Forum home Birth clubs Due in October 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in October 2019 - Part 4

Replies

• Options
    @Ellie34 at first I thought kicks but it was too similar so deffo hiccups 🥰
    I am not even massaging down there... I appreciate it can help but I just can’t do it 🤣 plus... as I’m planning a water birth if I’m lucky enough to get one there’s 70% less chance of tearing as the warm water softens you 😌

@Louloubee I wouldn’t worry that you haven’t had braxton hicks! Some people don’t get them at all, some people don’t get them till right at the end! Everyone is different!!
    i also got those full briefs from primark! They look super comfy 🥰
  • Options
    @Louloubee how did you judge size for the night shirt? Did you just get a size bigger than whatever fits now?

I was considering something similar but figured it'll end up swamping me a week or two after the birth cause it'll need to be big to accommodate the bump pre/post birth. I'd been hoping to get something stretchy that would shrink with me. Or is your  plan to just chuck it?

I'm hoping to brave Primark this weekend. It'll be the first time I'm braving walking around town / shopping since my hospital stays. It's all mind over matter at this point though I think.
  • Options
    Yeah defintely keeping it for after too @Ellie34

I finally sorted out the baby changing /feeding area in our bedroom today. The hanging Koala storage is from H&M £6, the mobile a friend crocheted for Ezra and the basket is just from TK Maxx. 

I have a hanging canvas laundry bag on the side of the cabinet for baby’s dirty clothes. I think the brand is Tellkiddo. 

The first draw is ALL nappy supplies. So that’s all the size 1 disposable nappies I have, and the boosters for the cloth nappies, and stuffed at the back is all the cloth nappies covers that I will be using after all the disposables are used up. I got all those disposables as free samples as I work in a GP surgery and they had to chuck all their Emma’s Diary and Bounty stuff as the coupons had all expired so my practise manager gave them all to me!! 
    The drawer dividers are from Ikea, Skubb £6. 

The next drawer is all newborn, and 0-3m unisex clothes. Plus a few Muslins, bottles and milestone cards etc. 

And the bottom drawer is all unisex 3-6m, 6-9m, and 9-12m. All our boys clothes are packed away in our wardrobes but easy to dig out if it’s a boy, and girls stuff... we have none yet. Haha. 

And next to that chest of drawers is my grey nursing chair from ikea, Strandmon it’s usually £199 but we bought it when they had an Ikea Family discount offer on it for £109.

I just need need to get a little statement pillow to go on the chair and maybe a lamp/fairy lights up there so I can see what I’m doing for nighttime feeds! 

I need some hanging baby clothes storage too, especially if it’s a girl for all the dresses she will inevitably have. So I might have to get a shelf with a rail on it up there too. Something like this, but I haven’t decided yet:

• Options
    @Curiosity101 Ahh I forget how hard things like that can be once you’ve been through something traumatic. Just take it one step at a time, give it a go, if you have to go back to the car it’s ok, just try again another day. I got a size L which is size 14-16, (my pre-pregnancy size) tried it on and it has lots of room in it at the mo so I know it will accommodate a massive bump, plus I don’t mind it being a bit baggy afterwards. So I’m def going to keep it for after too. 
  • Options
    @MissW1997 yeah that’s true, maybe I won’t get any this time around, or if I do might be much later on. Just shows how every pregnancy is different even for the same person cus I had loads last time. 
  • Options
    @Louloubee you can certainly tell you've done this before! That level of organisation is epic. And everything is within perfect grabbing reach. I'm definitely going to copy some of this!
  • Options
    @Ellie34 & @MissW1997 what’s the name of seller for clips & I’ll have a look they are gorgeous I hadn’t even thought of eBay 🙈 xx
    @Loubeelou I had my daughter at 35 weeks so hoping I don’t go as early even though she was perfectly healthy & didn’t require any assistance. I definitely won’t go past 39 weeks as it’s a section everything is going good so far I’m just a bit anxious as this is exactly when it all went downhill with my pregnancy. Love this nightie I’m definitely going to pick 1 of these up xx
  • Options
    Sorry @Ellie34 just saw you said pretty cups I have found them thank you 💞 & glad everything went well with your appointment xx
  • Options
    @Lmc19xx yeah I can imagine you’re a nervous wreck, especially as you’re nearing the 35 weeks again. Let’s hope baby stays in longer this time, but it was very good baby was perfectly healthy and didn’t require any assistance. That’s so good you know you won’t go over 39 weeks, which is October 2nd at the latest.

I’ve heard very good things about elective c section too, it’s very calm and not at all stressful. They can accommodate your wishes like having skin to skin or delayed cord clamping or music you want playing. I’m sure there will be some anxiety as it’s a major operation, but just think at the end you’ll have your beautiful baby girl ❤️
  • Options
    I have this strong feeling I’ll be early... it runs in my family and the dads family! 
    I was born at 36 weeks and was a Diddy 5lbs 6. Needed no medical care and went home next day! 
    Mums thinking end of September! Could easily be wrong... but you know when you have a hunch? Xx
  • Options
    Curiosity101Curiosity101 Regular
    edited Aug 7, 2019 4:35PM
    I'm nervous about going early too. Not a family trait, but after the bleeds it's statistically more likely. I'm very grateful for every day bubs stays put. 
    30w was my next big milestone which is today 😊. 30w means brain development is done enough that I wouldn't need a magnesium drip if they felt I was going to deliver early. My next milestone is 32w as someone I work with was born at 32w and he's a perfectly healthy adult 😄. After that 34w because if you deliver naturally at 34w they often don't feel steroids are necessary. Then 37w as it's 'full term'. 

30w bump pic - weighed myself too and have put on 11lb so far.

Talking to my husband earlier and we've concluded I am definitely probably pregnant 😂 (I think a part of us still can't quite get our heads around the whole thing).
  • Options

Just done the favours for everyone at my baby shower next week! Just need to fill them with milk bottles next week 💖 my friend is doing the rest, so excited to see what she has done! 
    Also my real name is Newlyna. When I started this I didn’t want to put my real name, don’t know why, I should of done really! Lol xx 
  • Options
    @Ellie34 lovely favours! I sent my thank you cards out last week with a little poem from Lexie in there, everyone got all emotional reading it 😂 well it’s lovely meet you ‘newlyna’ beautiful name 😊 I was the same hence me being ‘miss’ haha. But I’m Franceska! 🥰 xx
  • Options
     @MissW1997 Nice to meet you too Franceska!! 🥰 thank you! My name is Cornish so my little girl had to have a Cornish name too 💖 ah that’s lovely! I haven’t thought about thank you cards, I’ll look in to that, thank you! Xx
  • Options
    Cw92Cw92 Regular
    edited Aug 7, 2019 6:11PM
    Hey ladies, 

So glad to hear youre all doing well! 

I also got nighties from primark. I got a large and xl as i had no idea what size i would grow to. In all honesty i will probs chuck them afterwards. Just love an excuse to buy new pjs hahaha.

Love those personalised dummy clips. Ive ordered these ones from Etsy but may look at the ones you girls have too from ebay. So cute. 

@Louloubee loving the changing/feeding area! Also the rail you've put a pic up of, they do in ikea but a third of the price :-) 

Were completing the finishing touches in the nursery this weekend. Gotta put the canopy up over the cot, put the curtain pole up, put the artwork up and change light switch and plug sockets and its all done! So exciting!! 
  • Options
    Cw92Cw92 Regular
    edited Aug 7, 2019 6:17PM
    @Ellie34 what a beautiful name you have!! And to you @MissW1997!! You should use them on here theyre fab! 

I have the worlds crappiest name Chelsea 😂 i was scared to use my name incase people tracked me down and i didnt want them too! But i have no fear of that now haaha
  • Options
    @Ellie34 I thought your name might have been Cornish as it sounds it, so lovely that you’re keeping the tradition with Lowen-Mila 😍
    My name is German (my great granny is German) although no one ever spells my name right! It’s either Ca at the end or H in the middle! Not the ‘K’ but I’m used to that now... so in a way I had to do the same and add the E on Lexie’s name. Although it’s drives me crazy when people... especially family write ‘lexi’ it’s like school for me all Over again 😂

@MrsW92 I always wondered what your name was as we have similar usernames 😂 lovely to meet you Chelsea! Xx
  • Options
    @MrsW92 that’s the reason I didn’t put my actual name either lol but now I don’t care 🤣
    @MissW1997 thank you 🥰 oh I know that feeling, no one ever says my name right or spells it right! It’s nice to have a different name, and I like that yours is spelt abit different too 😊xx
  • Options
    I was nervous about that too! Because of the distinctive spelling I’m not so hard to find on social media 😂 but for the last 6 months we’ve all shared pictures and spoke with each other daily so I suppose we know each other well enough! 😊
    i can imagine @Ellie34 it’s a very distinctive name! But it’s lovely! I do agree! Thank you 🥰x
  • Options
    Yeah me too, there isn’t another Newlyna! Well there’s one in Mauritius and that’s it haha! Yeah I think we do all know each other pretty well now 🥰 it’s nice xx
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions