not ready for 3rd yet, I wanna stay in 2nd forever 😂
  • Options
    Phew wasn’t too bad. All sounds good progress and im the same with Christmas. Grace is already talking about Father Christmas. So so excited to make it magical for her. I hope Santa visits are on this year. 
    Can’t wait to see your 4D scans. We aren’t allowed one lol. Dan said he wants at least one suppose haha. 
    Cute bump @SunshineB  Can’t believe how pregnant we are now. It’s not long to go really. I had Grace 7 weeks from this point. So I’m defo going to be super ready this time 

have you seen the medela swing Pump on offer for £105. Such a good price. The pack has everything in it. 

Im looking forward to a night away Saturday at friends in Lothersdale. Will feel like a mini hol. Grace is staying with my mum. Whoop. 

Then we have just booked Gullivers world And ever nighy stay for sept for graces birthday. Decided not to have a party and also bring it forward a month as I can hardly walk as it is, so don’t want to risk it any closer to my due date. 
     X

• Options

Yeah I wouldn’t have know other then my app telling me 🤣

my whooping cough gave me a huge bruise and my arm ached for days. 

Are you all getting the flu jab? I wasn’t sure but my midwife is insisting it’s the safest way. It scares me as my water went early and I had had my flu jab that same day. Prob a coincidence but I’m still scared x
  • Options
    No plans for tomorrow @Rainbows01 plan is to relax all day in a cold pool hiding from the sun 🤣 whilst the kids soak each other 😂 suppose to be going beach on Saturday with my mum & the kids 😁

looks lovely there @SunshineB you chose the best day of them all it’s going to be scorching over the next few days 🥵

I’ve always thought week 28 was the 3rd tri too cannot wait for it 🥰

why aren’t you allowed a 4D scan @WLJ? Totally get the bringing the birthday plans forward I’m quite glad kadys is sept I’ll probably have to wear my support band over those two days we’re at chessington too everything aches once I’ve been on the go too long that band really is my new bestie 🤣
  • Options
    Are you at risk of another early baby this time due to you having your first at 34 weeks? @WLJ x
  • Options
    @WLJ enjoy your night tonight! I can't describe how jealous I am 😂 dying for a little break! Grace's birthday sounds like it will be awesome! I haven't even considered the flu jab. It made me SO I'll last time. Hoping to get away without I suppose seen as it's not over winter. 

Yesterday was a bit of a bummer here, warm, but clouds everywhere, so just muggy. Today is looking better!
  • Options
    Just going through my newborn and 0-3month clothes 😭
  • Options
    @Rainbows01 don’t 😫 everytime baby clothes arrive I can’t get over them 🤣 I keep thinking he’ll be too big for them all they all look so tiny! I think I’m just used to kadys now she’s the smallest in the house 🥴

how many outfits do you have? I think I may of gone abit over board on 0-3 baring in mind we’ll be indoors the majority of the time 🙈 xx 
  • Options
    Couldn't even tell you... two black bin bags worth?! Just getting them washed now. Most are baby grows because I just out them in those all the time!
  • Options
    How's everybody going on the name front? 

We are struggling so much. Front runner is currently Evan. And I would most likely call him Vinnie informally.

Also (were) in the running:
    Jenson, Lewis and Ewan.

I really like Malcom or Frank but Ryan isn't keen! 
  • Options
    @teeteee they said it could happen again but then it might not haha so I’m just going to keep my eye on things. It came out of no where last time so I can’t even predict or prevent it. 

@rainbows. All lovely names. I quite like Otis too and Arlo. 

I have too many baby grows haha I don’t know what I was thinking with Grace. 

We had a lovely weekend away at my friends. I felt very pregnant though ( see pic) lol. 
    X
  • Options

Hey ladies been hiding in the pool this last week🥴😂  how are you all doing with this ridiculous heat? It’s mainly the night that I can’t stand weve got a little a/c unit now so it’s a little better 

@Rainbows01 I like Evan & Lewis 🥰

We’re going with Kayden another K name to add to the rest of the clan 😍❤️

@wl@WLJ hopefully little one will stay put till term this time 🤞🏽 a friend from college had her first born 6 weeks early & went on to have the other 2 girls after their due dates. You look gorgeous in that pic 🥰

I don’t think I have too many baby grows it’s outfits I seem to have gone about crazy on 🤦🏽‍♀️🤣 I think the excitement of buying boy clothes took over a little 😆

• Options
    @WLJ same here! No way Zach needed so many 😅 you look phenomenal ❤ 

@teeteee jealous of the a/c!  Love the name Kayden 🥰 must be nice to have a firm choice in your head! Can't blame you with the first boy excitement 😂

Zach has had many night time hours awake in this awful heat. I feel dreadful. But... Zach was born after about 6 straight weeks of this in 2018, so I just keep telling myself, be thankful baby is not due! 

Had another midwife appt today. All good. Had some bloods taken for some anaemia and antibody screening. 

4d scan on Friday!

Where are all the other ladies at?!
  • Options
    Hey guys. Had my first midwife appointment today, slightly terrified as I'm measuring bang on the top black line 🙈 makes me feel nervous the thought of a baby that big for me.

How's everyone coping in the heat? It's awful 🥵🥵
    I don't own any nice floaty outfits and I don't want to buy any now 😒 
  • Options
    Ahh the heat! It’s crazy isn’t it. We have had major thunder and lightening storms with floods too. Mental. 
    @teeteee pass us the AC haha Love the name Kayden. How exciting. 
    I’m lucky grace isn’t bothered by the heat. She sleeps well thankfully. 
    I had my midwife app today too. Bloods for iron levels done and measuring 75th centile which is less than Grace was. They are referring me for a growth scan though, as with the history, they want to make sure she’s not going to be as big as grace for her gestation. 
    @SunshineB I bet you could ask for a growth scan if you ever feel concerned? I’m the same with outfits. Trying to make do with dresses I already have but it’s hard. Living in Pj shorts when I’m I the house. 
    X
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions