Forum home Birth clubs Due in October 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pregnant? Welcome to Due in October 2019

Replies

• Options

Lmc19- congratulations. Sorry you’ve had a hard time but that’s awesome you’re pregnant now and super excited about it. Yeah just call your GP. They don’t offer appointments here with a doctor (unless you’re worried about something) just to tell them youre pregnant, but they told me what to do so they’ll be able to help. We’ve decided to tell my in-laws on Monday (my mum and sister already know) as we don’t mind them knowing, even if I had a miscarriage they’d be great support. But that’s it, not telling friends or work etc until the 3 months at least.

Have you guys thought about whether you’re going to find out the gender? I don’t want to this time around I think. 

• Options

Hi Loubeelou2, thank you congratulations to you Aswell. Yeah I think I’m going to hold off until 8 weeks & then tell my mum etc but leave kids & everyone else until my 12 weeks as you say they will be good suppor. Yes we are going to find out my daughter would go on & on until I did lol I had a surprise with her so finding out will be all new to me. How are you keeping? I still have quite lot of cramps & really tender boobs xx

• Options

Hi! 

So today i have found out that I’m pregnant! 3 days before my missed period. 

Rmight now though I am having like shooting pains! Is this normal?! I’m abit worried already. I had a missed miscarriage in August :(

thanks xx 

• Options

lmc- ahh that’s so nice that you’re going to find out. Yeah good idea telling fam first then everyone else at 12 weeks. Yeah I’m ok, feeling soooo tired and mega sick. Not actually been sick yet but I feel like it’s coming. Sore boobs started yesterday too. Oh the fun! 

Ellie34- congratulations and welcome. Where are the shooting pains? I had shooting period pains the day before I was meant to come on, right in the ovaries, but just didn’t ever come on. I think that’s normal, maybe just implantation pain. Sorry to hear about your miscarriage though, you must be nervous. I’m sure you’ll be fine, and we’re all here for you! what’s your due date? 

• Options

It’s like a lightening bolt shooting pain right in the middle! They have stopped now. 

The due date calculator says Oct 16th! :)

im sure all the pains are normal at this stage. 

Thank you. When are you due?! xx

• Options

Congratulations Ellie, I am exact same as yourself with regards to cramps they have calmed a bit now & it’s twinges on & off now with a full heavy feeling but the other day I was doubled over with cramps. I have had 2 previous miscarriages so know how you feel I’m so nervous aswell but trying to stay positive xx

Loubeelou meant to add I also don’t need doctors appointment I’ve just to call up for the midwives details to book myself in 😊 getting so excited now. I felt sicky this morning to but thankfully not been sick but think it will also come with my daughter I was ill 🙈 xx

• Options

Thank you lmc! So sorry to hear that you have had 2 miscarriages too. 

Fingers crossed this time for both of us we have a healthy baby and pregnancy 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Xx

• Options

Hiya. Just found our Friday I'm preg with 3rd child very very early days. Already worried as I've just turned 40, had severe hyperemesis with last one and was in and out of hospital for most of pregnancy as I just couldn't keep anything down, my body started eating itself. Really hoping this is healthy pregnancy but that I'm not too sick this time round. Nice to chat to some fellow mum's to be......oh and I haven't told my hubby yet? Not sure how Imgoing to surprise him 

• Options

Here’s hoping for us both Ellie ❤️ I’m determined to stay positive & not stress best as I can 😊 

congratulations Cazomic. 

I booked in with midwife today so all feeling real now it’s made me really excited. I have first appointment on 20th March then my scan is 1st April it feels like forever away. Because of my history they have advised that I book in with my early pregnancy unit for a reassurance scan they are confident everything’s ok but they said they can offer it if I choose to have it. Going to hold off for a few weeks & all being well I’ll go then, if not I’ll go sooner but right now I feel fine. Only got some cramps but I know that’s common they aren’t that bad for me to be concerne. Can anyone with other children advise when they told there children? I wanted to wait till my 12 week scan but my girl is 13 & I think she will pick up on something before then especially if I’m sick etc I don’t think I’ll get away with hiding it until ApriL. Was thinking of telling her around 10 weeks (middle of March) and explaining to her it’s earky days etc do yous think this would be a good idea ? Xx

• Options

So exciting LMC! How many weeks are you? 

I went to the doctors and filled out the form for my midwife and she’s going to call me on Wednesday. She is the same midwife I had back in July so that’s good. I really want a reassurance scan so I real hope I can have one. Do you just ring the early pregnancy unit or does your midwife have to refer you? 

I think id like to have one at about 7-8 weeks. 

as last time I got to 10 weeks but the baby died at 6 weeks 4 days :( 

Keeping positive :))) xxx

• Options

Ellie I’m only 4 & half weeks so very days. I would like to hold off until 7 or 8 weeks to go for scan. Last time my miscarriages were 4-6 weeks. Are you having cramps ? I am but not that bad my miscarriage was a different pain thankfully I’ve no bleeding or anything so hoping to hang off until 7-8 weeks then I’ll go but if anything makes me concerned I’ll be straight up. With mines you just call up yourself & they book you in. You should contact them for peace of mind. Glad to hear your keeping positive it’s hard though isn’t it every time I go to toilet I’m terrified xx

• Options

A few niggles but no cramps today. I had a missed miscarriage so I had no idea until just before 10 weeks I had abit of blood so went to be scanned. 

Every time I go to the loo im nervous too! 

I will wait til I speak to my midwife then in a couple weeks I’ll ring the pregnancy unit. 

So excited but so nervous! We must def keep positive :))  xx

• Options

Sorry for your loss that must have been horrific ! How many weeks are you ? Xx

• Options

Yeah it was so awful :( I’ve neen trying ever since to get pregnant again and was beginning to think it’s not going to happen! I had a full hormone blood test last Thursday as I was thinking something is wrong. Doctors are suppose to call me tomorrow with my results! When they do I’ll be like oh I’m pregnant now! Lol! 

4 weeks tomorrow. I found out at the exact same time last time too at 9dpo/10dpo.

i work out quite abit so I’m stopping all of that now but will just walk my dogs so least I’m getting abit of exercise! 

xx

• Options

I’m sure this will be your time. I felt exact same we have been trying for a year. The other miscarriage were years ago with my daughters dad. I have stopped gym to just for a weeks then I’ll go back & do some walking on treadmill. Im going to try swimming 3 times a week I was trying to lose some weight before this as I’m heaviest I’ve been in long time. I’m 10 stone 7 so not overweight but its heavy for me I’m scared I’ll end up massive so trying hard to still do some gentle exercise. I sound selfish saying that as it will be so worth the weight I jist want to have a healthy pregnancy xx

• Options

I know what you mean! I’m sure this time will be it for both of us :)

yeah I think just for a few weeks do gentle exercise. Swimming will be really good :) xx

• Options

Hi! Super glad to say I took 2 home tests this morning and both strong positive. Estimated due date of 10th October 2019. 

I have only been pregnant once before but found out in May 2018 at my 12 week scan that I had a missed miscarriage. 

Super anxious this time. I may book a scan for 8 weeks. 

• Options

Hey 

I'm due Oct 7th with my 5th baby!!

Im 34 name is Laura!

Nervous as hell as i had a terrible previous pregnancy last feb😥

5+4 tested positive 11 days ago...

Crazy test taker here😵

• Options

Wow congrats to everyone that’s pregnant! So exciting!

I booked in with the hospital I want to give birth in last week and already have the first booking appointment and first scan date. So I’ll be around 8 weeks at my first booking appointment which will be 26th Feb, and first scan is booked for Fri 29th March when I’m dead on 12 weeks. 

It says because I’m out of area most of my midwives appts will be with my local midwife (other than booking in/scans etc) so I’m not sure if that means I also have to contact them. Might call doctors to be sure. 

Hows everyone feeling? I feel really sick, not been sick yet, and my appetite has completely gone. I’ve lost 2lbs in 4 days so I’m pretty sure I’ll br losing weight these first 3 months! 

• Options

Hey everyone congratulations to all that have joined in the past few days. Wishing you all a happy healthy 8 months. 

Loubeelou, sorry have had a crazy couple of day. I’m strongly considering a private early scan too, but can’t find any cheap ish ones in my area at the momen. Essentially I just want some one to confirm all is going in the right direction. I’ve always had early bleeding in my previous pregnancies and ended up in EPU, no bleeding yet with this one and keeping fingers crossed it stays that way. 

I always find out the gender I’m fat to impatient not to lol.

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions