Forum home Birth clubs Due in October 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in October 2019 - Part 5

Replies

• Options
    @Loubeelou yeah I have been on my ball at night so will keep doing that. I have been reading a lot how having a show doesn’t meN I will go into labour especially with my cervix still closed so I’m in 2 minds but I will give it a go, walks, sex, curry anything else you’s can suggest? Xx
  • Options

These are the little gifts from work. A little outfit, bibs, socks, and then a beaut nappy cake with loadssss of nappies, a little sheep toy, lots of toiletries, a pack of vests, and a couple packs of muslins. All in neutral greys and whites which I love! 
  • Options
    My midwife told me tweaking of the nipples apparently helps with going in to labour! I nearly laughed when she told me! She said curries don’t work, pineapple you would need to eat 8 whole pineapples plus the cord for it work! 
    Ive just booked a Santa’s grotto at a lush hotel in Newquay for Dec! Had to book it now as the dates were going fast! She’s too young really but it will be a nice experience for us all! Lol 💖🎄xx
  • Options
    Castor oil is supposed to be really effective! 
  • Options
    Castor oil is suppose to be quite dangerous my midwife told me. So she told me to stay clear of that! 
  • Options
    @Ellie34 there are studies to say it causes no harm to you or the baby! I wouldn’t personally believe every word your midwife says but that’s just my opinion 😌
  • Options
    Plus every midwife has different preferences! 
    Yours allow sweeps at 38 weeks. Mine will not touch you until 40!
    some midwives won’t let you touch clary sage oil, some recommend you put it in baths. 
    My midwife told me to go to the MAU, the midwifes at the MAU didn’t want to see me!
    just got to do what YOU feel comfortable doing! X

• Options
    That is true, but midwives have a lot more experience with these things! I’ve read up on it and obvs there’s mixed reviews but I’ve read a lot of bad ones. But to be honest you could do all the things they say to do and baby will only really come when they are ready anyway xx
  • Options
    I know midwives have the most experience but as I said all midwives think differently 😊 mine thinks it’s silly to have a sweep before 40 weeks unless there is something wrong, as you shouldn’t try and force the baby out. So it’s all mixed reviews 😌 
    Like the mixed reviews on Ewan the sheep, push chairs and everything! You just have to do what you feel best and not be influenced! Always the best way 😊x
  • Options
    Hey all. 

Wow lots has happened. 

@Lmc19xx very excited for you. Especially at your gestation that'd be so exciting if you go into labour naturally. Fingers crossed for you! 🤞☺️

@Louloubee Sorry you had such a horrid ultrasound. Glad you complained and that everything else went well after! 😄

We've just been for a midwife check up and a weigh in. He's put on 100g in 2 days, the aim is 40g so he's absolutely smashing it weight wise! He's now 2.22kg or 4lb 14oz. He was 4lb 10oz 2 weeks ago when he was born. Also I've officially been discharged 😄 just need to drop my part 2 off with the midwives on Monday. 
  • Options
    @Louloubee how lovely is that gift from work! ☺️
  • Options
    Oh I forgot to mention. My milestone of the day... I wore real outside clothes! 🙈😂 I decided to try on a pair of my pre pregnancy jeans and couldn't believe it when they fit! They certainly aren't loose, but they did fit. 😄
  • Options

Here he is today. In his cutest (and most over priced) outfit. 🥰
  • Options
    @ellie34 and @MissW1997 I’ve also heard mixed things about castor oil, the way it works is by irritating your bowels which could then, in turn, irritate your cervix. Same as hot and spicy food, it irritates your bowels, and that could irritate the cervix. To be honest, I’d personally rather not try those methods only because I don’t want to force myself to get diarrhoea!! Haha. It must work for some though for all the good reports it has, so it’s up to everyone what they’re willing to try.

The positive Birth company’s book is good cus it reminded me of the science that actually baby chooses when to come out by producing fibronectin, that then gets things going. So baby will only come when baby is ready. Obv there are exceptions to the rule as some babies start coming way too early, or others never get the memo and 42 weeks later still show no signs of coming out!! 
  • Options
    @Lmc19xx yes they are all on my list too, nothing really else to add!! Let’s hope our babies can come for our c sections haha! After my show/mucus plug I started labour after 5 days so you never know!! 
  • Options
    @Curiosity101 thank you lovely. That’s awesome news about the weight, yay for Harvey 👏 abs also a BIG well done for wearing normal clothes, soooo quickly after birth is a mega achievement. It took me a good 9 months last time 🙈 I’m aiming for 6 months this time! 
  • Options
    My waters broke and I lost my plug in the same night last time. 

This is my bump today (NB this room has not been decorated since the 80s). Bump still seems quite high but I am getting lots of head butts in the bladder so baby's head is still low down.

I'm starting to feel tired again now so chilling out then going to the pub for tea.

• Options
    @Curiosity101 so glad you’ve been discharged! And what a gorgeous little man you have 😍 can’t wait to start seeing some more birth announcements now 🥰
  • Options
    @Ellie34 😂 I also read somewhere that nipple stimulation is good to try my other half will think all his Xmas have come at once 🙈😂😂 That’s lovely you have Xmas all booked in sooo excited for it this year 🥰 I have really missed all the magic of Xmas since my girl got older it’s not been the same when they no longer believe 😢 so can’t wait to do all the fun magic kids stuff again they really are the best days! Xx
    @Loubeelou yeah here’s hoping for us both I’m also scared to try too hot a curry as let’s just say it no longer agrees with me 🙈 I do love Indian but i really suffer afterwards with stomach pains so I'm just going to play it safe with a Chinese suppose that’s still a bit hot lol. Your gift is gorgeous 😍
    @Curiosity101 thank you 🥰 it’s all exciting times now. Well done Harvey 👏 such a clever boy ! & that’s fab you can fit into your jeans go you ! I can’t wait to wear normal clothes again xx
  • Options
    Your so neat @Diddlyd lovely bump xx
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions